5 common computer problems solved

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
1463781824491.jpg

I've never been a computer nerd in spite of having used them since the early 80's. So I always enjoy tips from Kim Kommando – even some of those which I don't understand. The five she discusses are:

1. UNEXPECTED REBOOTS

2. BASIC SOFTWARE TROUBLESHOOTING

3. BASIC HARDWARE TROUBLESHOOTING

4. POP-UP ADS AND ODD MESSAGES

5. GETTING THINGS GOING AGAIN

I can't remember how many times I've used #5. Anyhow, details are @ 5 common computer problems solved | Fox News

I own macs
What's a computer problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well good for you......... Guess since Macs never have problems it makes one wonder why Apple feels the need for this........

Fix Your Own Mac: A Troubleshooting Guide

https://gigaom.com/2011/01/21/a-guide-to-mac-diagnostic-

Wow! Looks like they even have a site to sell refurbished Macs...... cause they never break down.

Refurbished Mac - Apple Certified - Apple

Sorry for stepping on your toes, I know Mac users fantasize about their Macs being perfect....... :eusa_whistle:

Mac Experts Weigh In: OS X Quality is Declining - The Mac Observer

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone (but me) buying an over priced, over hyped computer.

I own macs

Well good for you......... Guess since Macs never have problems it makes one wonder why Apple feels the need for this........

Wow! Looks like they even have a site to sell refurbished Macs...... cause they never break down.

Sorry for stepping on your toes, I know Mac users fantasize about their Macs being perfect....... :eusa_whistle:

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone (but me) buying an over priced, over hyped computer.

I've had the current one eight years
Never one issue but thanks for your idiotic input

I own macs

I've had my (home built PC) for 10 years with no problem, just rebuilt it simply to upgrade all my hardware to a more modern, faster configuration. Thanks for being an ignorant acolyte, deck ape......... :thup:

I own macs

I've had my (home built PC) for 10 years with no problem, just rebuilt it simply to upgrade all my hardware to a more modern, faster configuration. Thanks for being an ignorant acolyte, deck ape......... :thup:

I just had then build mine, shithead
Custom made
Problems none
Shove that in your ass
Good for you, I custom build my own and for others. Keep showing your ass though, it's funny to watch. :thup:

I own macs

I just had then build mine, shithead
Custom made
Problems none
Shove that in your ass
Good for you, I custom build my own and for others. Keep showing your ass though, it's funny to watch. :thup:

Thanks
The world needs monkeys to assemble things
Carry on Sally

In COMPUTER Forum? Seriously? Is this gonna be the 1st computer thread sent to the Badlands because of a PC/Mac brawl? :eusa_naughty:

I'm cleaning this mess a bit. Don't make me stop this forum and come back here.. :eusa_doh:

Both groups of Mac/PC primadonnas need to stop killing each other and realize that we are all working for Google soon unless you stop supporting THOSE tyrants.

I've got a local shop that fixes all my problems cheaper than I can. And with 8 desktops, 2 networks, and about 6 portable devices -- they are very happy to have me as a customer.

And I'm an electronics designer. Kinda like the plumber with that leaky faucet that rusting the tub.. .

Both groups of Mac/PC primadonnas need to stop killing each other and realize that we are all working for Google soon unless you stop supporting THOSE tyrants.

I've got a local shop that fixes all my problems cheaper than I can. And with 8 desktops, 2 networks, and about 6 portable devices -- they are very happy to have me as a customer.

And I'm an electronics designer. Kinda like the plumber with that leaky faucet that rusting the tub.. .
Unfortunately we have Linux acolytes, Microsoft shills and Apple demagogues each claiming their favorite can do no wrong. It's fun to bust their collective bubbles. :D
I've used all three, each has its pros and cons and I like aspects of all three, all are man made hence subject to flaws and breakdowns all are vulnerable to hacking and maleware/viruses. Such is life. :thup:

Unfortunately we have Linux acolytes, Microsoft shills and Apple demagogues each claiming their favorite can do no wrong. It's fun to bust their collective bubbles. :D
I've used all three, each has its pros and cons and I like aspects of all three, all are man made hence subject to flaws and breakdowns all are vulnerable to hacking and maleware/viruses. Such is life. :thup:

Building your own MAY become a req. Because it's getting harder to buy any computing resource that is not a toy or portable. Everything is now designed to run social apps and games. Which leaves us "working folks" who like 2 HUGE multi-head monitors on the desktop, a bunch of strange h/w connections, and s/w tools that require all of this.

Ever try to edit a excel sheet on a small tablet? Or design a product on a MicroSoft surface? I seriously channeling Steve Jobs here. Time for another "revolution". People need to OWN their computers. Right now -- you are working for Google and your OS supplier. THEY determine what you see and where your stuff gets filed. Assuming it aint just up in "the cloud"..

Building your own MAY become a req. Because it's getting harder to buy any computing resource that is not a toy or portable. Everything is now designed to run social apps and games. Which leaves us "working folks" who like 2 HUGE multi-head monitors on the desktop, a bunch of strange h/w connections, and s/w tools that require all of this.

Ever try to edit a excel sheet on a small tablet? Or design a product on a MicroSoft surface? I seriously channeling Steve Jobs here. Time for another "revolution". People need to OWN their computers. Right now -- you are working for Google and your OS supplier. THEY determine what you see and where your stuff gets filed. Assuming it aint just up in "the cloud"..
Ya know there are ways to block that. If you're using a smartphone;
How to stop Apple and Google spying on you

On your laptop and desktop;

How to Disable Your Webcam (and Why You Should)

In browsing just opt out and do not stay logged into Google after checking your email, etc.

LOL. Yes I have tried to edit and create spreadsheets on a tablet (and phone). That is a monster particularly because most of the mobile versions of that software suck as well. So much is going that way though and even google is going the way of apple - new portable devices tend to come loaded with bloatware and content on the device is controlled by default. There are crap programs that my phone (an android) has on it that are not allowed to be removed unless I crack the phone. That is just unacceptable in book. I have shunned apple and amazon for those exact reasons in the past but now I have no options - they all try and own my device in the name of 'customer experience' when all I want to do is own the damn thing I paid for...

I have none of those issues with Linux.
Honestly..... Who gives a shit?

Oh and I have had those problems even with Linux.
Obviously you do, since you just made an issue of it. I haven't had any of those problems with any distro, and I've installed about 15 different ones so I suspect user problems. Stick with Windows, it was made for people like you.

Forum List

Back