49 Years ago today, JFK Assasination

I remember it well. I was in 3rd grade, my teacher, Mrs Fitzgerald, came in the room crying, told us something bad happened to President Kennedy and released us from school.

I've recently started looking back on those events and cant help thinking when I see a pic of him that day, smiling, waving.......DONT GO IN THAT CAR !

I saw JFK in a motorcade in Buffalo, 1962. Dad had me on his shoulders to see his convertible pass by in a motorcade. Strange knowing thats how he died.

May JFK rest in peace!

I am among the shrinking group of citizens who remembers that horrible day. In my opinion, it was much worse than 9/11 because it was a turning point in American history for the worse. The impact on our nation's policies and the direction this country began heading has lead us to the situations we face today.

I have come to believe that when historians in the distant future record the rise and fall of the American experiment, November 22, 1963 will be the zenith.

President Kennedy was headed to the Dallas Trade Mart for a luncheon. The speech he had written for that event ended in this profound way:

"We in this country, in this generation, are -- by destiny rather than choice -- the watchmen on the walls of world freedom. We ask, therefore, that we may be worthy of our power and responsibility, that we may exercise our strength with wisdom and restraint, and that we may achieve in our time and for all time the ancient vision of "peace on earth, good will toward men." That must always be our goal, and the righteousness of our cause must always underlie our strength. For as was written long ago: "except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain"

The speech never given...Remarks Prepared for Delivery at the Trade Mart in Dallas, November 22, 1963

His written words were not delivered on that tragic day in American history but they live on for all time. Especially thought provoking is JFK's concluding sacred scripture reading, 'except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain', from "Psalm 127, A Song of Ascents of Solomon." These were literally his last words to us and future generations. The prophetic biblical meaning was embraced by President Kennedy as a strong message to America and to our country's leadership, "Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain (NIV, 1984)." ref

JFK_blog_main_horizontal.jpg

I was in 8th grade at the time. It was an Indian summer kind of sunny day

Mr. Bomart announced that President Kennedy was shot.

We were released from school early.

I didn't really understand the significance of it.

I concur with the theory that future historians will mark that day as the day that the music died in America.

I still wonder who-all were involved in his assassination.

I do not believe the official record.

I was in high school. We were sent home. Spent the weekend glued to ancient black&white TVs. We couldn't believe it when Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald. We saw him do it and many of us never got hooked into conspiracy theories.

Well--I am hooked on the Seinfeld episode--'The Lone Spitter'--parody of grassy knoll conspiracy theories.

I was in high school. We were sent home. Spent the weekend glued to ancient black&white TVs. We couldn't believe it when Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald. We saw him do it and many of us never got hooked into conspiracy theories.

Well--I am hooked on the Seinfeld episode--'The Lone Spitter'--parody of grassy knoll conspiracy theories.

We know a lot more now, then we knew then. But the truth is still being suppressed. It should cause citizens to question, not accept.

May JFK rest in peace!

I am among the shrinking group of citizens who remembers that horrible day. In my opinion, it was much worse than 9/11 because it was a turning point in American history for the worse. The impact on our nation's policies and the direction this country began heading has lead us to the situations we face today.

I have come to believe that when historians in the distant future record the rise and fall of the American experiment, November 22, 1963 will be the zenith.

That is about 1,000,000,000 miles beyond absurd.

May JFK rest in peace!

Your usual emote without any substance.

Substance? Are you going to 'prove' your silly little hero-worshipping theory? Good luck.

No innocent person, whether president or ditch digger, deserves to be murdered by some scumbag as he drives down the street. That having been said: JFK was a dishonest, disloyal person from a corrupt family, and a so-so president at best. Just because you got the original tingle up your leg over him because he didn't look like the usual Munster politician of his day doesn't mean he accomplished anything more than he actually did. The assassination of any US president is a grave and significant event for obvious reasons, but as far as ripples in the surface of time go, that was not one of lasting effect beyond the very understandable emotional reaction of citizens who had invested so much hope and expectation in a man who turned out to be far less than people wanted to believe he was (a tendency among some that clearly has not abated).

I was in 8th grade at the time. It was an Indian summer kind of sunny day

Mr. Bomart announced that President Kennedy was shot.

We were released from school early.

I didn't really understand the significance of it.

I concur with the theory that future historians will mark that day as the day that the music died in America.

I still wonder who-all were involved in his assassination.

I do not believe the official record.
I was a sophomore in high school when he was murdered, and I also have problems with Lyndon's white-wash.

This is where I would start any investigation of possible motives for the MADness:

"The Cuban missile crisis—known as the October crisis in Cuba and the Caribbean crisis (Russian: Kарибский кризис, tr. Karibskiy krizis) in the USSR—was a 13-day confrontation between the Soviet Union and Cuba on one side, and the United States on the other, in October 1962.

"It is one of the major confrontations of the Cold War, and is generally regarded as the moment in which the Cold War came closest to turning into a nuclear conflict.[2] It is also the first documented instance of the threat of mutual assured destruction (MAD) being discussed as a determining factor in a major international arms agreement."

Cuban missile crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was in 3rd grade too, my sister in 6th....it was her birthday!
I remember the same thing, our teacher crying and sending us home.....
I don't remember if my sister ever got to celebrate her birthday that year! :)

Substance? Are you going to 'prove' your silly little hero-worshipping theory? Good luck.

