beatles
the dead
pearl jam
springsteen
dylan
greenday
coldplay
radiohead

and i agree with this dude's analysis....

Listology: 25 Most Overrated Bands of All Time

Point 7 on his list undermines the whole list:

7. Led Zeppelin - They had some good songs, but Zep II and IV were horrible.
That said, Stairway is overrated with the exception of the drumming and the guitar solo.

so if you have one bad opinion it invalidates all your opinions......

II and IV weren't all that great and the stairway to heaven album and that song suck.....

and i love zep....

nirvana
beatles
the dead
pearl jam
springsteen
dylan
greenday
coldplay
radiohead

That said, Stairway is overrated with the exception of the drumming and the guitar solo.

II and IV weren't all that great and the stairway to heaven album and that song suck.....

and i love zep....

Nah. Zep II horrible? Preposterous.

5. metallica
Never cared for them.
Nonsense, the king of head bangers.
3. guns n' roses
A tad over rated, but they were huge when they first hit.
Insanity. This band has a string of mega hits accross three decades.
1. pink floyd
Even more insane, PF set the standard for late 70s acid rock, and their materpiece, 'the wall' is one of the most accliamed albums in history.

U2 sucks the giant donkey meat.

Nirvana was (unfortunately) a product rather than artistic. I'd have hated to be on the mixing board during those sessions.

Bob Dylan.. Let's face it. He was the justin timberlake of mod to beatnik to hippy to rock folk music.

Metallica is awesome, and if you don't think so, then you don't know heavy metal or you haven't listened to Metallica. 80s Metallica, not sell-out Metallica (everything from and after the Black Album sucks).

Over-rated bands:
Nirvana
Creed
Matchbox 20
Counting Crows
Michael Jackson

If you don't like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, or the Grateful Dead, then move back to Siberia you commie pinko.

And if you love Top 40, then please contract flesh-eating staphylococcus and die a horrible death. Its basically the same thing as enjoying commercials, even the bad ones.

man, say what you will about how fucking wierd micheal jackson is but I'm willing to bet htat you either had, or wanted, one of those orange jackets back in the mid 80s...

he's got some good songs.. Hell, the entire thriller album is classic.

beatitpoly4.jpg

nirvana
beatles
the dead
pearl jam
springsteen
dylan
greenday
coldplay
radiohead

and i love zep....

IV is overhyped.. cant stand stairway.. but Zep II is a brutally strong album.... IMO

5. metallica
4. ac/dc
3. guns n' roses
2. u2
1. pink floyd

and there is much more where that came from.
I agree with AC/DC they only know they same three rips, but Slash was good but Guns on a whole is overrated. U2 I can't stand and you are very wrong about Pink Floyd.

Bullshit.

Angus is one of the best ever, and Slash would be the first guy to tell you that.

So, what bands are you folks claiming are not rated high enough?

Michael Jackson
Child loving weirdo fuck he is, but his music is not over rated.

There is a reason we was the king of pop before he lost his mind.

Except that he is the "self-proclaimed" King of Pop. He called himself that.

I admit, Thriller is awesome. But what else did MJ do that was so great that he is crowned King of Pop? I would think that Elvis Presley has a greater claim. Or Stevie Wonder. Or Fleetwood Mac. Or The Eagles. Or Aerosmith.

Bullshit.

Angus is one of the best ever, and Slash would be the first guy to tell you that.

I love Angus but all their songs sound the same. And I don't think Slash would agree with you.

Michael Jackson
Child loving weirdo fuck he is, but his music is not over rated.

There is a reason we was the king of pop before he lost his mind.

Except that he is the "self-proclaimed" King of Pop. He called himself that.

I admit, Thriller is awesome. But what else did MJ do that was so great that he is crowned King of Pop? I would think that Elvis Presley has a greater claim. Or Stevie Wonder. Or Fleetwood Mac. Or The Eagles. Or Aerosmith.
Look at the pop charts from the 70s through the 80s.

You forget he was also front child for the Jackson five, and many other artists did songs he wrote.

Bullshit.

I love Angus but all their songs sound the same. And I don't think Slash would agree with you.
And you'd be wrong, Slash has said in interviews one of the guys he admires is Angus.

Angus did some of the more amazing rifs in heavy mettle history, the only guy harder was eddie Van Halen back when VH had Diamond Dave.

I don't listen to much heavy music (at least on purpose :tongue:) so I don't really know about metallic or acdc but there is no way Floyd should be on the list. No way.

I've never liked u2 it doesn't sound like they're all playing the same song to me. :lol:

Forum List

Back