5 Best Moments from MSNBC's Apocalyptic Night

I watched a few segments. It was entertaining in a sad, angry kind of way. The smugness of the hosts was unbearable. Chris Matthews is a seething raging angry ball of slime - he actually made Olbermann look reasonable!!

On some show, I heard the talking head muse about what Chris Mathews was feeling running down his leg when he realized the magnitude of the Democrat loss.

The first vid isn't something I would be passing around with a smug look on my face if I were conservative. Bachmann was caught in one of those scenarios where she said something really stupid, and now she can't back down at the risk of alienating all the stupid people that thought it was great.

She is trying to be PC by not indicating Y or N and ride the fence on an issue with an obvious answer. No, she isn't going to investigate congressmen for being anti-American.

Mathews quoted her as saying that she wanted the media to investigate the Dems. This was obviously a challenge to the host to be unbiased. Fat chance.

She has no interest in investigating the Dems. They've been judged already. This is the biggest ever swing in power in the history of the US congress in any election any time.

She also knows that the voters are not done yet. Everyone is watching the Reps and they better do what they said they would. If the Senate Dems stop them or the pres uses the Veto, that's one thing. If they don't try or don't try to do the right thing, they're toast.

Backman knows this. That is why she was focused on what she plans to do. The lack of thopught or thinking on the part of Mathews does not equate to Backman was not in evidence here.

Mathews had a chance to conduct an actual interview and he stuck to HIS talking points. Whose opinion are we interested in hearing? Michelle B. gives me more of a tingle than Barrack ever did or ever will. There is something very wrong with Chris.

they all need whambalances. all three of them. It's freaking hilarious not to mention :cuckoo: they are too goddamn stupid to realize all the froth, and angst, and name calling turns decent Americans off.

Mathews quoted her as saying that she wanted the media to investigate the Dems. This was obviously a challenge to the host to be unbiased. Fat chance.

She has no interest in investigating the Dems. They've been judged already. This is the biggest ever swing in power in the history of the US congress in any election any time.

She also knows that the voters are not done yet. Everyone is watching the Reps and they better do what they said they would. If the Senate Dems stop them or the pres uses the Veto, that's one thing. If they don't try or don't try to do the right thing, they're toast.

Backman knows this. That is why she was focused on what she plans to do. The lack of thopught or thinking on the part of Mathews does not equate to Backman was not in evidence here.

Mathews had a chance to conduct an actual interview and he stuck to HIS talking points. Whose opinion are we interested in hearing? Michelle B. gives me more of a tingle than Barrack ever did or ever will. There is something very wrong with Chris.

He stuck to his question because she wouldn't answer it. She didn't answer it because she didn't want to sound like a jackass.

Bachmann said in July that if the GOP won the midterm elections "I think that all we should do is issue subpoenas and have one hearing after another. And expose all the nonsense that is gone [sic] on."

It's an issue she has an opinion on. Why doesn't she just answer? When you agreed to interview you used to have to answer some questions, but the rules must have changed.

Not the LEAST of which is Madcow's claim that our Constitution Does NOT have a Preamble!!! :rofl:

She mocked Boehner because he said he had a copy of his constitution right here (pulled one out of his pocket) and the preamble said "We hold these truths to be self evident." :rofl:

I'm probably one of the few peeps here that actually GETS the humour of that!!!

Self-evident, but he CARRIES a copy of it?!? :lol:

Too coo', my fiend! ;)

Maybe we should make it mandatory for all Congresspersons to carry the Constitution with them at all times. Who knows, one of the jackasses might actually read it.

Not the LEAST of which is Madcow's claim that our Constitution Does NOT have a Preamble!!! :rofl:

She mocked Boehner because he said he had a copy of his constitution right here (pulled one out of his pocket) and the preamble said "We hold these truths to be self evident." :rofl:

I'm probably one of the few peeps here that actually GETS the humour of that!!!

Self-evident, but he CARRIES a copy of it?!? :lol:

Too coo', my fiend! ;)

The humor is that the preamble of the constitution does not say that, and he was supposedly holding a copy of it in his hand misquoting it.

The humor is that the preamble of the constitution does not say that, and he was supposedly holding a copy of it in his hand misquoting it.

You know what?

