5 in London who Allegedly Threatend Pope... Muslim?... AP doesn't mention it.

Someone didn't look very carefully. From the NY Daily News:

But London's Telegraph reported the men are suspected Islamist terrorists from a variety of countries, including Algeria. The publication reported the men were arrested because they were planning to assassinate the pop

Read more: Six arrested over potential terror plot against Pope Benedict XVI during London visit: police

just sayin'

Ummm. Mal's OP addressed the question of why the AP had not made any mention of the alleged plotters being "Muslims."

You, Jilly, then make reference to something the NY Daily News had published. And while it may be true that the Daily News used SOME news wire services, it doesn't indicate that it used the AP or that (even if it did) the AP had made any reference to the alleged plotters being "Muslims."

So your post and your point don't really bear upon Mal's OP at all.

But London's Telegraph reported the men are suspected Islamist terrorists from a variety of countries, including Algeria. The publication reported the men were arrested because they were planning to assassinate the pop

Read more: Six arrested over potential terror plot against Pope Benedict XVI during London visit: police

just sayin'

Ummm. Mal's OP addressed the question of why the AP had not made any mention of the alleged plotters being "Muslims."

You, Jilly, then make reference to something the NY Daily News had published. And while it may be true that the Daily News used SOME news wire services, it doesn't indicate that it used the AP or that (even if it did) the AP had made any reference to the alleged plotters being "Muslims."

that's okay, the story the idiot linked to wasn't about the plot. :lol:

not the sharpest tool in the shed

just sayin'

:confused:

The link in the idiot's ( I keed my friend, tha malcontent) OP sure did go to the UK's Guardian story about the five arrested suspects involved in conspiring (allegedly) to kill the Pope.

So, all in all, I guess I just don't know what you talkin' about Willis.

just sayin'

At the time I Posted this OP there was no Speculation by the Mainstream Media... The Story I Linked had NO Reference. Yet there were other Sources that Pointed at Islam.

I'm sure it's been Updated now...

The point i was illustrating is that the "Free Press" doesn't Hesitate to used Anonymous Sources and Speculation in Situations like... And Abortion Clinic Attack.

:)

peace...

just sayin'

It was at the Time I Linked it del... Ask those who Posted Early on who Read it and Commented on it...

You are so Fuckinig Wrong on this one that you should just be a Big Boy and Admit it.

Not that I Expect Honesty from you, Hired Troll.

peace...

just sayin'

Today the OP links to this: Pope meets with abuse victims as thousands protest

I will check for you tomorrow...

It's an Unfortunate Link...

But not as Unfortunate as you Waiting all Day to Find something to Jump on me about...

You Sad little Person. :rofl:

peace...

just sayin'

my presumption, since my friend, mal, did this thread, was that it wasn't being covered in what my rightwing friends like to call the MSM.

Therefore, the implication, to me, at least, was that somehow this was not being reported. I linked to an article in that bastion of conservatism, the NY Daily News :)

I would think it silly if he was just criticizing the AP specifically.

Last edited:
Check out the following headlines in the British press about the arrest of six men who may have been planning to kill the Pope during his visit to England:

* "Muslim Plot to Kill Pope" (Daily Express)
* "Pope visit: Five suspected Islamist terrorists arrested over assassination plot" (Telegraph)
* "Police question six street cleaners held over plot to attack the Pope" (Daily Mail) (2nd paragraph: "Armed officers detained the men, all believed to be Muslims of North African origin, as they prepared to go on shift at a cleaning depot in Central London.")

Yet in neither of two separate articles by the Associated Press (Nicole Winfield and David Stringer/Victor L. Simpson) do the writers mention a possible extremist Muslim/Islamic connection. The writers simply identified the suspects as "London street cleaners."

Read more: NewsBusters.org | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

It's time to add street cleaners to the DHS terror list. :evil:

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Today the OP links to this: Pope meets with abuse victims as thousands protest

I will check for you tomorrow...

It's an Unfortunate Link...

But not as Unfortunate as you Waiting all Day to Find something to Jump on me about...

You Sad little Person. :rofl:

peace...

And today it's this del:

Vatican declares Pope's visit to Britain a success

Are you Capable of Conceding when your Trolling is Exposed for the Bullshit that it is?... :lol:

peace...

Forum List

Back