48 Hour Rule

If you are going to have this 48 hour rule, then the UserCP should list the previous 48 hours of Reputation.

This is just common sense and fairness for everyone.
Negged!

;)

(Yeah, I agree. But, it might be a lot of work to change that...dunno.)

Setting it so that folks can see the last 40 reps would take care of it, if it's possible to set it that high.

Last edited:
It's not really a 48 hour rule. Do the math.
If you cannot neg the same person twice within 48 hours, is that not a 48 hour neg rule?

My last visible Reputation Given is: 07-26-2012 05:39 PM

Currently, that is another 3 hours and 39 minutes from being 48 hours.

If I were to neg someone who I negged in that missing period, I would lose my rep. But I cannot view all my rep within the whole 48 hours.

If you are going to have this 48 hour rule, then the UserCP should list the previous 48 hours of Reputation.

Negged!

;)

Setting it so that folks can see the last 40 reps would take care of it, if if's possible to set it that high.
Just set it so that folks can see their last 100, if possible.

It wouldn't seem to be any skin off anyone's nose to do so.

It's not really a 48 hour rule. Do the math.
If you cannot neg the same person twice within 48 hours, is that not a 48 hour neg rule?

My last visible Reputation Given is: 07-26-2012 05:39 PM

Currently, that is another 3 hours and 39 minutes from being 48 hours.

If I were to neg someone who I negged in that missing period, I would lose my rep. But I cannot view all my rep within the whole 48 hours.

Just look at your sent messages. Do they all show up there or just pms. I don't really know how much people actually neg but I don't think they're going to help you keep track if they made the rule in the first place.

Your negs are listed in your "Sent messages" file. If you know how to access them, you should not be making demands on Mods to help you review your Sent messages.

See Si's first post. :lmao:

Negged!

;)

Setting it so that folks can see the last 40 reps would take care of it, if if's possible to set it that high.
Just set it so that folks can see their last 100, if possible.

It wouldn't seem to be any skin off anyone's nose to do so.
Like a "View all" button? Think we used to be able to access those. Not sure now, though.

Another idea is to set yourself a higher standard of waiting 72 hours, not 48, before negging someone twice. That way, you have zero chance of screwing up your future of reputation sharing here. :)

Your negs are listed in your "Sent messages" file. If you know how to access them, you should not be making demands on Mods to help you review your Sent messages.

She didn't say anything like that. Everyone should be watching those messages and report it if they are getting negged twice within 48 hours. Otherwise, they deserve what they get.

Thank you.

I was just looking to post the same.

We can give 20 in a 24hr period and that's all that shows, is the last 20.

We should be able to see, at least, 50. If not 60

She didn't say anything like that. Everyone should be watching those messages and report it if they are getting negged twice within 48 hours. Otherwise, they deserve what they get.

I unchecked the option to be notified with a message when I receive rep...I'm pretty sure I don't get anything to check. I don't know why you just can't get a full list of your reps, they keep all your posts so you think that'd be less information-intensive. :dunno:

Sorry, Sarah. I do not dwell in the neg world reformatory. I repeat that if someone does regularly neg others, one might consider the sanity of postponing gratification an extra day since beating someone up twice in too close of a time parameter as to do it in hot anger is not conciliatory in any way, and his or her moral growth suffers. Psychiatrists are well-versed in people's stages of moral development. And such is included in many courses of Psychology 101 at universities globally. Controlling one's speech is clearly not everyone's forte here. ;)

Last edited:

Common Sense would preferably dictate disabling the Neg Rep ability, for 48 hours so you couldn't neg rep the Poster twice within the time period. It would beat punitive and permanent damage zeroing out your rep and knocking you out of the rep system completely. ;)

My suggestion was to have your Neg Rep go against the User, rather than the Target, automatically, if you neg repped the same person too often within the time period. I thought it would be fun to watch the reactions as the realization set in, that abusers were knocking out their own rep. :)

Common Sense would preferably dictate disabling the Neg Rep ability, for 48 hours so you couldn't neg rep the Poster twice within the time period. It would beat punitive and permanent damage zeroing out your rep and knocking you out of the rep system completely. ;)

My suggestion was to have your Neg Rep go against the User, rather than the Target, automatically, if you neg repped the same person too often within the time period. I thought it would be fun to watch the reactions as the realization set in, that abusers were knocking out their own rep. :)

Now THAT would be hilarious.

I unchecked the option to be notified with a message when I receive rep...I'm pretty sure I don't get anything to check. I don't know why you just can't get a full list of your reps, they keep all your posts so you think that'd be less information-intensive. :dunno:

Look in your list of private messages, upper right corner of your page. Click on it and take a look, any rep you get will have the time and date at the top of the message.

Look in your list of private messages, upper right corner of your page. Click on it and take a look, any rep you get will have the time and date at the top of the message.

All I have in my inbox regarding reputation is people replying to ones I've given to them.

I shut it off, I get zero notification when receiving rep...I'm tellin ya.

Forum List

Back