5 Reasons Why Chick Fil-A Is Not What You Think

According to HuffPo (and I assume a few will crucify me for my source, but feel free to provide another) Chick Fil A have donated money to hate groups, who compare gay people to pedophiles, and want them exported out of the country.
They have also been sued more than a dozen times for employment discrimination. One women who is currently suing says she was sacked because the managers wanted her to be a 'stay at home mum'.

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

If this is true, it goes beyond free speech.
When did you come to the conclusion that it is okay to suppress speech if you are offended by it?

Same thing about women. If women pay taxes and those taxes are used to build roads and electrical plants and bridges then women should have a say who uses that infrastructure. Even if Chicken Parts pays a lot, they don't pay all. So to force women to subsidize discrimination against women is unfair.
Course, I once knew a political party that engaged in voter suppression and discriminates against gays and blacks, Hispanics, women, teachers, scientists, Muslims, atheists and other groups of people too numerous to mention, but they are really, really sensitive and get really upset if you say they are "unfair". Of course, they feel they can be unfair because that party is 90% white and mostly Christian so they have a right. But I won't mention who they are. It really upsets them.

What I find funny is you war on women comments and then you support homos.....uh.......why do they hate women so much they wont have sex with them?

So you have sex with gays? To prove you don't discriminate? Seems a rather confusing position.

Nope, I just said why do gays hate women so much they wont have sex with them, and yeah it's based on typical liberal logic and how they argue....confusing isnt it?

Here's another one. If you havent tried gay sex, how do you know you wont like it? What's stopping you from taking the plunge?

Sorry Dick, I thought you were saying Dan Cathy was spearheading boycotts.

I don't really support organized boycotts. I have companies I boycott for various reasons, not usually political.

No, I said he was giving millions to NOM, which organizes boycotts. Cathy just pays the freight.

According to HuffPo (and I assume a few will crucify me for my source, but feel free to provide another) Chick Fil A have donated money to hate groups, who compare gay people to pedophiles, and want them exported out of the country.
They have also been sued more than a dozen times for employment discrimination. One women who is currently suing says she was sacked because the managers wanted her to be a 'stay at home mum'.

It's an op-ed piece by a political activist, it is all opinion based on other op-ed pieces.

It does not go beyond free speech in our country, our country is found on free speech. So no matter how hateful, disgusting, repulsive, it maybe, it is a right of every American.

That is true, it is just a shame that people still hold to such beliefs.

Then why do you?

"hate group"

So now progressives are supporting pedophilia?

It is true Chick-fiil-A did donate to an anti-MAMBLA organization...

Something wrong with that??

You support grown men having gay sex with kids?

I have a problem with people comparing gay people with pedophiles.

I have a problem with gay men thinking they have the right to screw young boys...

The joke is that Dan Cathy contributes millions to organizations like NOM. NOM has been organizing boycotts of businesses that don't discriminate against employees. They organized boycotts against companies like General Mills and Starbucks.

Yet the right wing here believes that Dan Cathy is having HIS first amendment rights violated.

only because he was until both asshat mayors backed down.

try again, corky

Lets ask an owner of a business who is uber-Christian in values enough to not even conduct business on Sundays what he thinks of gay marriage, then act shocked and offended when he actually says the obvious answer...

And Christian groups who don't believe in gay marriage (just as they don't believe in things such as *GASP* divorce) are not "hate groups"... well, unless you think of gay groups that bash Christians and Christianity as also "hate groups"

I hear they dont believe in premarital sex either. I guess they hate everyone who does despite there being absolutely no logical reason for me to conclude that.

One thing Chick Fil A certainly IS: Making piles of money from a massive outpouring of support of their free speech. :clap2:

And your money going to them is used to finance organizations like NOM, who try to silence other legal companies.

is nom a governmental entity?

are you this stupid in real life?

"hate group"

I have a problem with people comparing gay people with pedophiles.

I have a problem with gay men thinking they have the right to screw young boys...

I have a problem with straight men and women who think the same way:)

The joke is that Dan Cathy contributes millions to organizations like NOM. NOM has been organizing boycotts of businesses that don't discriminate against employees. They organized boycotts against companies like General Mills and Starbucks.

Yet the right wing here believes that Dan Cathy is having HIS first amendment rights violated.

try again, corky

hmmm, so there is a court case on this incredible violation of civil rights?

:eusa_shhh:

Lets ask an owner of a business who is uber-Christian in values enough to not even conduct business on Sundays what he thinks of gay marriage, then act shocked and offended when he actually says the obvious answer...

And Christian groups who don't believe in gay marriage (just as they don't believe in things such as *GASP* divorce) are not "hate groups"... well, unless you think of gay groups that bash Christians and Christianity as also "hate groups"

It's not just his words, it's his actions. He contributes millions to homophobic organizations, including National Organization for Marriage. Don't you even see the height of your absurdity, since NOM organizes boycotts against companies that don't discriminate? So while you were wolfing down mediocre chicken today, to support free speech, part of your money actually supports organizing boycotts against companies that don't discriminate.

as long as it wasn't my tax money, i don't really give a shit.

clearly, you know the first amendment from a to b.

I hear they dont believe in premarital sex either. I guess they hate everyone who does despite there being absolutely no logical reason for me to conclude that.

And against other things in direct opposition to Christian beliefs.. like over-indulgence... and CRIME... damn their hatred of such things :rolleyes:

"hate group"

Liberals.... NAMBLA FOREEEEVER!!!!!!!!

Any day now I expect you assholes on the left to call for the round-up of anyone who is not in favor of gay marriage.

So let me be the first to say FUCK YOU !!!!

So you're going to take the position that unless there is a court case, it didnt happen? Despite the fact that the mayors made very public statements and tried to use strong arm tactics until they were forced to back down?

Fuck, why defend Chick-fil-A so strongly? It's a fucking corporate change machine. It's not a person.

the CEO? Dipshit Bigshot who got slapped for opening his big mouth

try again, corky

There has to be litigation in order to stand up for Rights?

Well, hell. Tell everyone to go home and stop being vigilant. There are no people looking to curb your liberties......Ignore that whole Human History thing....

Move along people. Nothing to see here...

Sorry Dick, I thought you were saying Dan Cathy was spearheading boycotts.

I don't really support organized boycotts. I have companies I boycott for various reasons, not usually political.

No, I said he was giving millions to NOM, which organizes boycotts. Cathy just pays the freight.

Starbucks can be as gay as possible, I dont care, Boycotts are stupid and a waste of time....

Forum List

Back