5 most ridiculous myths about Obama

Obama is an Alinskyite....and he has lived his life accordingly.

That is who he is....he knows no other way.

The Alinsky way is to isolate and destroy....Obama is good at it..but it won't work this time.

This is what happens when you do nothing but listen to network TV.

What do you mean?

The media has spent a year telling everyone what a bad man Romney is, his life story is exactly the opposite of that.

His history is one of success and charity, his family life is one of americana lore..

Will this make him a good President?

I have NO idea...but he isn't anything Barak Fuck Head Obama has said of him.

Ok... so you mean more the media in general, which I suppose has some influence. I don't watch TV at all, so that kind of took me by surprise. My 'introduction' to Romney was back in 2006 when he was pushing the individual mandate in Massachusetts. Since then, I've followed him with interest as he's seemed obviously ambitious and obviously very, very eager to be president.

With his generally corporatist governing style, his obvious disregard for individual liberty, his growing chumminess with the neo-cons - I think he could be every bit as bad as Bush or Obama - and potentially much worse.

What do you mean?

The media has spent a year telling everyone what a bad man Romney is, his life story is exactly the opposite of that.

His history is one of success and charity, his family life is one of americana lore..

That has nothing to do with Romney being a 'bad' man or what the media says about him. Bush was a terrible president. I don't think Bush was a bad man. The problem is that he, and most republicans, run on this concept of freedom and smaller government and then crate larger government while removing freedoms. If you think that Romney will/would have been different please tell me why. So far history is saying the complete opposite is true.

We really need to wake up and realize that presidents are not supposed to be elected on who is the 'better' person, who you want to have a beer with, who has the most flashy one liners, who has a better image or a host of other worthless crap that matters in today's politics. The only things that seem to not matter are actual records and issues.

I, for one, am interested in Romney's tax ideas. I want him to be telling the truth about them but I have a sinking suspicion that if he is elected we are going to have just as many loopholes as before and our tax code will still stand in the tens of thousands of pages.

What do you mean?

What did the media say about Romney that implied that he is a bad man?

I suspect he's referring to the way they jump on silly, out-of-context quotes and try to play them up into some commentary on how 'out of touch' Romney is. Take the "I like to fire people", or the "women in binders" nonsense. Neither of these has anything to do with anything other than the media circle-jerk. The debates are even worse in this regard because people think they're watching something of substance.

I, for one, am interested in Romney's tax ideas. I want him to be telling the truth about them but I have a sinking suspicion that if he is elected we are going to have just as many loopholes as before and our tax code will still stand in the tens of thousands of pages.

There are definitely some promises Romney has made that I want to be true. Same goes for Obama. But promises aren't what we should basing our votes on. Both of these guys have records that not only go against the policies they are now claiming as their own, but prove that they are more than willing to break their promises when it is politically expedient to do so.

I suspect he's referring to the way they jump on silly, out-of-context quotes and try to play them up into some commentary on how 'out of touch' Romney is. Take the "I like to fire people", or the "women in binders" nonsense. Neither of these has anything to do with anything other than the media circle-jerk. The debates are even worse in this regard because people think they're watching something of substance.

They have been doing that in politics since there was politics

Personal attacks I have seen about Romney
- Dog on roof
- Hair cut

So far, I would say the media has been pretty tame towards Romney

There are definitely some promises Romney has made that I want to be true. Same goes for Obama. But promises aren't what we should basing our votes on. Both of these guys have records that not only go against the policies they are now claiming as their own, but prove that they are more than willing to break their promises when it is politically expedient to do so.

I agree and that is why I stated that a sinking suspicion that none of that will come to pass.

If Romney does win, the base is going to be royally pissed off because he will break far more promises than even Obama has. Those tax cuts are not likely to happen, Obamacare is NOT going to be overturned and I do not think that any real loopholes are going away and those are just the first that come to mind (not to mention they are the biggest).

I find it interesting, and really sad, that so many believe whole heartedly that such things are really on Romney's agenda when there is nothing that shows they will be.

- Dog on roof
- Hair cut

Ahhh. lest you forget that he killed a woman... that was kind of a big myth/attack portrayed by the Obama campaign and the media

I find it interesting, and really sad, that so many believe whole heartedly that such things are really on Romney's agenda when there is nothing that shows they will be.

I suppose it's more fun to 'believe'. People prefer the positive and would rather delude themselves than face the frustrating reality.

- Dog on roof
- Hair cut

Ahhh. lest you forget that he killed a woman... that was kind of a big myth/attack portrayed by the Obama campaign and the media

I don't remember where the media said he killed a woman. I remember Laura Bush killing her ex-boyfriend but nothing from Romney

New Topics

Forum List

Back