5 bands that shouldnt be given as much credit as they do

I'm telling you.. it's good stuff. If you are ever kinda pissed off and you like electronic music DM is a good band to reach for.

In 2003, the album was ranked number 342 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. It is included in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violator_(album)

No offense, but considering that you don't even recognize how much better Maiden is than Metallica (not even close!), I'm disinclined to pursue your musical recommendations. :cool:

I've got you beat on record sales, popularity and musical ingenuity, homey. The eddie poster in your bedroom doesn't make it less true that Metallica > Maiden.

Like I said above.. post a poll and i'll match you song for song. After you maiden fanboys blow your load with three songs I'll still be able to post no less than 10 Metallica songs that people still dig to this day. So, pot the thread so I can keep pointing out how maiden, though an earlier band, didn't have NARY the slightest impact on bringing metal to the peaks that it enjoyed after Metallica.

OK guys this is a poll from DDD.....the people who post on their forums vote on these.....and there are quite a few of them......but here is their Great Metal Bands poll

100 Greatest Metal Bands

well, you are a fucking retard who doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. If you think they got BETTER as they got older then you disqualify your opinion from the start.

You calling me a retard is like Adolf Hitler calling Mother Theresa a serial killer, so I'll take the complement.

Even as they got older, Metallica weren't that good. Hated their early stuff, thought it was just thrash crap.

And anybody who likes Depeche Mode has no right calling anybody a retard...:cool:

well, you are a fucking retard who doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. If you think they got BETTER as they got older then you disqualify your opinion from the start.

You calling me a retard is like Adolf Hitler calling Mother Theresa a serial killer, so I'll take the complement.

Even as they got older, Metallica weren't that good. Hated their early stuff, thought it was just thrash crap.

And anybody who likes Depeche Mode has no right calling anybody a retard...:cool:

Children, children....settle down, this isn't politics, or religion, it's just a music thread.

Children, children....settle down, this isn't politics, or religion, it's just a music thread.
but he is right about Depeche Mode.......:lol:

but he is right about Depeche Mode.......:lol:

Don't feed the fire, Harry :eusa_hand:

Again, this is what makes it clear as the day is long that you don't really have anything to add to this discussion. First, your outright ignorance regarding metallica's "better with age" crap and second with your opinion of DM. You canadians of Austrailia might want to develop a better taste in music before you say dumb shit in a thread about metal.

Again, this is what makes it clear as the day is long that you don't really have anything to add to this discussion. First, your outright ignorance regarding metallica's "better with age" crap and second with your opinion of DM. You canadians of Austrailia might want to develop a better taste in music before you say dumb shit in a thread about metal.

Hey! "dumb shit in a thread"! This thread is not "about metal".

a Metallica vs Iron Maiden tangent certainly is. Do you need the cliff notes or are you phonetically spelling out the words being used?

Anybody who thinks Metallica is better than Iron Maiden doesn't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to music. Iron Maiden = music. Metallica (especially their early stuf) = White Noise.

I repeat, anybody who even remotely likes Depeche Mode doesn't even have a right to read a music thread, let alone contribute to the discussion. Next thing you know, you'll be quoting Tiny Tim as the great lost icon of the 60s, or that the Monkees gave the Beatles a run for their money.

Stick with Jew-trolling Shoggie - at least you're good for something...

Anybody who thinks Metallica is better than Iron Maiden doesn't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to music. Iron Maiden = music. Metallica (especially their early stuf) = White Noise.

I repeat, anybody who even remotely likes Depeche Mode doesn't even have a right to read a music thread, let alone contribute to the discussion. Next thing you know, you'll be quoting Tiny Tim as the great lost icon of the 60s, or that the Monkees gave the Beatles a run for their money.

I think you're cuckoo.. Both old Metallica AND Maiden were extremely good. Metallica just stood the test of time better than Maiden, because unfortunately, they caved, and went for quantity over quality.

Depeche Mode? Eh. I actually like the remakes of some of their songs better than the DM originals. :D

I think you're cuckoo.. Both old Metallica AND Maiden were extremely good. Metallica just stood the test of time better than Maiden, because unfortunately, they caved, and went for quantity over quality.

