48%...

48% Approval??

Holy crap! How is Obama ever going to recover from a 48% approval rating? The only one in a similar situation was the Great Ronald Reagan (all bow please) who also entered office in a recession.
Poor Ronnie saw his approval drop to 35% two years into his first term.

Polls can affect president's hold on party - USATODAY.com

Really starting to look hopeless for Obama. Lucky for Ron Reagan the best the Democrats could muster to run against him for his second term was Walter "Wheres the beef?" Mondale.

Who again are the Republicans looking to run in 2012?

I'd say Pawlenty and Romney are relatively mainstream, and that's exactly why they won't win the nomination.

Romney's best chance is that Huckabee and Palin get in and get into a fairly evenly matched fight for the rightwing vote, split it, and Romney gets the rest.

Romney will get thrown to the wingnut wolves as soon as his candidacy takes hold. Palin and Limbaugh fear-mongering will make Romney look like Teddy Kennedy

I mean, he did say he's better on gay rights. ;)

I'd say Pawlenty and Romney are relatively mainstream, and that's exactly why they won't win the nomination.

Romney's best chance is that Huckabee and Palin get in and get into a fairly evenly matched fight for the rightwing vote, split it, and Romney gets the rest.

Romney will get thrown to the wingnut wolves as soon as his candidacy takes hold. Palin and Limbaugh fear-mongering will make Romney look like Teddy Kennedy

Hey, maybe they'll ressurrect the ex-successor to Fred Thompson...

...Bobby Jindal!!

Dread the Bobby!!

I think the moderates are going to just have to turn the radical right loose and say, "OK, you run this one."

Only when they lose 66% to 33% will they be forced to admit that the "problem" with the GOP is NOT the center.

Forum List

Back