5 Healthcare Mandates Republicans Want

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Forced Transvaginal Ultrasounds and Fetus Burials? 5 Healthcare Mandates Republicans Want | AlterNet

Forcing women to get transvaginal ultrasounds: Virginia Gov. Bob McDonald wanted to force every woman seeking an abortion to go through the extremely uncomfortable and medically unnecessary procedure of a transvaginal ultrasound — sticking a medical wand far into a woman’s vagina to get a clearer ultrasound image.

Ordering women to cremate and bury their miscarried fetus: A huge abortion omnibus bill in Michigan could force women who miscarry to cremate the miscarried fetuses. This comes at no small expense to the woman: cremation of a fetus costs hundreds of dollars, and interment can be additional thousands. The bill has been passed by the Michigan House, and is awaiting a vote by the Michigan Senate.

Requiring doctors to lie to female patients: In Kansas, Republicans tried to force doctors to tell women that they faced risk of cancer from having an abortion. That is patently untrue, and making doctors say that it was true would be, in effect, requiring them to lie to their patients.

Making a dying woman consult two doctors before she can get a life-saving abortion: The New Hampshire legislature just overrode a veto by the Governor, forcing through a law that bans “partial birth” abortions. The law only reinforces federal law, but has the additional requirement that any woman who is exempt from the abortion ban because her life is at risk must visit not one but two doctors before she can get the procedure to save her life. For many rural women, especially those facing life-threatening conditions, this is near impossible.

Mandating people pay extra to give medical device companies a tax break: Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-MN) worked so hard to protect medical device companies from having to pay, that he has instead passed their costs onto the consumer — regular Americans — by increasing the cost of health coverage.

Article has links. But it's easier to make this about me and not about the information. Annnnnnd go!

Forced Transvaginal Ultrasounds and Fetus Burials? 5 Healthcare Mandates Republicans Want | AlterNet

Forcing women to get transvaginal ultrasounds: Virginia Gov. Bob McDonald wanted to force every woman seeking an abortion to go through the extremely uncomfortable and medically unnecessary procedure of a transvaginal ultrasound — sticking a medical wand far into a woman’s vagina to get a clearer ultrasound image.

Ordering women to cremate and bury their miscarried fetus: A huge abortion omnibus bill in Michigan could force women who miscarry to cremate the miscarried fetuses. This comes at no small expense to the woman: cremation of a fetus costs hundreds of dollars, and interment can be additional thousands. The bill has been passed by the Michigan House, and is awaiting a vote by the Michigan Senate.

Requiring doctors to lie to female patients: In Kansas, Republicans tried to force doctors to tell women that they faced risk of cancer from having an abortion. That is patently untrue, and making doctors say that it was true would be, in effect, requiring them to lie to their patients.

Making a dying woman consult two doctors before she can get a life-saving abortion: The New Hampshire legislature just overrode a veto by the Governor, forcing through a law that bans “partial birth” abortions. The law only reinforces federal law, but has the additional requirement that any woman who is exempt from the abortion ban because her life is at risk must visit not one but two doctors before she can get the procedure to save her life. For many rural women, especially those facing life-threatening conditions, this is near impossible.

Mandating people pay extra to give medical device companies a tax break: Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-MN) worked so hard to protect medical device companies from having to pay, that he has instead passed their costs onto the consumer — regular Americans — by increasing the cost of health coverage.

Article has links. But it's easier to make this about me and not about the information. Annnnnnd go!

It is incredibly Disingenuous to imply that all Republicans support this kind of Shit, when it is in fact only a small Minority of them.

Kinda like Implying all Democrats are Actually Communists that would love to see the Free market Gone. When only a tiny Minority of them feel that way.

It is incredibly Disingenuous to imply that all Republicans support this kind of Shit, when it is in fact only a small Minority of them.

Kinda like Implying all Democrats are Actually Communists that would love to see the Free market Gone. When only a tiny Minority of them feel that way.

I didnt say all dude, I posted what they want and who wants it. Sorry you dont like the story but whether you like it or not....it's true.

The part about Dems is false...see, I post links you post mouth diarrhea

I didnt say all dude, I posted what they want and who wants it. Sorry you dont like the story but whether you like it or not....it's true.

OH BULLSHIT...THAT IS WHAT you are IMPLYING.
you damn people are disgusting

[

Well . . . actually . . . my observation is that 90% of them want to abolish the free market. They've all made it abundantly clear how much they despise corporations and the profit motive.

Last edited:

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

It's easier to make this about me than the article..like I said in the first post. You guys are so predictable

Shut it hypocrite.

[

Well . . . actually . . . my observation is that 90% of them want to abolish the free market. They've all made it abundantly clear how much they despise corporations and the profit motive.

Well my observation is you're full of feces and going to great lengths to avoid the topic. But it's ok....when republicans do it.

Forum List

Back