4th Generation

pegwinn

Top of the Food Chain
Apr 17, 2004
Texas
Hey Y'all. Gonna miss everyone but I leave in about 6 hours to drive from Texas to SC to watch my daughter graduate from Parris Island and become a Marine.

Grandad, US MARINES 1918-1921
Dad USAAF / USAF 1942-1972
Me USMC 1982-2003
Andrea USMC (This friday to ????)

Gas to SC about 200 bux
Driving time about 19 hrs
Watching my baby girl stand up and be counted: Priceless.

See y'all in about a week

Phil

Congrats to your daughter and a big thanks to your family for their service to the country.

Have a safe trip!

Looking forward to hearing from you in a week.

WOW!

My youngest son's best friend joined just days before 9/11; at the age of 17 with his parents permission. He is now at Camp David. I'm proud of Keith. And I'm proud of your daughter. And all the others that are serving our country.

Congrats!

Me - US Army 1985 - 1992 (Gulf War I)
Dad - US Army 1950 - 1953 (disabled in Korean War)
GD - US Army 1918 - 1920 (WWI)
GGD - US Army 1863 - 1865 (Civil War and Andersonville POW)

I had 11 uncles serve in WWII. All made is home believe it or not. I was just visiting one of them (he is now 85) and he was sharing his stories with me. Soldiers today cannot imagine being gone for two years to a combat zone and of that two years, spending 511 days in combat.

Well, unfortunately, it looks like some of our soldiers might be experiencing that now more than any time since WWII.

Back safe and sound. PFC Gwinn and MSgt Gwinn are comparing Boot Camp Stories. To everyone who expressed congrats and good wishes, thanks. To those who mentioned they served, thanks again.

Forum List

Back