5 Big Stories The Media Will 'Discover' After The Election

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
5 Big Stories The Media Will 'Discover' After The Election​

Investor's Business Daily ^
11/06/2012
IBD Staff

On issue after issue, in fact, the media haven't covered Obama as much as they've covered up for him, whether it's the dismal state of the economy, the failure of his policies or the increased troubles abroad.

The effort worked remarkably well, helping to shield Obama from responsibility, protecting his image and providing a solid floor under his approval ratings.

But ... the fact remains that the country faces huge problems that must be addressed. And after the election, the press is sure to churn out what can charitably be called "now they tell us" stories about these matters, once any potential election impact has passed.• The economy really does stink. The press studiously ignored the ongoing economic catastrophe under Obama, while parading any "green shoot" they could find that suggested growth was around the corner.

Don't be surprised if, after the election, they start to notice that three years of subpar growth have left the middle class further behind and more mired in poverty, and created a vast pool of long-term unemployed.

• Massive debt and entitlement crises loom. Despite four straight years of $1 trillion-plus deficits and a national debt that now exceeds total GDP, the media largely treated the debt crisis with a collective yawn.

Ditto the looming bankruptcy of Medicare and Social Security. These crises are nevertheless real and will have to be dealt with soon, a fact the press will almost certainly acknowledge after Nov. 6.

• The debt ceiling limit is fast approaching. Another story that went largely unremarked this campaign is the fact that the country is approaching the new debt ceiling limit. The Treasury Dept. warned last week that it expects the government to reach its borrowing limit before the end of the year.

Congress and the White House will have to deal with that just as they're trying to avoid the fiscal cliff.

• ObamaCare isn't what it was cracked up to be. After two years of ignoring health reform's fundamental flaws, the press will likely admit that ObamaCare is fundamentally flawed.

Reports are sure to appear pointing out the law's lack of cost controls, its adverse impact on doctors and hospitals, and the fact that, after spending $1.76 trillion, it will still leave 30 million uninsured.

• Obama's deficit-cutting plan won't work. The press let the president get away with one of the biggest whoppers yet — that his tax hikes on "the rich" would be enough to pay for his spending binge and bring down the deficit $4 trillion.

Obama's own budget proved this wasn't the case. And after the election, you can bet the media will be "shocked" to find that his numbers didn't add up.

• Questions about Benghazi still demand answers. After almost two full months spent burying the Benghazi story, expect the mainstream press to wake up and notice that, as the Washington Post admitted in an editorial last Friday, "a host of unanswered questions" remains.

(Excerpt)

Read More At IBD:
5 Big Stories The Media Will Suddenly 'Discover' After The Election - Investors.com

• ObamaCare isn't what it was cracked up to be. After two years of ignoring health reform's fundamental flaws, the press will likely admit that ObamaCare is fundamentally flawed.

ObamaCare is going to be particularly disastrous for the states. This won't be discovered until well after Obama has concluded his second term, however.

• Obama's deficit-cutting plan won't work. The press let the president get away with one of the biggest whoppers yet — that his tax hikes on "the rich" would be enough to pay for his spending binge and bring down the deficit $4 trillion.

This claim is itself a whopper. Obama never said raising taxes on the rich alone would bring down the deficit. He offered ten dollars of spending cuts for every dollar of revenue increases.

The actual lies Obama told are elsewhere. For example, the claim that there would be "savings" after the war in Afghanistan is ended that can be used to build roads and bridges and schools and to hire more teachers, cops, and firemen.

It is mathematically impossible to have "savings" by ending a war that is being paid for with borrowed money!

Obama got away with this astounding lie twice. In 2008 and 2012. He said in 2008 there would be savings after ending the war in Iraq. This year the "savings" will come from ending the war in Afghanistan.

It is astounding the people have swallowed that piss twice!

Last edited:
I used to believe like Shakespeare. First, we kill all lawyers. Today I have revised my feelings about the idea and would like to include all those that are biased and subjective from the fourth Estate.
The appalling censorship and blocking of Oblamer's failures are becoming quite evident. Just how many are really part of the "JournOlist" cabal.[/FONT]

This "liberal media" conspiracy is about the lamest of all conspiracies.

The Right shot its own legs off with its own lie factories churning out mountains of bullshit.

"Obama watched as they died". I had decided to vote, but that one reminded me why I was boycotting the GOP, so I didn't.

The right wing has all the same access to media as the left, it not more. The right dominates the radio talk programs. They have their own propaganda channel at Fox News. And the potential number of right wing internet sites is literally infinite.

There simply is no excuse for failure except one's own shortcomings.

The right simply does not have superior ideas any more. And it now just pays lip service to those principles it used to have. It is ripe with hypocrisy, lies, and insanity.

Stop looking around for scapegoats. Look in the mirror.

Last edited:
This "liberal media" conspiracy is about the lamest of all conspiracies.

The Right shot its own legs off with its own lie factories churning out mountains of bullshit.

"Obama watched as they died". I had decided to vote, but that one reminded me why I was boycotting the GOP, so I didn't.

The right wing has all the same access to media as the left, it not more. The right dominates the radio talk programs. They have their own propaganda channel at Fox News. And the potential number of right wing internet sites is literally infinite.

There simply is no excuse for failure except one's own shortcomings.

The right simply does not have superior ideas any more. It is ripe with hypocrisy, lies, and insanity.

Cool. You must have the inside scoop so tell us why don't you where Obama was while the attack on our consulate and CIA outpost in Benghazi was going on. What was he doing?

Cool. You must have the inside scoop so tell us why don't you where Obama was while the attack on our consulate and CIA outpost in Benghazi was going on. What was he doing?

I don't know, and neither do you or Bret Baier. That's the point. You assholes made shit up to fill the information vacuum in your heads.

I don't vote for assholes who dishonor the dead by making up lies about their last moments on Earth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back