48 people killed in less than a month

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
OK, fellows, we have a problem. Another couple of months like that, and you will see some pretty strict gun control laws. Laws approved of by the majority of the people of the nation.

So you really need to come up with some answers other than foaming at the mouth rants about your freedoms.

Jeez three thousand people died in one day and what do you want to do about that? Nada! Quit with the fear mongering already.. Hypocrite!

OK, fellows, we have a problem. Another couple of months like that, and you will see some pretty strict gun control laws. Laws approved of by the majority of the people of the nation.

So you really need to come up with some answers other than foaming at the mouth rants about your freedoms.

Wrong as usual. You want a war, let THIS administration try to make ignorant gun laws.

Germany already has strict gun control laws!

Jeez three thousand people died in one day and what do you want to do about that? Nada! Quit with the fear mongering already.. Hypocrite!

which has nothing whatsoever to do with what he said.....

unless of course you think a gun stops a terrorist attack.

One in the cockpit of each of those planes would have done so very effectively.

If you don't see the relevance of the comparison, by the way, you're probably the only one who doesn't.

If it's the guns that kill folks, is it pencils that are responsible for spelling errors?

One in the cockpit of each of those planes would have done so very effectively.

If you don't see the relevance of the comparison, by the way, you're probably the only one who doesn't.

using old rock for brains logic we shouldn't be flying aeroplanes around hey?? or as someone else pointed out,, we shouldn't be driving cars around either,, but scores of people die from taking illicit drugs everday and the DUmbasses want to legalize that.. :lol: fucking go figure,, they are freaks!

How about a psychological test to prevent gun queers from owning guns?

oh, wait! That would mean the only people with guns would be sane people, wouldn't it?

Can't have that, now, can we?

The NRA would evaporate due to a lack of members.

I don't know what can be done, but since i have been here, right outside of the Ocala area of florida, the news has reported several murders, one right after the other, in just this region...news comes from Orlando, who are people that have lost their jobs..., many bank robberies as well....all unemployed people...losing their minds!!!!!!!!!

It's scary as can be down here....I would much rather live in a rural area than deal with this crap...though my parents area is safe, (so we hope it stays that way) the surrounding areas is a crap shoot of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

People packed in to sardine cans ready to burst could be part of it as well...and guns in that type of situation in my humble opinion has been not so good.

Not one of these murders were stopped by the good people that hold guns as some people proclaim it would.

I am not certain the gun ownership itself is causing this because where I live, everyone owns a gun or two or three, yet Maine still ranks 48th or 49th in crime, out of all states.

How about a psychological test to prevent gun queers from owning guns?

oh, wait! That would mean the only people with guns would be sane people, wouldn't it?

Can't have that, now, can we?

The NRA would evaporate due to a lack of members.

so you feel that a presumption of insanity is an appropriate response to someone who wants to own a gun?

48 people ... hmm ... really? Is that all? I can point to a LOT of other things that have killed off a lot more people ... cancer, cars, much more from knives, etc.. You only hear about what can rile people up though, so I guess the other thousands killed just don't count.

I love how you continue to use these tragedies as a political weapon against those who interpret the second amendment differently from you. You continue to accuse, in other threads, those who think differently from you, of murder. Now, people who don't agree with you are not only stupid, but evil. What a miserable old man you are.

if everyone on those planes was armed i doubt those planes would have hit those buildings.....

I don't know what can be done, but since i have been here, right outside of the Ocala area of florida, the news has reported several murders, one right after the other, in just this region...news comes from Orlando, who are people that have lost their jobs..., many bank robberies as well....all unemployed people...losing their minds!!!!!!!!!

It's scary as can be down here....I would much rather live in a rural area than deal with this crap...though my parents area is safe, (so we hope it stays that way) the surrounding areas is a crap shoot of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

People packed in to sardine cans ready to burst could be part of it as well...and guns in that type of situation in my humble opinion has been not so good.

Not one of these murders were stopped by the good people that hold guns as some people proclaim it would.

I am not certain the gun ownership itself is causing this because where I live, everyone owns a gun or two or three, yet Maine still ranks 48th or 49th in crime, out of all states.

I have noticed the rise in reports of these crimes as well. I think we might be in for a summer like nothing we have seen before. It looks like a good summer to be in the mountains fishing. If (as we all hope) nothing bad happens, then a summer in the mountains fishing is still a healthy way to live.

The reason none of these murders were stopped is that not that many gun owners carry their guns on them. On top of that, employers don't want guns in the workplace, so when someone goes off the deep end, no one is there to stop them.

I believe that you are correct, that this economy is leading to more of this type of thing than normal. Gun control laws won't stop it. There are way too many guns out there, and people are not going to give them up, nor should they. Honestly, maybe we need more people carrying. On the other hand, I'm not certain I would want everyone I know carrying a gun around.

Forum List

Back