5 Reasons Why Chick Fil-A Is Not What You Think

What we CAN'T do....in a supposedly "free" society is to dictate our beliefs on other people....that's not a free society, that is a theocracy.

Might wanna tell the mayors of Chicago and Boston that.

nah...for them? It's OK. They're on the side of the 'little guy'.

paperplate doesn't know the meaning of theocracy...had he? He wouldn't have made such a bone-headed post.

Oh I dont know how about applying pressure to lift the ban on Chick Fil A in that area? No, would that be to direct? You wouldnt stuff your face in "support" but you would be able to directly address the problem you have.

Ooooooor you can wolf down a Milk Shake and feel like you did something.
...which is actually more effective than posting on the internet, calling it "raising awareness", and then feeling all smug because you're making a difference.

Call it raising your cholesterol...Only a fat ass would think that they are making a change by eating.

images

You Won it for America! :clap2:

...and only a constutional illiterate supports censorship leftwing bigots...oh wait...you are one.

According to HuffPo (and I assume a few will crucify me for my source, but feel free to provide another) Chick Fil A have donated money to hate groups, who compare gay people to pedophiles, and want them exported out of the country.
They have also been sued more than a dozen times for employment discrimination. One women who is currently suing says she was sacked because the managers wanted her to be a 'stay at home mum'.

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

If this is true, it goes beyond free speech.

Dear Noomi:
On two of the issues you posted, if the conflicts were resolved directly then these would not become religious issues of favoring one side over the other. Mutual consensus on solutions is the only way I see to prevent religious imposition, if you count both sides of these conflicts equally protected by law:

1. RE: employment
there was a case in a Bible base Christian school where a female teacher did not qualify for a position or promotion because she would be in charge of teaching men against the school's religious beliefs, policies and practices. the courts ruled in the school's favor so the woman was technically discriminated against by gender under civil law. this case could have gone either way and one side would have been discriminated against either by religion or gender. the only way I see to prevent that is to RESOLVE the conflict such as by ensuring the teacher had an EQUIVALENT opportunity that would not violate any policy.

same with employment or school policy differences. if these conflicts were resovled directly between parties then religious differences would not be an issue. it is when people fail to resolve conflicts themselves, then it can become a civil matter under the state even though religous issues are technically outside state jurisdiction. so you end up with a conflict either way, if one side wins over the other SOMEONE is going to be denied equal protection of rights or interests; so I cannot judge such cases except to say the only fair and constitutional solution is for the judge/court to order the parties to resolve relgious issues themselves, maybe offering mediation to facilitate and ensure that protection, so that the state is not abused to rule one way or another against the beliefs of dissenters.

2. re spiritual healing of sexual abuse and addiction
yes and no.

For people who are acting homosexually unnaturally, as they themselves recognize and admit later, YES spiritual healing has indeed saved lives and relations and turned people back to where they should have been had they never been abused or raped or whatever caused them to react and suffer that way.
There are real testimonial cases, but not all people are like this; and that is where I AGREE that imposing it is harmful and causes trauma and damage.

For people who are either born or naturally homosexual or bisexual
of course it would be dangerous harmful and abusive to try to force change on them.

The mutual harm on BOTH sides is "assuming and judging all cases as the same"
when clearly not all cases are one way or the other;
from what I have seen
people on BOTH SIDES need to STOP trying to paint all cases one way
as it is causing HARM to people (on both sides) who are helped by approaching them the other way!

so both approaches cause HARM if they are denying and projecting
and excluding people INAPPROPRIATELY who are under the other type of case.

people who are naturally homosexual or bisexual do NOT need to be abused
or harassed by people who think "all of them are unnatural"

people who are unnaturally attracted or addicted and NEED and ask help to HEAL
deserve to get help instead of being denied access to therapy if this would save them from suffering effects of past abuse!

To DENY people access to help and healing (including studies documented by medical professionals) by wrongly assuming and declaring publicly that all such is all FALSE,
is just as harmful IF NOT MORE IRRESPONSIBLE and unethical. Like denying people free cancer treatment that could have saved their lives.

NOTE: the same methods of spiritual healing that help recover from sex addictions or abuses (hetero or homosexual or even some pedophile addictions that are criminal) have also helped people to heal of cancer, diabetes, schizophrenia nd other mental and physical diseases and conditions, even healing whole relations between ppl and whole families

so this one point about healing people of homosexual conditions (I mean the unnatural conditions related to abuse or addiction) deserves serious attention and medical study

many more ppl can benefit from understanding the proper and effective methods
of spiritual healing that follow natural laws of science and medicine working with the mind and body to heal itself.

if nothing else good comes of all the suffering and abuse related to homosexual issues and conflicts with society, the knowledge of spiritual healing coming forth will help many people and relations to heal so that the good that comes will surpass the past suffering.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back