5 U.S. nuclear power plants shut down

Hey listen I am all for obama spiking the price of gas, I hope it goes to $10.00 a gallon by election day. I don't care if food is drastically out of reach for everyone. It's less than 90 days, we can all hunker down and get through that, no matter how hard it is. We will survive the last days of obama's regime, as long as they are the last days of his regime.

Error of arithmetic.
The term of office is until 01/21/2013.
Just imagine if Obama looses! In his fury and frustration, he is certain to do the vilest deeds imaginable if we follow the logic of your estimation of the president.

Really, there is only one course for you.

I expect obama to take a scorched earth policy between election day and inauguration day.

The chart shows seasonal fluctuations around a sub-CPI rate of increase.

That's not skyrocketing. That's my point.

For electricity.

Gasoline is energy, and it has DOUBLED in 4 years. That is 'skyrocketing'...

The price of gas doubles and gets cut in half routinely. It's far too volatile to use as any reliable indicator of the cost of energy.

We're also seeing skyrocketing food costs in the last 4 years, or have you not noticed?
No, i haven't noticed. Nor has the BLS in their calculation of the CPI. Maybe that survey of thousands of businesses is less accurate than your "noticing".

BLS CPI DATA For various foods

Your link has Excel databases that show chicken, eggs, milk and ground chuck up around 10% from a year ago, and coffee up 25%.

I guess you don't shop much, or you don't care because food stamps is paying for it anyway...

"I expect obama to take a scorched earth policy between election day and inauguration day."

What will you do to avoid being consumed in those flames yourself?

For electricity.

Gasoline is energy, and it has DOUBLED in 4 years. That is 'skyrocketing'...

The price of gas doubles and gets cut in half routinely. It's far too volatile to use as any reliable indicator of the cost of energy.

We're also seeing skyrocketing food costs in the last 4 years, or have you not noticed?
No, i haven't noticed. Nor has the BLS in their calculation of the CPI. Maybe that survey of thousands of businesses is less accurate than your "noticing".

Your link has Excel databases that show chicken, eggs, milk and ground chuck up around 10% from a year ago, and coffee up 25%.

I guess you don't shop much, or you don't care because food stamps is paying for it anyway...

Food has skyrocketed in the past 4 years?

The data i provided says otherwise.

Last edited:

So, are you telling me that somehow I read the databases wrong? Really? Do you think I would have mentioned them if I hadn't checked the numbers? Are you really that stupid?

Isn't it convenient that one of the most important crop farmers produce is mysteriously absent from your link? Corn. And the price of Beef is skyrocketing. Let's see... Cattle eat Corn... People eat Corn... And... Oh yeah... Numbskulls make Ethanol out of Corn. Conveniently absent indeed.

And the numb-skull idea has been around and perpetuated by farmers for decades, not only in the US. Stupidity, too, knows no borders. This borders on the insane.

Isn't it convenient that one of the most important crop farmers produce is mysteriously absent from your link? Corn..

Wait what?!?! It's a BLS conspiracy?

You should look around before making yourself look stupid next time.

Hey listen I am all for obama spiking the price of gas, I hope it goes to $10.00 a gallon by election day. I don't care if food is drastically out of reach for everyone. It's less than 90 days, we can all hunker down and get through that, no matter how hard it is. We will survive the last days of obama's regime, as long as they are the last days of his regime.

Error of arithmetic.
The term of office is until 01/21/2013.
Just imagine if Obama looses! In his fury and frustration, he is certain to do the vilest deeds imaginable if we follow the logic of your estimation of the president.

Really, there is only one course for you.

I expect obama to take a scorched earth policy between election day and inauguration day.

I hope they've inventoried the silver service.

140 coal fired plants have been shut down too.

Suspicious? Not a bit. obama intends a return to electricity being for the politically well connected. It's part of building a loyalty base.

Excuse me ...

Would you please SHUT UP until you have even one FACT to back up the ASSSinine crap you spew.

Seriously. Either you're very stupid or, you're very stupid. If you're going to continue posting REEEEELY idiot crap like this, post a fucking link with it.

Thanks every so much.

140 coal fired plants have been shut down too.

Suspicious? Not a bit. obama intends a return to electricity being for the politically well connected. It's part of building a loyalty base.

With the lack of industrial demand the electric utilities are more then happy to shut the coal stations. Besides there isn't much incentive to put the required environmental controls on the plant. A CEO of a large electric utility made the statement that with the closing of the fossil plants the price of electricity will get to where it should be, and he didn't mean lower. Now the NRC has stopped the licence process for nuclear plants because Obama shut Yucca Mountain. We are in big doo doo unless those ads I see for free electricity are really true.

Forum List

Back