No innocent person, whether president or ditch digger, deserves to be murdered by some scumbag as he drives down the street. That having been said: JFK was a dishonest, disloyal person from a corrupt family, and a so-so president at best. Just because you got the original tingle up your leg over him because he didn't look like the usual Munster politician of his day doesn't mean he accomplished anything more than he actually did. The assassination of any US president is a grave and significant event for obvious reasons, but as far as ripples in the surface of time go, that was not one of lasting effect beyond the very understandable emotional reaction of citizens who had invested so much hope and expectation in a man who turned out to be far less than people wanted to believe he was (a tendency among some that clearly has not abated).

That's it...double down. What next? Right wing lies that old man Kennedy was a bootlegger?

How about this. Without a coup d'état on November 22, 1963, there are two wars that never happen (Vietnam and drugs), 60,000 young Americans are alive and able to live out their dreams, no conservative era materializes...no Nixon, no Reagan, no massive debt.

That's it...double down. What next? Right wing lies that old man Kennedy was a bootlegger?

How about this. Without a coup d'état on November 22, 1963, there are two wars that never happen (Vietnam and drugs), 60,000 young Americans are alive and able to live out their dreams, no conservative era materializes...no Nixon, no Reagan, no massive debt.

Not only that, but through the Silver Certificate the Feds grip on the dollar is destroyed and America's money is backed by something more than wishful thinking.

We know a lot more now, then we knew then. But the truth is still being suppressed. It should cause citizens to question, not accept.

We have so much more to question in the 'suppression of truth area'--now. Thanks to CNN--they have shown RFK and other related bio-documentaries about 1,000 x since October. Anyone with spare time can delve into JFK.

I was so young, too young to vote--it sounded great ---young president, beautiful wife and two young children---'Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country'???a Dem. Dems today seem to believe, 'The government is the only thing we all belong to and You Didn't Build It?' So I was satisfied with being a Southern Dem until the 80's--didn't make a radical switch, gradual.

Personally couldn't stand the 80's--the hairstyles, the shoulder pads and eternal discussions of empowerment for women/glass ceilling. Didn't matter to me I was in an industry 'run by women for a long time'/2nd oldest profession, etc. Of course in this industry the work was actually done by women and men at the top had total control. Then some men/women began to be placed in positions of power, near the top---eventually at the top--like in the days of WW2, when all the men, most of the men were away fighting a war.

The Power--to diplomatically reason with a child. 'You need to calm down, you need to sit down', etc. More power than I wanted.

i went off topic--sorry about that--just not interested in a conspiracy theory about JFK. The Kennedys--yes, Irish. Not welcome in WASP country clubs, etc. They started their own.

Joseph Kennedy, ambassador. Strict with the boys---athletes and leaders, all of them. They played football on Thanksgiving and probably anytime they all got together? I think so.

We have so much more to question in the 'suppression of truth area'--now. Thanks to CNN--they have shown RFK and other related bio-documentaries about 1,000 x since October. Anyone with spare time can delve into JFK.

I was so young, too young to vote--it sounded great ---young president, beautiful wife and two young children---'Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country'???a Dem. Dems today seem to believe, 'The government is the only thing we all belong to and You Didn't Build It?' So I was satisfied with being a Southern Dem until the 80's--didn't make a radical switch, gradual.

Personally couldn't stand the 80's--the hairstyles, the shoulder pads and eternal discussions of empowerment for women/glass ceilling. Didn't matter to me I was in an industry 'run by women for a long time'/2nd oldest profession, etc. Of course in this industry the work was actually done by women and men at the top had total control. Then some men/women began to be placed in positions of power, near the top---eventually at the top--like in the days of WW2, when all the men, most of the men were away fighting a war.

The Power--to diplomatically reason with a child. 'You need to calm down, you need to sit down', etc. More power than I wanted.

i went off topic--sorry about that--just not interested in a conspiracy theory about JFK. The Kennedys--yes, Irish. Not welcome in WASP country clubs, etc. They started their own.

Joseph Kennedy, ambassador. Strict with the boys---athletes and leaders, all of them. They played football on Thanksgiving and probably anytime they all got together? I think so.

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

You don't really expect anyone to take your swooning bobby-soxer speculations seriously, do you? Playing 'what if' does not impact reality in any way, Dr. Brown.

We have so much more to question in the 'suppression of truth area'--now. Thanks to CNN--they have shown RFK and other related bio-documentaries about 1,000 x since October. QUOTE]

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

I am confident that 'a few good men' are working 24/7 on such matters. Perhaps forsaking the turkey, etc for investigative priorities. Turkey sandwiches on the way. And pecan pie. That is what is important today.

You don't really expect anyone to take your swooning bobby-soxer speculations seriously, do you? Playing 'what if' does not impact reality in any way, Dr. Brown.

The only thing I don't expect is for unintelligent people to be able to engage in intelligent thought.

So your only avenue is the one you've chosen. You are totally unable to discuss the matter in anything but a childish manner.

I am supremely confident you will continue to prove me right.

"That strength will never be used in pursuit of aggressive ambitions--it will always be used in pursuit of peace. It will never be used to promote provocations--it will always be used to promote the peaceful settlement of disputes.

We in this country, in this generation, are -- by destiny rather than choice -- the watchmen on the walls of world freedom. We ask, therefore, that we may be worthy of our power and responsibility, that we may exercise our strength with wisdom and restraint, and that we may achieve in our time and for all time the ancient vision of "peace on earth, good will toward men." That must always be our goal, and the righteousness of our cause must always underlie our strength. For as was written long ago: "except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain"

. . . but he didn't get a chance to say those things. They killed him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmcWAaCtgI]Vietnam War - Music Video HD - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back