5 U.S. nuclear power plants shut down

From your link.

Los Angeles area consumers paid more than the U.S. city average for electricity (43.0 percent), utility (piped) gas (13.7 percent), and gasoline (12.1 percent) in June 2012, as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Regional Commissioner Richard J. Holden noted the local prices of electricity and gasoline increased over the year while the local price of utility (piped) gas fell during this 12-month period. The percent differentials for electricity and gasoline widened over the year.

140 coal fired plants have been shut down too.

Suspicious? Not a bit. obama intends a return to electricity being for the politically well connected. It's part of building a loyalty base.

The energy output of the shut down coal plants is being more than replaced by natural gas plants.

Don't just tell half the story to make things sound more "suspicious" than they really are.

obama promised sky rocketing energy costs, he's delivering on his campaign promises.
My take on Obama's plan:

Kill the coal energy business,

Kill American oil energy business,

Drive gasoline prices through the roof (to be more inline with those paid by our European brethren),

Offer great incentives to those developers and experimenters with wind power,

Make massive grants (stimulus money payouts) by way of guaranteed loans to campaign contributors that happened to have invested heavily in green energy companies that are going bankrupt,

Break the bank of the United States...

Last edited:
obama has also started closing refineries.

As refineries close, experts say U.S. gasoline shortage may strike during peak driving season | NJ.com

obama's position is that we won't get serious about green energy until we are forced to by a complete lack of energy and won't mind the outrageous cost.

The mantra is, replace the coal plants with natural gas plants, and it if wasn't for fracking we might, but fracking is also on the environmental hit list.

Obama has started closing refineries? Does he go in and pull a switch or something?

obama promised sky rocketing energy costs, he's delivering on his campaign promises.

So...Obama's plan was to skyrocket energy costs just before the November 2012 election?

You might want to tweak that conspiracy theory just a tad.

Skyrocketing, I tell ya!

cpilosa_energy_chart1.gif

Average Energy Prices in the Los Angeles Area

Your chart shows prices up by more than 10% and the overall trend is higher. What's your point?

As refineries close, experts say U.S. gasoline shortage may strike during peak driving season | NJ.com

obama's position is that we won't get serious about green energy until we are forced to by a complete lack of energy and won't mind the outrageous cost.

The mantra is, replace the coal plants with natural gas plants, and it if wasn't for fracking we might, but fracking is also on the environmental hit list.

Obama has started closing refineries? Does he go in and pull a switch or something?
Playing stupid.....You do it so well.......... we are beginning to think its a natural occurrence.

Like I said could be something and it might not be something...if its not then ok whatever...just seemed a bit odd...

you know that nuclear plants across the country routinely and quite often shut down for a host of reasons, right?

Your thread is the equivalent of trying to get people freaked out b/c today there are 4M bacteria on their dish sponge.

Oh noes! We gonna die!

Nevermind that there were 4M bacteria last year as well.

FOUR MILLION!!! On just one sponge? Lordy, wait until the Dimocrats find out about such numbers. They'll be taxing those little critters all across the country faster than you can say, "Revenue Stream."

So...Obama's plan was to skyrocket energy costs just before the November 2012 election?

It doesn't make sense does it? Like his plans to force the price of food to unaffordability. That doesn't make sense either. He could just be such an ideologue that it doesn't matter or he is so convinced of his own infallibility that he can't believe people wouldn't vote for him.

It doesn't make sense does it? Like his plans to force the price of food to unaffordability. That doesn't make sense either. He could just be such an ideologue that it doesn't matter or he is so convinced of his own infallibility that he can't believe people wouldn't vote for him.

Looks to me like your theory is based on false premises and that is why it does not make sense.

Playing stupid.....You do it so well.......... we are beginning to think its a natural occurrence.

*Freeper missing point of sarcasm......../facepalm

Hey listen I am all for obama spiking the price of gas, I hope it goes to $10.00 a gallon by election day. I don't care if food is drastically out of reach for everyone. It's less than 90 days, we can all hunker down and get through that, no matter how hard it is. We will survive the last days of obama's regime, as long as they are the last days of his regime.

Your chart shows prices up by more than 10% and the overall trend is higher. What's your point?

The chart shows seasonal fluctuations around a sub-CPI rate of increase.

That's not skyrocketing. That's my point.

For electricity.

Gasoline is energy, and it has DOUBLED in 4 years. That is 'skyrocketing'...

We're also seeing skyrocketing food costs in the last 4 years, or have you not noticed?

Hey listen I am all for obama spiking the price of gas, I hope it goes to $10.00 a gallon by election day. I don't care if food is drastically out of reach for everyone. It's less than 90 days, we can all hunker down and get through that, no matter how hard it is. We will survive the last days of obama's regime, as long as they are the last days of his regime.

See, there's your false premise right there. You think it is Obama spiking gas and food. A demonstration of your complete ignorance of the commodities markets and how they function.

The chart shows seasonal fluctuations around a sub-CPI rate of increase.

That's not skyrocketing. That's my point.

For electricity.

Gasoline is energy, and it has DOUBLED in 4 years. That is 'skyrocketing'...

The price of gas doubles and gets cut in half routinely. It's far too volatile to use as any reliable indicator of the cost of energy.

We're also seeing skyrocketing food costs in the last 4 years, or have you not noticed?
No, i haven't noticed. Nor has the BLS in their calculation of the CPI. Maybe that survey of thousands of businesses is less accurate than your "noticing".

BLS CPI DATA For various foods

Last edited:

Nope, he has the EPA to do the dirty work for him...you stupid fucking ****

Error of arithmetic.
The term of office is until 01/21/2013.
Just imagine if Obama looses! In his fury and frustration, he is certain to do the vilest deeds imaginable if we follow the logic of your estimation of the president.

Really, there is only one course for you.

Forum List

Back