5 Reasons Israel Is Losing the Public Relations Battle

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
Israel has no one to blame but themselves.

By Juan Cole,

Right-wing Israeli officials are concerned about attempts to "delegitimize" Israel, and fund former officials and intellectuals to attempt to combat this perceived trend. But it seems obvious that Israel is gradually sinking in the perception of the outside world, and there are concrete reasons for this change. Most of them derive from the train wreck that is Israeli Occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and the Israeli blockade on the civilians of the Gaza Strip. Others derive from the hawkishness of the Likud government and its Kadima predecessor.

They have nothing to do with anti-Israel sentiments or hatred of Jews. No one is condemning the municipality of Haifa or the administration of Tel Aviv. The criticisms are criticisms of aggressive expansionism and a trigger-happy government. The criticisms are getting louder and more mainstream, with potentially deleterious effects on Israel’s economy as time goes on.

1. Giving the finger to any ‘peace process'

Israeli land theft in the Palestinian West Bank has reached epic proportions under PM Binyamin Netanyahu, with settlement populations surging 18%. The right-wing in Israel is so isolated from the real world that they have begun claiming that the Palestinian territories are not even occupied. They claim that the Palestinian rejection of Israel’s right to exist forces them to occupy Palestine (in fact, the PLO recognized Israel as part of the Oslo accords, after which the Israelis screwed the Palestinians over royally).

They distort history and say the most ridiculous things, such as that the League of Nations Mandate awarded to Britain in the 1920s allows them now to steal Palestinian land and water without recompensing them. The brazenness and zombie-like relentlessness of this march onto other people’s land has provoked an increasingly influential international boycott movement, targeting the "settler-industrial complex" that preys on the hapless Palestinians under Israel’s control. That is why the Church of England recently endorsed a World Council of Churches-inspired program that brings people to the Occupied Territories to see for themselves what Occupation is doing to the stateless and rights-less Palestinians. The resolution was a major defeat for the Likud, right-wing branches of Zionism.

Read entire article using the link provided

One cancellation: it looks like global elites (most of them Jewish) pulled a plug on Israel by sanctioning the destruction of Syria and Iran.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

By Juan Cole,

Right-wing Israeli officials are concerned about attempts to "delegitimize" Israel, and fund former officials and intellectuals to attempt to combat this perceived trend. But it seems obvious that Israel is gradually sinking in the perception of the outside world, and there are concrete reasons for this change. Most of them derive from the train wreck that is Israeli Occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and the Israeli blockade on the civilians of the Gaza Strip. Others derive from the hawkishness of the Likud government and its Kadima predecessor.

They have nothing to do with anti-Israel sentiments or hatred of Jews. No one is condemning the municipality of Haifa or the administration of Tel Aviv. The criticisms are criticisms of aggressive expansionism and a trigger-happy government. The criticisms are getting louder and more mainstream, with potentially deleterious effects on Israel’s economy as time goes on.

Israeli land theft in the Palestinian West Bank has reached epic proportions under PM Binyamin Netanyahu, with settlement populations surging 18%. The right-wing in Israel is so isolated from the real world that they have begun claiming that the Palestinian territories are not even occupied. They claim that the Palestinian rejection of Israel’s right to exist forces them to occupy Palestine (in fact, the PLO recognized Israel as part of the Oslo accords, after which the Israelis screwed the Palestinians over royally).

They distort history and say the most ridiculous things, such as that the League of Nations Mandate awarded to Britain in the 1920s allows them now to steal Palestinian land and water without recompensing them. The brazenness and zombie-like relentlessness of this march onto other people’s land has provoked an increasingly influential international boycott movement, targeting the "settler-industrial complex" that preys on the hapless Palestinians under Israel’s control. That is why the Church of England recently endorsed a World Council of Churches-inspired program that brings people to the Occupied Territories to see for themselves what Occupation is doing to the stateless and rights-less Palestinians. The resolution was a major defeat for the Likud, right-wing branches of Zionism.

Read entire article using the link provided

Ah, Juan Cole. He's suffering the same debilitating disease that afflicts Chomsky.

I would have thought that an article such as the above was rather poorly timed. With so much of the Arab/ Moslem world in the midst of putting in place theocratic totalitarianism as a preferred model of government or deposing existing authoritarians... so that theocratic totalitarians can be put in place, was the above a smokescreen to shield the continuing Arab/Moslem slaughter of Arabs/moslems putting in place those theocrats?

By Juan Cole,

Read the entire article using the link provided

We could have said the same thing about the Palestinians and Arabs. All five reasons.
Let's see you do it.

Only #5 would be true. But #1 through #4, you're just nuts!

In fact, I'll give my rebuttal's now:

#1 - In what country is a Palestinian occupational force present against the will of the indigenous population?

