49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit

Let me get this straight, FICA taxes have been confiscated from our paychecks all our lives and spent by the federal government. Now Social Security is considered to be a federal "benefit"? Here's your benefit, give me back every dime I ever paid in FICA taxes in one lump sum with a moderate interest rate and shove your benefits where the sun don't shine.

Yes it's a benefit that people pay into just like a 401 k is, or employee's insurance. Not all benefit's are freebi's

Are you saying obama hasn't lower the requirements for government food stamps?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. He didn't lower any requirements.

Don't believe everything you hear.

Perhaps because of the economy? High unemployment?

More Americans are getting food stamps because more Americans need food stamps.

There have been no changes in the requirements for food stamps.

It was made by someone on the left here defending obama because the food stamp numbers went up. So now you are saying liberals lie?

Do you understand what the word 'hearsay' means? Do you understand why it has no standing in court?

Bluntly, you are like Newtie. You hear what you want to hear, not what others say.

We just missed having the Second Great Republican Depression. Even so, there are millions of men and women with no jobs, and there are not that many jobs to be had. McDonalds had their famous 50,000 hiring spree. And over a million applied for minimum wage jobs. That is how desperate things are in America. Thank to you 'Conservatives'.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. He didn't lower any requirements.

Perhaps because of the economy? High unemployment?

More Americans are getting food stamps because more Americans need food stamps.

There have been no changes in the requirements for food stamps.

It was made by someone on the left here defending obama because the food stamp numbers went up. So now you are saying liberals lie?

Do you understand what the word 'hearsay' means? Do you understand why it has no standing in court?

Bluntly, you are like Newtie. You hear what you want to hear, not what others say.

We just missed having the Second Great Republican Depression. Even so, there are millions of men and women with no jobs, and there are not that many jobs to be had. McDonalds had their famous 50,000 hiring spree. And over a million applied for minimum wage jobs. That is how desperate things are in America. Thank to you 'Conservatives'.

Do you understand obama is a failure? Or can't you get past 2008?

He can't get past AGW is a Hoax...how is he supposed to get past obama beliving the lie and imposing it based on a lie?

;)

He can't get past AGW is a Hoax...how is he supposed to get past obama beliving the lie and imposing it based on a lie?

;)

Beats the shit out of me.

I am glad to live in a country that helps the old, the sick, and the poor.

I am not glad to live in a country that give welfare to the wealthy.

Well there's an unbiased site.

As I pointed out earlier, one of the biggest increases is Social Security. No matter who was president, the same Baby Boomers who retired under Obama, would have still retired if someone else was prez, so the dollar amount would have been the same exact number.

Using that example, makes me question the entire piece because the OP's linked article was easily proven to be intellectually dishonest. It didn't even take me a second to have that bulb light up regarding retiring Baby Boomers. So I checked it out, between 2002 and 2011, the amount of people on Social Security increased by almost 18%. Funny how the largest block of retirees in history, wasn't mentioned in the article.

Right sure and obama is the greatest dictator of all times. I got it.

Look, if I would end up voting for Obama, America's economy would have to have made huge turn around.
When an article is posted and and the author of the article is clearly biased and then his stated "facts" are not really honestly presented facts as they apply to his charge, I discount the creditability of the author. That holds true to both sides of the aisle.
My job is strategic planning and I objectively study demographic data all the time,it's what I do for a living. That's why I knew the author used in the OP was distorting reality to make his point..

Well there's an unbiased site.

As I pointed out earlier, one of the biggest increases is Social Security. No matter who was president, the same Baby Boomers who retired under Obama, would have still retired if someone else was prez, so the dollar amount would have been the same exact number.

Using that example, makes me question the entire piece because the OP's linked article was easily proven to be intellectually dishonest. It didn't even take me a second to have that bulb light up regarding retiring Baby Boomers. So I checked it out, between 2002 and 2011, the amount of people on Social Security increased by almost 18%. Funny how the largest block of retirees in history, wasn't mentioned in the article.

Look, if I would end up voting for Obama, America's economy would have to have made huge turn around.
When an article is posted and and the author of the article is clearly biased and then his stated "facts" are not really honestly presented facts as they apply to his charge, I discount the creditability of the author. That holds true to both sides of the aisle.
My job is strategic planning and I objectively study demographic data all the time,it's what I do for a living. That's why I knew the author used in the OP was distorting reality to make his point..
Biased or what ever you term you want to use it's still the truth.

It's true to a point. All those numbers would have gone up anyway no matter who was prez! It was trending that way anyway. Look at the number of people on Food Stamps after the very mild recession we had in 2001, the number of participants with Food Stamps barely budged after the recovery and with the second biggest economic downturn in US history, plus the fact that wages didn't keep up with inflation, the numbers were guaranteed to go up anyway. How many jobs didn't come back after the recession of 2001? American companies created just a little more jobs domestically than they did creating jobs offshore after 2001.

And be sure, I don't like it either.

It's true to a point. All those numbers would have gone up anyway no matter who was prez! It was trending that way anyway. Look at the number of people on Food Stamps after the very mild recession we had in 2001, the number of participants with Food Stamps barely budged after the recovery and with the second biggest economic downturn in US history, plus the fact that wages didn't keep up with inflation, the numbers were guaranteed to go up anyway. How many jobs didn't come back after the recession of 2001? American companies created just a little more jobs domestically than they did creating jobs offshore after 2001.

Don't go there,with "those numbers would have went up". Those numbers are still going up It's about time for obama to man it and accept some of the blame.

Don't go there,with "those numbers would have went up". Those numbers are still going up It's about time for obama to man it and accept some of the blame.

Of course Obama and his policies should share part of the blame, but prove me wrong that the numbers wouldn't of gone up anyway. Look at the trends and consider the magnitude of the last recession.
Also, the private sector basically abandoned the US after the recession of 2001. They started to go all out for outsourcing jobs overseas and they are still doing it. It's all about the bottomline and cheap labor. And the private sector started doing it under one of the most business-friendly presidents ever!

Of course Obama and his policies should share part of the blame, but prove me wrong that the numbers wouldn't of gone up anyway. Look at the trends and consider the magnitude of the last recession.
Also, the private sector basically abandoned the US after the recession of 2001. They started to go all out for outsourcing jobs overseas and they are still doing it. It's all about the bottomline and cheap labor. And the private sector started doing it under one of the most business-friendly presidents ever!

Of course Obama and his policies should share part of the blame, but prove me wrong that the numbers wouldn't of gone up anyway.

There is no way to prove it either way, but the fact remains things are worse now than they were last year, (yes I know someone will say yes they have) and obama is president. Has been for 3 years and the democrats have been in control of the senate since 2007 and they were in control of the house until 2011.

There may have been more democrats there, but they were NOT in control. EVERY bill they introduced was threatened with or acted on by far-right filibusters.

Forum List

Back