5.4 Million Join Disability Rolls Under Obama

You had NO reason to think that poster thought old people were disabled for just being old.

You tried to make it look like he was saying that and you know it

Chris made a statement. I asked a question for clarification.
You made a statement about me and couched it with a question mark in order to pretend it wasn't a statement. You are the one that did exactly what you are falsely accusing me of doing.
Your dis-honesty is showing as is your lack of internet clairvoyance.
But go ahead, keep lying to yourself if that makes you feel better.

Why does the left champion the single parent household, now that you are beginning to understand the results.

They don't promote it or champion it, they just don't look down on single parents and they don't make a habit of attacking single moms like the right.

Actually, it is the left that looks down on single parents.
They think single parents can't succeed without government assistance or some sort of helping hand to get them by. They think single parents are incapable of taking care of themselves. That is the attack by the left, but disguised as empathy. the truth is, the left thinks single parents are too stupid, too incompetent and too lazy to take care of their own family and they think it is up to them to rescue the single parent.
That, my friend, is looking down on somebody.

...t is the left that looks down on single parents.
They think single parents can't succeed without government assistance or some sort of helping hand to get them by...

wingnutty delusion on display. anytime the government helps people it's called slavery but let people rot in life and it's called freedom

Why does the left champion the single parent household, now that you are beginning to understand the results.

They don't promote it or champion it, they just don't look down on single parents and they don't make a habit of attacking single moms like the right.

They think single parents can't succeed without government assistance or some sort of helping hand to get them by. They think single parents are incapable of taking care of themselves. That is the attack by the left, but disguised as empathy. the truth is, the left thinks single parents are too stupid, too incompetent and too lazy to take care of their own family and they think it is up to them to rescue the single parent.

Yeah, that's it. :lol:

I am a single parent, and I used to help to get farther in life. I lost my job, and was able to to get training while I was out of work so I could move in the field I was already in. I now do not need any government assistance.

I am a single parent, and I used to help to get farther in life. I lost my job, and was able to to get training while I was out of work so I could move in the field I was already in. I now do not need any government assistance.
I was single parent also.
But,
I was a single father, not a single mother, I guess that is somehow different.
My point still stands, the left thinks single parents need assistance, that is looking down on them and thinking lesser of them.

They think single parents can't succeed without government assistance or some sort of helping hand to get them by...

wingnutty delusion on display. anytime the government helps people it's called slavery but let people rot in life and it's called freedom

I said nothing about slavery, but you go ahead and run with your falsehoods and insults if it makes you feel better.

I was single parent also.
But,
I was a single father, not a single mother, I guess that is somehow different.
My point still stands, the left thinks single parents need assistance, that is looking down on them and thinking lesser of them.

your ability to discover motive and intent here of those you disagree with ideologically on other matters clouds your judgement and makes you look like a wingnut whack-a-doodle-doo.

Why?

Because you deny and ignore one fundamental law of human nature and do-good-ism - well meaning people do awful things. just take eugenics as one example, defense of slavery as another, or a host of other issues progressives take hold of. yes a defense of slavery was the concern over what slaves would do once freed from the dependency of benign owners....that was a very conservative progressivism.

see? conservatives are progressives too. :lol:

class over

I said nothing about slavery, but you go ahead and run with your falsehoods and insults if it makes you feel better.

you deny people who are not fee are held in the shackles of slavery? really? :lol:

The population is getting older.

No surprise that there would be more disabled people and more people retiring.

Thanks for reminding us.

With all due respect, Chris? An increase of 54% in the last decade CANNOT be attributed to an aging population. Yes, there are more people retiring and yes there are more disabled people because of the Baby Boomers but an increase that large doesn't jibe with what you're saying.

I know that as one of Barry's chief apologists here you'd like to THINK it's all about the population getting older but it's quite obvious that there is something else involved here. People who have been out of work for a long period, are doing whatever they can to stay solvent and that includes seeking disability if they think they can get it. If you add those numbers of desperate people to the unemployed and the underemployed yet get a better snapshot of the state of our economy after 3 years of Barack Obama and progressive policy and it's NOT pretty.

They need the medical records to get it.

quit smearing disabled people
you are so fucking brain washed by the left propaganda its scary

you deny people who are not fee are held in the shackles of slavery? really? :lol:

I said nothing about slavery.
Please don't put words into my posts or my mouth.
Your dis-honesty shows when you do that.

your ability to discover motive and intent here of those you disagree with ideologically on other matters clouds your judgement and makes you look like a wingnut whack-a-doodle-doo.

Why?

Because you deny and ignore one fundamental law of human nature and do-good-ism - well meaning people do awful things. just take eugenics as one example, defense of slavery as another, or a host of other issues progressives take hold of. yes a defense of slavery was the concern over what slaves would do once freed from the dependency of benign owners....that was a very conservative progressivism.

see? conservatives are progressives too. :lol:

class over
That would be what you did :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

So, now that you've decided what box I live in, please tell us what box you live in.

I'm sure Republicans defending education has nothing to do with hiring. Everyone knows companies love to hire uneducated people and with the Republicans, there is an endless supply.

I'm sure Republicans defending education has nothing to do with hiring. Everyone knows companies love to hire uneducated people and with the Republicans, there is an endless supply.

You must be uneducated, thus making it difficult for you to understand the OP.

I personally know probably 10 people collecting disability that are perfectly able to work.

You know this because you’re a physician, an attorney with disability applicants as clients, or you work for the SSA and know disability policy.

Otherwise you’ll understand if we disregard your subjective, antidotal ‘evidence.’

The main causes of this broader trend, according to a study by economists David Autor and Mark Duggan, are the loosening of eligibility rules by Congress in 1984, the rise in disability benefits relative to wages, and the fact that more women have entered the workforce, making them eligible for disability.

All factors occurring well before Obama became president.

As the Congressional Budget Office explained : "When opportunities for employment are plentiful, some people who could quality for (disability insurance) benefits find working more attractive ... when employment opportunities are scarce, some of these people participate in the DI program instead."

In either case, those who apply for SSI/SSDI when employment opportunities are scarce are still eligible for the program, it doesn’t constitute ‘fraud.’

The OP either failed to read the article he linked or failed to comprehend it.

I personally know probably 10 people collecting disability that are perfectly able to work.

You know this because you’re a physician, an attorney with disability applicants as clients, or you work for the SSA and know disability policy.

Otherwise you’ll understand if we disregard your subjective, antidotal ‘evidence.’

I know because they told me idiot...try to keep up

The population is getting older.

No surprise that there would be more disabled people and more people retiring.

Thanks for reminding us.

With all due respect, Chris? An increase of 54% in the last decade CANNOT be attributed to an aging population. Yes, there are more people retiring and yes there are more disabled people because of the Baby Boomers but an increase that large doesn't jibe with what you're saying.

I know that as one of Barry's chief apologists here you'd like to THINK it's all about the population getting older but it's quite obvious that there is something else involved here. People who have been out of work for a long period, are doing whatever they can to stay solvent and that includes seeking disability if they think they can get it. If you add those numbers of desperate people to the unemployed and the underemployed yet get a better snapshot of the state of our economy after 3 years of Barack Obama and progressive policy and it's NOT pretty.

They need the medical records to get it.

quit smearing disabled people

I'm not "smearing" anyone...I'm simply pointing out that there are huge numbers of people in this country who have been out of work for extended periods of time who are no longer elegible for unemployment compensation...have burned up their life's savings and are now desperate. There are people applying for disablility NOW that would never have done so before and are only doing so now because the lack of jobs has left them no choice.

Forum List

Back