Depeche Mode? Eh. I actually like the remakes of some of their songs better than the DM originals. :D

I was heavily into hard rock and some strands of metal from the ages of 16-22. In fact, my nickname in the police college (I was 21 when I joined) was Metler due to me blasting Iron Maiden, AC DC and G n R from my dorm room. Interesting, all the other recruits thought it was crap, until Friday nights when we got pissed (that's drunk to you Yanks) and then it was back to "Metler's dorm to crank up the sounds". Then I grew up..:tongue:
Bands I was into at that age (as well as the above) included Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, Sabbath, Zeppelin etc. Couldn't stand WASP, Motley Crue and all those big hair bands...

Again, your opinion of early metallica is what makes your input such a farce. If you think Ride the lightening is nothing but white noise then you really have no relevant input to add. It's hilarious to watch you even continue to make comments after posting something as summarily retarded as that.

And, I repeat, DM is a great band. Have a gander at our local poll. Hell, I can cite source after source suggesting the same. Do't blame me if you've conveyed two reasons why you wouldn't know good music from an excuses for toddler killing jews. If you think DM equates to Tiny Tim then.. well.. here.. let me laugh at you some more.

:rofl:

Stick with blaming toddler chunks post cast lead, dude. The mosad may value your arab hating judgment but I sure don't. Especially when it comes to music.

I was heavily into hard rock and some strands of metal from the ages of 16-22. In fact, my nickname in the police college (I was 21 when I joined) was Metler due to me blasting Iron Maiden, AC DC and G n R from my dorm room. Interesting, all the other recruits thought it was crap, until Friday nights when we got pissed (that's drunk to you Yanks) and then it was back to "Metler's dorm to crank up the sounds". Then I grew up..:tongue:
Bands I was into at that age (as well as the above) included Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, Sabbath, Zeppelin etc. Couldn't stand WASP, Motley Crue and all those big hair bands...

And this is where you convey just how stupid you are... So, YOU think Guns and fucking Roses was METAL, eh?

thats nothing short of awesome. And, not in a complimentary way.

THIN LIZZY? :lol: VAN HALEN?

you, sir, simply don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Espiecially if you call Motley Crue a HAIR BAND... but NOT Van Halen? As if a single member of Thin Lizzy had short fucking hair! And, I tellya.. NOTHING SAY METAL QUITE LIKE... uh... led zeppelin :cuckoo:

:lol:

hilarious.

:cool:

And this is where you convey just how stupid you are... So, YOU think Guns and fucking Roses was METAL, eh?

you, sir, simply don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Espiecially if you call Motley Crue a HAIR BAND... but NOT Van Halen? As if a single member of Thin Lizzy had short fucking hair! And, I tellya.. NOTHING SAY METAL QUITE LIKE... uh... led zeppelin :cuckoo:

hilarious.

Don't think Thin Lizzy is anything metal but the guitar solo in "the Cowboy Song" is one of the best.

Fuck no Thin Lizzy isn't metal.. but don't tell the jewish Axl that or he might dance around in his leopard skin spandex and say some more stupid shit.

hilarious.

You're so busy frothing at the mouth trying for the put down, you didn't read my post properly. I said "HARD ROCK and strands of metal" for a reason. And no, even though some consider Led Zep, along with Deep Purple, the original metal heads, I don't. However, I do consider them both in the hard rock category (and in the case of Zep, blues). Ditto Thin Lizzy (whose main man BTW, Phil Lynott DID have short hair - well compared to all the other hairy headed bands., so get your facts straight on that one Dorkus).
And no, I don't put Crue and WASP even in the same class as Van Halen, and if you do, that explains your stupidity over Metallica.

Haven't you got an oven to build, or a gas chamber to renovate?

way to backtrack, dr. hook!

poor guy... your jewish thresh hold must be pretty fragile these days if all it takes for you to scream jooo hating antisemite is for someone to school your goofy punk ass on the topic of music. But, your reflexive zionist reaction probably doesn't shock anyone this side of operation Toddler Kill.

way to backtrack, dr. hook!

poor guy... your jewish thresh hold must be pretty fragile these days if all it takes for you to scream jooo hating antisemite is for someone to school your goofy punk ass on the topic of music. But, your reflexive zionist reaction probably doesn't shock anyone this side of operation Toddler Kill.

Where's the back track? It's there in black and white Doofus...

You are right.. the outright stupidity of your input really is posted in black and white.

Forum List

Back