5.4 Million Join Disability Rolls Under Obama

aging baby boomers.

You dont have access to peoples medical records so saying they are perfectly capable of working is nothing but a fucking lie

Idiot the people I speak of are in their 20s, 30s, 40s Not old people.

And again, you don't have access to their medical records.

Here's the reality. The American with Disabilities Act was a well intentioned bit of legislation signed by George H. Bush. But it actually had the effect of making people with disabilities less employable by making it easier for them to sue their employers.

So not surprisingly, they become harder to employ.

I personally know probably 10 people collecting disability that are perfectly able to work

A record 5.4 million workers and their dependents have signed up to collect federal disability checks since President Obama took office, according to the latest official government data, as discouraged workers increasingly give up looking for jobs and take advantage of the federal program

But the big factor in the recent surge is the slow pace of the economic recovery after the severe recession. That has kept the unemployment rate above 8% and created an enormous pool of long-term unemployed and discouraged workers. More than 5 million people have been jobless for 27 weeks or more, nearly twice the previous high set in 1983, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Disabled America: 5.4 Million Join Social Security Disability Insurance Rolls Under Obama - Investors.com

I am sure you did your duty as an American and went down and reported them?

I personally know probably 10 people collecting disability that are perfectly able to work

A record 5.4 million workers and their dependents have signed up to collect federal disability checks since President Obama took office, according to the latest official government data, as discouraged workers increasingly give up looking for jobs and take advantage of the federal program

But the big factor in the recent surge is the slow pace of the economic recovery after the severe recession. That has kept the unemployment rate above 8% and created an enormous pool of long-term unemployed and discouraged workers. More than 5 million people have been jobless for 27 weeks or more, nearly twice the previous high set in 1983, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Disabled America: 5.4 Million Join Social Security Disability Insurance Rolls Under Obama - Investors.com

I am sure you did your duty as an American and went down and reported them?

:badgrin:

I said nothing about slavery, but you go ahead and run with your falsehoods and insults if it makes you feel better.

you deny people who are not fee are held in the shackles of slavery? really? :lol:

I said nothing about slavery.
Please don't put words into my posts or my mouth.
Your dis-honesty shows when you do that.

I never put words into your mouth. The opposite of freedom is slavery, no?

your ability to discover motive and intent here of those you disagree with ideologically on other matters clouds your judgement and makes you look like a wingnut whack-a-doodle-doo.

Why?

Because you deny and ignore one fundamental law of human nature and do-good-ism - well meaning people do awful things. just take eugenics as one example, defense of slavery as another, or a host of other issues progressives take hold of. yes a defense of slavery was the concern over what slaves would do once freed from the dependency of benign owners....that was a very conservative progressivism.

see? conservatives are progressives too. :lol:

class over
That would be what you did :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

So, now that you've decided what box I live in, please tell us what box you live in.

Box? Did you not comment on other people's motives and intent? Maybe I am i n error. Please, tell me you do no go to intent and motive of people you disagree with?

so? Work how and how often and steadily? gawd, why not just go back to blind people pushing pencils on the street corners?

geeeeeesh!

I know one person who went to the psychologist and acted like he was a nut job, it worked now he disable. You should try it maybe you can get some government cash as well

so? Work how and how often and steadily? gawd, why not just go back to blind people pushing pencils on the street corners?

geeeeeesh!

I know one person who went to the psychologist and acted like he was a nut job, it worked now he disable. You should try it maybe you can get some government cash as well

someone defrauds the system and you want to scrap it all? I know a crooked cop. lets get rid of the police dept.

gawd, you're dumb

Social Security’s disability fund will go broke in 5 years

New congressional estimates show that the account that Social Security disability checks are drawn from will be insolvent by 2017 without intervention, the Associated Press reported.

Applications for assistance from the already financially strained program are up 50 percent over the last decade, and cash is dwindling as demand far exceeds supply. When disabled people are laid off and can’t find a new job — an increasingly common scenario — they lean even more heavily on the fund.

Social Security’s larger retirement fund is set to run out about 20 years after the disability money runs out, according to the same congressional estimates. The combined funds will run out in 2038, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Social Security’s disability fund will go broke in 5 years | The Raw Story

Social Security’s disability fund will go broke in 5 years

New congressional estimates show that the account that Social Security disability checks are drawn from will be insolvent by 2017 without intervention, the Associated Press reported.

Applications for assistance from the already financially strained program are up 50 percent over the last decade, and cash is dwindling as demand far exceeds supply. When disabled people are laid off and can’t find a new job — an increasingly common scenario — they lean even more heavily on the fund.

Social Security’s larger retirement fund is set to run out about 20 years after the disability money runs out, according to the same congressional estimates. The combined funds will run out in 2038, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
Social Security’s disability fund will go broke in 5 years | The Raw Story

Bah!!
We'll just borrow more money from China

Anyone think about the aging baby boomers might be contributing to the increase in disability pensions?
Disabled Iraq/Afganistan vets?

Anyone think about the aging baby boomers might be contributing to the increase in disability pensions?

How many of the 5.4 million who started recieving SSI disability benefits since Obama took office do you think are disabled vets?

How many of the 5.4 million who started recieving SSI disability benefits since Obama took office do you think are disabled vets?

too many. we all know vets scam the system in greater numbers than any other group. vets include every group including illegal aliens

too many. we all know vets scam the system in greater numbers than any other group. vets include every group including illegal aliens

Well that was brainless:cuckoo:

Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD or SSDI) is a payroll tax-funded, federal insurance program of the United States government. It is not welfare.

To get SSDI you have to go through rigorous inspection and examinations. Only a doctor can give you a real medical reason to receive SSDI. Plus they check your finances and crimminal bagrouns and see if you have a problem with drug or alcohol abuse.

To get SSDI you have to go through rigorous inspection and examinations. Only a doctor can give you a real medical reason to receive SSDI. Plus they check your finances and crimminal bagrouns and see if you have a problem with drug or alcohol abuse.

It isn't working because there is massive fraud as we see with the massive increase of recipients people who need disability should get people who don't? And receive it should be in Jail

This is a trend Obama loves! These are people that fall out of the workforce and hence are considered EMPLOYED for the Faux unemployment calculations. The Dimocrats also get more dependents, much like the welfare babies, these nondisabled people on SS disability become loyal Dimocrat voters!

Forum List

Back