I've got a choice to make here:

I could act like a libtard, and just "work the words,"

saying that there IS a preamble to our Constitution;

or I can Man-Up, and say that I was a fuktard, and didn't actually READ what that preamble actually SAID...

I'm going for the libturd thang! :lol:

Sorry about that. YES, I'm drinking.

Let the berating begin...

This just in...apparently Chris Matthews was taken in an ambulance a few minutes ago.
Here is a shot of him just as he was about to go into the ambulance...
apparently that's what my friend who watched MSNBC for laughs though of Olbermann. Ashen and bloated and going insane...er.

Seriously though,that Madcow chick really is scary. She is the epitome of a heinous Moveon.org skank. When you think of a loony Moveon.org skank,you think of ole Madcow right away. Perfect Mascot for them. Yikes!

I have dared you before to find one story where Rachel told an untruth. Her reporting is quite accurate. So I'll ask again. You're calling her all these names and not giving any reasons why. I challenge you to write something intelligent for a change.

When has she reported a story incorrectly or lied about something?? Why is she scary??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_0DhmBCtJ0&p=44BAF2C891C9A73A&playnext=1&index=36[/ame]

:clap2:

@Gentle Storm

That's why I like Rachel Maddow. Prolonged detention would have made Bush proud. It's too bad that firedoglake is all grins that she is cracking Obama's head and not that she is trying to raise the alarm that the government is continuing to erode civil liberties.

The Great Rejection - Reason Magazine

MSNBC completes transformation: Watching MSNBC’s nauseating, petty, smug election coverage was like watching a live stream of a Park Slope dinner party. And it made it official. The network, which has adopted a piecemeal strategy of partisanship—the evening schedule seems to add a liberal firebrand every six months—has now completed its transformation into the left-wing version of Fox News. Prior to the election, one could hear Chris Matthews comparing the brief and isolated outbreak of violence at a Rand Paul event to—you guessed it!—Germany in the 1930s. Not to be outdone, Ed Schultz popped up an hour later declaring that it reminded him too of Nazi violence. A few days later, Matthews would praise Jon Stewart’s Rally for Sanity, which called for the media to tone down the hyperbole, as “a positive thing.” Last night he was to be found making dick jokes on television as his party was being driven off a cliff.

Exit question: How long before Alan Grayson is offered a job as an MSNBC contributor?

Yeah that says it pretty well right there. Not for nothing but MSNBC finished a solid third in ratings among cable news outlets. I suspect many were watching for the same reason I was too... to see them lose their collective minds. (or should I say, their collective mind)

Wrong quote. the correct quote is "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Are you sure that is what Bohner said?

Maddow really should know better. That we the people line is everywhere.

Yeah that says it pretty well right there. Not for nothing but MSNBC finished a solid third in ratings among cable news outlets. I suspect many were watching for the same reason I was too... to see them lose their collective minds. (or should I say, their collective mind)

I could very well be hallucinating, right now,

but wasn't it MSNBC that was trying to kick NBC to the curb,

to the point of CHANGING UP their very NAME?!?

WTF have we come to, folks?

(That's a REAL question, btw,

even if I got the names wrong)

Last edited:
Seriously though,that Madcow chick really is scary. She is the epitome of a heinous Moveon.org skank. When you think of a loony Moveon.org skank,you think of ole Madcow right away. Perfect Mascot for them. Yikes!

I have dared you before to find one story where Rachel told an untruth. Her reporting is quite accurate. So I'll ask again. You're calling her all these names and not giving any reasons why. I challenge you to write something intelligent for a change.

When has she reported a story incorrectly or lied about something?? Why is she scary??

lol! Ole Madcow is a heinous Moveon.org skank. Nuff said.

That figures. You never put your money where your mouth is. I'd be willng to bet that you have never watched The Rachel Maddow show even once. You're such a phony.

Bachmann really did piss Matthews off. That was truly classic. He was so flustered. He just kept stuttering..."I I never said that. Really,I I I never said that." That was some funny shit. :)

You are just plain nuts. Anybody can find a clip of this on You Tube. Don't you know that?? You are just out and out lying. I was watching it live and I watched the clip again on You Tube. He wasn't flustered, he didn't stutter, and he most certainly did not say he never said it. Why are you lying like that?? The truth doesn't provide what you'd like it to?? Is that it?? So you just make things up?? You're really sick.

Forum List

Back