49 R's, 48 D's, 2 I's: Democrat Majority?

No. The Independants choose a side with which to caucus so that they can get leadership positions, be assigned to committees, etc. Both of the current Independants, unless there is some huge surprise, will caucus with the Ds thus giving them the majority.
A few years back in NC we had a RINO switch over to the Dems to break a tie in the NC Senate. If Lieberman was to do this it would be not be as shocking.

A few years back in NC we had a RINO switch over to the Dems to break a tie in the NC Senate. If Lieberman was to do this it would be not be as shocking.

I would be rather shocked. Dude has been D forever and is quite liberal, except for on the war. I'm not saying I would mind if he did, only that I'd be quite shocked.

I would be rather shocked. Dude has been D forever and is quite liberal, except for on the war. I'm not saying I would mind if he did, only that I'd be quite shocked.

He's liberal except for on the war. Not a bit, he's left of center. I respect him for his stance on the war.

He could do it due to that one issue, especially since the Dems kicked his can because of it. It would make sense for him to do it because of the importance that he sees in it- much more that some liberal domestic agenda. Besides, we do have a few liberal republicans. Frankly, I don't think he has the intestinal fortitude, but I would love to see the fireworks should that happen.

He could do it due to that one issue, especially since the Dems kicked his can because of it. It would make sense for him to do it because of the importance that he sees in it- much more that some liberal domestic agenda. Besides, we do have a few liberal republicans. Frankly, I don't think he has the intestinal fortitude, but I would love to see the fireworks should that happen.

It would rock if he did that. But what likely would happen is one of the lib Rs would just move over to make the balance D heavy again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back