#2 - Where are the Palestinian's enriching uranium?

#3 - What Israeli citizens have the Palestinian's placed in "administrative detention"?

#4 - What Israeli port is under a Palestinian blockade?​

Like the article said, you people make some of the most ridiculous statements on this conflict and your post confirmed it.

Ah, Juan Cole. He's suffering the same debilitating disease that afflicts Chomsky.

I would have thought that an article such as the above was rather poorly timed. With so much of the Arab/ Moslem world in the midst of putting in place theocratic totalitarianism as a preferred model of government or deposing existing authoritarians... so that theocratic totalitarians can be put in place, was the above a smokescreen to shield the continuing Arab/Moslem slaughter of Arabs/moslems putting in place those theocrats?
Perhaps Cole could write an article showing us how Palisimians deal with public relations.

A Minute for Munich | United with Israel

Trying to hijack a thread because you don't have a argument against the OP.

Perhaps Cole could write an article showing us how Palisimians deal with public relations.

Up until a couple of years ago, that was the only thing I knew about this conflict.

Everything I've researched and discovered from then until now, has led me to the position I have today. I'm about as objective a voice as you will ever get on this conflict.

We could have said the same thing about the Palestinians and Arabs. All five reasons.
Let's see you do it.

#1 - In what country is a Palestinian occupational force present against the will of the indigenous population?

#3 - What Israeli citizens have the Palestinian's placed in "administrative detention"?

Like the article said, you people make some of the most ridiculous statements on this conflict and your post confirmed it.

1. The Palestinians want the Israelis to occupy them. Otherwise, why did they reject generous offers of 97% of the West Bank in the past?
2. The Palestinians are allies of the evil Iranians who are enriching uranium to destroy Israel. The article you posted, where they said no one can prove that this Iranian venture isn't peaceful, is ridiculous.
3. Gilad Schalit was in a horrible detention for many years.
4. Gaza caused the blockade by firing rockets into Israel for many years.
5. Even you admit the Palestinians are in violation of international law, because of terror.

The Israelis are protecting your butt from crazy Arab jihadists, yet you have the nerve to say F Israel, loinboy! Remember 9/11!

Let's see you do it.

1. The Palestinians want the Israelis to occupy them. Otherwise, why did they reject generous offers of 97% of the West Bank in the past?
2. The Palestinians are allies of the evil Iranians who are enriching uranium to destroy Israel. The article you posted, where they said no one can prove that this Iranian venture isn't peaceful, is ridiculous.
5. Even you admit the Palestinians are in violation of international law, because of terror.

The Israelis are protecting your butt from crazy Arab jihadists, yet you have the nerve to say F Israel, loinboy! Remember 9/11!

That so called generous offer was a hoax.

1. The Palestinians want the Israelis to occupy them.
Like the article said, you people make some of the most ridiculous statements regarding this conflict.

Otherwise, why did they reject generous offers of 97% of the West Bank in the past?
You can't offer what you don't have. The West Bank is not Israel's. The only thing they can do there, is leave.

Then prove it! Where's your evidence?

Schalit is not a non-combatant. IDF soldiers are legal targets.

The rocket attacks are a response to the occupation. The blockade is in response to the election of Hamas. The blockade punishes the entire population of Gaza, which is considered collective punishment, a war crime.

I admit both sides have committed war crimes, which is more than you have.

Palestinian's didn't attack us on 9/11.

Up until a couple of years ago, that was the only thing I knew about this conflict.

Everything I've researched and discovered from then until now, has led me to the position I have today. I'm about as objective a voice as you will ever get on this conflict.
You still don't know anything about this conflict.

You still don't know anything about this conflict.

Most people have been misinformed about this conflict. Until recently, misinformation was the only thing available.

By Juan Cole,

Read the entire article using the link provided

What happened to my response? Just because someone doesn't use the proper format doesn't give Mt Olympus the editorial right to delete my answer. 'Splain it to me.

What happened to my response? Just because someone doesn't use the proper format doesn't give Mt Olympus the editorial right to delete my answer. 'Splain it to me.
See post #5 and explain the editing. My response was something to the effect that "Israel wasn't trying to win a popularity contest." WTF is this all about?

See post #5 and explain the editing. My response was something to the effect that "Israel wasn't trying to win a popularity contest." WTF is this all about?

Were you under the impression that Israel was trying to win a popularity contest?

Evidently not. Israel is doing everything in its power to make itself look like crap to the rest of the world.

There, is that better?

Were you under the impression that Israel was trying to win a popularity contest?

Evidently not. Israel is doing everything in its power to make itself look like crap to the rest of the world.

There, is that better?
OK,Tinny, but I wanted an answer from the Ivory Tower.

New Topics

Forum List

Back