$5 Gas Predicted Under Obama -- What, No Pitchforks?

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
http://townhall.com/columnists/LarryElder/2010/12/30/$5_gas_predicted_under_obama_--_what,_no_pitchforks

A wonderful set of questions here:

-Where -are- the calls to sic Obama's Justice Department on Big Oil to hold the oil companies accountable for "market manipulation"?

-Where -is- The Obama demand that the Federal Trade Commission investigate Big Oil for "price manipulation?"

-Where -is- The Obama command to the Justice Department "to open an investigation into whether energy traders have been engaged in illegal activities that have helped drive up the price of oil and food?"

-Where -is- The Obama's call for "a windfall profits penalty on oil selling at or over $80 per barrel." (As of Christmas 2010, a barrel of oil sold at slightly above $90.)

And, of course - what would the price of oil be if demand had not been driven up by The Obama's "Cash for Clunkers" program that put all those huge, new SUVs on the road.

Last edited:
If gas were actually to reach that price, i'm sure that the outrage will again fall justly upon the speculators (being that gas reached a 20 year low [adjusted for inflation] after the markets crashed).

I'm sure there would be pressure on Obama to take some action against it, even though he isn't nuts deep in the Axis of Oil like his predecessor :p

Shouldn't we wait to see if gas prices go to $5/gallon before questioning why Obama isn't "pre-emptively" investigating the oil companies?

If gas were actually to reach that price, i'm sure that the outrage will again fall justly upon the speculators (being that gas reached a 20 year low [adjusted for inflation] after the markets crashed).

I'm sure there would be pressure on Obama to take some action against it, even though he isn't nuts deep in the Axis of Oil like his predecessor :p
I'm sorry -- I think you stopped -just- short of saying that the oil spike -wasn't- because of Bush/Cheney and that the accusations to that effect were nothing but partisan bigotry...
Why not just be honest and take that full step?

http://townhall.com/columnists/LarryElder/2010/12/30/$5_gas_predicted_under_obama_--_what,_no_pitchforks

A wonderful set of questions here:

-Where -are- the calls to sic Obama's Justice Department on Big Oil to hold the oil companies accountable for "market manipulation"?

-Where -is- The Obama demand that the Federal Trade Commission investigate Big Oil for "price manipulation?"

-Where -is- The Obama command to the Justice Department "to open an investigation into whether energy traders have been engaged in illegal activities that have helped drive up the price of oil and food?"

-Where -is- The Obama's call for "a windfall profits penalty on oil selling at or over $80 per barrel." (As of Christmas 2010, a barrel of oil sold at slightly above $90.)

And, of course - what would the price of oil be if demand had not been driven up by The Obama's "Cash for Clunkers" program that put all those huge, new SUVs on the road.

I'm too busy circling the wagons right now.

Shouldn't we wait to see if gas prices go to $5/gallon before questioning why Obama isn't "pre-emptively" investigating the oil companies?
Where -is- The Obama's call for "a windfall profits penalty on oil selling at or over $80 per barrel."
(As of Christmas 2010, a barrel of oil sold at slightly above $90.)

Last edited:

maybe he should preemptively investigate based on this thread as the "smoking gun" :lol:

maybe he should preemptively investigate based on this thread as the "smoking gun" :lol:

In 2007, when the average national price ranged from $2.17 to $3.22, then-Sen. Barack Obama demanded that the Federal Trade Commission investigate Big Oil for "price manipulation."
What's the price of gas right now?

The Obamy Butt-Sniffers will be quiet on rising Gas Prices simply because DA BOOOOOOOOOSH isn't in there now. They really are dishonest simpletons for the most part. For them it's...High Gas Prices with DA BOOOOOOOSH in there = BAAAAAAD!!!! High Gas Prices with the Hopey Changey in there = GOOOOOOD!!!! What a scam.

Trust me..

If gas hits $5 a gallon you will have your pitchforks

But at $3 a gallon, all you have is Fox News reporting like it is $5 already

lol! When gas was $3.00 under DA BOOOOOOOOOSH,the pitchforks were out. Now $3.00 ant so bad according to the Hopey Changey Butt-Sniffers. Funny stuff. :)

lol! When gas was $3.00 under DA BOOOOOOOOOSH,the pitchforks were out. Now $3.00 ant so bad according to the Hopey Changey Butt-Sniffers. Funny stuff. :)

Gas doubled in price to over $4 a gallon under BOOOOOOOOSH

Good thing we had a president who was so close to the Saudis

holding_hands_with_evil.jpeg

Oh and don't worry,when gas prices to get up to $5.00 the Hopey Changey Butt-Sniffers will still try to blame DA BOOOOOOOOOSH. Bet on that. What a bunch of kooks.

Obama Will be very happy with $5 gasoline. It will be one more reason to further curb domestic production and push the Chevy Volt, windmills (in your backyard, not his), solar panels and endless other stupid shit on all of us.

Well at least he doesn't bow to them.

Attachments

• $ObamaBowstoSaudiKing.jpg
    $ObamaBowstoSaudiKing.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 96

And gas has more than doubled since Obama was inaugurated in January 2009...

I think saying gas will reach $5 /gallon is meant to make people feel more at ease with the current $3 /gallon gas.

Gas, last week of Jan 2009:...1.685/gal
Gas, This week:...................3.067/gal
Increase: +82%

What's The Obama's excuse?
Or, better asked: What's your excuse for The Obama?

Forum List

Back