5-Minute Solution for fixing the deficit....I think this would work. Seriously.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
This isn't new, but it's worth revisiting.

Some background [1]:
  • Salary of retired US Presidents:.. . . . .. . . . . $180,000 FOR LIFE.
  • Salary of House/Senate members: .. . . . .. . . . . $174,000 FOR LIFE. This is stupid
  • Salary of Speaker of the House .. . . . .. . . . . $223,500 FOR LIFE. This is really stupid
  • Salary of Majority / Minority Leaders . . .. . . . . $193,400 FOR LIFE. Stupid
  • Average Salary of a teacher . . .. . . . .. . . . . .. .$40,065
  • Average Salary of a deployed Soldier . . .. . . .. $38,000
So with that as context....."I could end the deficit in five minutes," Warren told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election."

I think Buffett's spot on because today we have leaders who want you and me to fear all sorts of things -- the press, ISIS, global warming, etc. Elected federal leaders, however, have no fear of facing any consequence from not actually doing their job and doing it well.

Note:
  1. (Please, don't parrot the "serve one term and collect full retirement for life" thing. First, read this. Congress Members got it good, but not that good. LOL There's a schedule for how much they actually can collect, but whatever they collect, it's for life if they retire "in full" or what some folks might call "fully vested." That's what the figures above refer to.)

Some background [1]:
  • Salary of House/Senate members: .. . . . .. . . . . $174,000 FOR LIFE. This is stupid
  • Salary of Speaker of the House .. . . . .. . . . . $223,500 FOR LIFE. This is really stupid
  • Salary of Majority / Minority Leaders . . .. . . . . $193,400 FOR LIFE. Stupid
So with that as context....."I could end the deficit in five minutes," Warren told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election."

I think Buffett's spot on because today we have leaders who want you and me to fear all sorts of things -- the press, ISIS, global warming, etc. Elected federal leaders, however, have no fear of facing any consequence from not actually doing their job and doing it well.

Note:
  1. (Please, don't parrot the "serve one term and collect full retirement for life" thing. First, read this. Congress Members got it good, but not that good. LOL There's a schedule for how much they actually can collect, but whatever they collect, it's for life if they retire "in full" or what some folks might call "fully vested." That's what the figures above refer to.)

You have to first understand how he central bankers have worked for centuries to enslave us with fake debt.

This is long, but well worth a look for anyone that wishes to understand this. IMHO, there is no more important history class...

Some background [1]:

Note:
. How about Warren having to be taxed more when there is an increase in the deficit ?? Now that's justice. No more getting away with loop holes, tax breaks, tax havens for the rich or filthy rich in this nation. Everyone pays their fair share. Everyone..

The deficit is much akin to the bible and the constitution. They have no relevance other than as instruments with which to bludgeon opponents.

The deficit is much akin to the bible and the constitution. They have no relevance other than as instruments with which to bludgeon opponents.
Don't believe in the Bible or the Constitution eh ? What the hell are you living here in America for ? There are plenty of places that would fit with your attitude, and would take you in with no problem.

Don't believe in the Bible or the Constitution eh ? What the hell are you living here in America for ? There are plenty of places that would fit with your attitude, and would take you in with no problem.

Actually I did not say that, it is how they are all commonly used in american soceity. And about this "belief" thing. Largely what you "believe in" is a function of where your mother spread her thighs and pushed you out. Had she done that in Saudi Arabia for example, and remained there to raise you through your socialization, you most probaly would be just as fanatical about Wahabism. Since this was supposed to be where an individual could be free, you expose that as an illusion you don't even believe in yourself seeing as how you feel anyone who disagrees with your mindset should leave.

The Constitution has no relevance? Hmm...pretty sure the courts would disagree.

Some background [1]:

Note:

You have to first understand how he central bankers have worked for centuries to enslave us with fake debt.

This is long, but well worth a look for anyone that wishes to understand this. IMHO, there is no more important history class...

central bankers have worked for centuries to enslave us with fake debt

What is fake debt?

Just to give you a sense sort of what your $17K+ pays for in very broad terms that one might use to compare with one's own work schedule:
Now I know they don't work as little as the ABC story would have one believe, but I knowing some legislative assistants and other Congressional staffers, I also know that the nature of a significant share of the "work" they do isn't stuff that is productive for you and me.

What does that mean? They spend huge amounts of time (numbered purely for convenience):
  1. Getting informed about a topic.
  2. Getting informed about the political angle their party/caucus wants to push. (Or if they are part of the leadership, meeting with political strategists to design the political angle and how to "sell" it.)
  3. Preparing remarks/talking points they will deliver in interviews and speeches.
  4. Preparing questions to ask in committee hearings, some "loaded," a few that are sincere and germane to the topic, and some for grandstanding purposes.
  5. Figuring out how to say something publicly and that gets press coverage so the person managing their blind trust can make the right "wise" decisions about how to manage their investments.
So, yes, they are busy for a lot of hours each week. The quantity of hours is about the same as most principals. But if one were to examine the "in direct service of the client" substance of what they do in those hours, even people like me or attorneys, accountants and other professionals who bill clients for a variety of indirect work activities we perform would cock a brow. Think about it. Do you really need all three of your members of Congress doing all five of those things all the time?

Some background [1]:

Note:

What is fake debt?

You have more and deeper reaading to do, but that is a good question to pursue.

Some background [1]:

Note:

What is fake debt?

You have more and deeper reaading to do,

On what subject(s)?

Some background [1]:

Note:

What is fake debt?

On what subject(s)?

What is fake debt?

Some background [1]:

Note:

What is fake debt?

On what subject(s)?

What is fake debt?

I'm supposed to read up on fake debt? Great. What is it?

Some background [1]:

Note:

What is fake debt?

On what subject(s)?

What is fake debt?

Today, every dollar they print is a actually a dollar of debt. If you care about this topic, I implore you to watch the video I posted.

What is fake debt?

On what subject(s)?

What is fake debt?

I'm supposed to read up on fake debt? Great. What is it?

Do you understand the use of google"

Type in "central bankers have worked for centuries to enslave us with fake debt".

Start there and see what comes up. Focus upon the IMF and the World Bank at first blush and drill down. Have you ever done any research?

What is fake debt?

On what subject(s)?

What is fake debt?

Today, every dollar they print is a actually a dollar of debt. If you care about this topic, I implore you to watch the video I posted.

Today, every dollar they print is a actually a dollar of debt.

I'm holding a $20. Who owes me interest on it? How much?

What is fake debt?

On what subject(s)?

What is fake debt?

Some do not wish to know, the illusion of america is more comforting.

Some background [1]:

Note:

How about Warren having to be taxed more when there is an increase in the deficit ?? Now that's justice. No more getting away with loop holes, tax breaks, tax havens for the rich or filthy rich in this nation. Everyone pays their fair share. Everyone..

Buffett would agree with you.
The man's been very clear about the fact that he thinks people who "make a mint" could stand to pay more in taxes.

Forum List

Back