47% versus "You didn't build that"

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Polls Show Romney’s 47 Percent Moment Breaking Through, ‘You Didn’t Build That’ Fizzling | TPM2012

47% comment has net negative affect on Romney support:

The latest WSJ/NBC poll read respondents his comments and found 45 percent felt more negatively towards Romney afterwards versus only 23 percent who felt more positive about him. Even worse, the 12 percent slice of voters NBC defines as “up for grabs” had the strongest reaction. Just 10 percent approved of the remarks versus a whopping 49 percent who said the comments diminished their opinion of Romney.

"You didn't build that" has net positive affect:

At least as discouraging, for Republicans, however, is that Romney’s favorite Obama quote — “You didn’t build that” — isn’t even a net drag for the president. After hearing his comments, voters reacted positively by a 36-32 margin overall, and independents and “up for grabs” voters actually approved of them by slightly higher margins.

Interesting research.

Romney's remarks don't even compare to Obama's..

The people who built their business with their blood, sweat and tears were offended and there are many of them..

And now with these new tapes of the REAL Obama coming out

tsk tsk

Most people weren't stupid enough to believe the Republican bullshit of taking the build comment out of context.

Most people weren't stupid enough to think Mitten's quote was taken out of context.

Maybe there really is hope for the country.

(Stuphanie being the exception to the above)

Polls Show Romney’s 47 Percent Moment Breaking Through, ‘You Didn’t Build That’ Fizzling | TPM2012

47% comment has net negative affect on Romney support:

The latest WSJ/NBC poll read respondents his comments and found 45 percent felt more negatively towards Romney afterwards versus only 23 percent who felt more positive about him. Even worse, the 12 percent slice of voters NBC defines as “up for grabs” had the strongest reaction. Just 10 percent approved of the remarks versus a whopping 49 percent who said the comments diminished their opinion of Romney.

"You didn't build that" has net positive affect:

At least as discouraging, for Republicans, however, is that Romney’s favorite Obama quote — “You didn’t build that” — isn’t even a net drag for the president. After hearing his comments, voters reacted positively by a 36-32 margin overall, and independents and “up for grabs” voters actually approved of them by slightly higher margins.

Interesting research.

You been hanging out with Rdean?

Republicans will never understand why everyone is not as angry as they over the same things, populism is a slippery eel for anyone not genuinely concerned for the nation at large.

Many of those 47% actually built and defended most of what you youngins now enjoy.

And, they know that the "... you didn't build that ... was a yet another lie from Mittens.

Now with this new racist tape by Obama it will only add fuel to the fire why not to vote for this president.

A) It was "new" in '05.

B) Its not racist to tell the truth about racism in the US.

The people who built their business with their blood, sweat and tears were offended and there are many of them..

tsk tsk

A) I agree that MitWit can't keep up with President Obama.

B) As the lying rw's know, the context went on to say highways, etc. I built a successful business and I could not have done without the infrastructure that was built by other Americans AND the American government. Since you live on your elderly mother's welfare check, you would have no way of knowing what its like to build anything except a pile of dirty dishes for someone else to clean up for you.

C) ... sigh ... The "new tapes" are ONE video and it is NOT new. Please, write it fuck down or something but get it through your thick skull that everyone except rw's here and hannity saw them way back in 05. This is 2012. Take of your shoes and do the fucking math already.

tsk tsk

Exactly. Mittens was talking from the heart to his fellows. I think people were offended by the out of context campaigning Mittens did by showing that tiny segment of the Presidents speech that day. We all know what the point of his speech was..."when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together".

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia | The White House

Yep Hannity and his fellow nuts are gonna have a party........Yawn.

Many of those 47% actually built and defended most of what you youngins now enjoy.

Yeah, because most of the 47 percent that Mittens was talking about are people who are ALREADY RETIRED (which means they had jobs) or in the military (which means they have jobs and are dependent on the government for their paychecks and health care).

Interestingly enough though, most of the 47 percent that Mittens was talking about DO have jobs and pay their taxes via payroll taxes.

And, they know that the "... you didn't build that ... was a yet another lie from Mittens.

Now with this new racist tape by Obama it will only add fuel to the fire why not to vote for this president.

A) It was "new" in '05.

tsk tsk

B) As the lying rw's know, the context went on to say highways, etc. I built a successful business and I could not have done without the infrastructure that was built by other Americans AND the American government. Since you live on your elderly mother's welfare check, you would have no way of knowing what its like to build anything except a pile of dirty dishes for someone else to clean up for you.

C) ... sigh ... The "new tapes" are ONE video and it is NOT new. Please, write it fuck down or something but get it through your thick skull that everyone except rw's here and hannity saw them way back in 05. This is 2012. Take of your shoes and do the fucking math already.

What you are missing about this tape is that when it was released originally to the press it was cherry picked and played on the MSM as not to embarrass Obama, but now the whole tape is out and of course the MSM will not report on it. FNC is the only one outside of the blogs that has the guts to do it.

In fact the whole tape is new news and if you go to the Daily Caller web site you can get the whole story, which you won't because you prefer to Shoot The Messenger.

Yeah, because most of the 47 percent that Mittens was talking about are people who are ALREADY RETIRED (which means they had jobs) or in the military (which means they have jobs and are dependent on the government for their paychecks and health care).

Interestingly enough though, most of the 47 percent that Mittens was talking about DO have jobs and pay their taxes via payroll taxes.

yeah sure that's who he was talking about...a payroll tax is NOT Federal Income Taxes

Last edited:

yeah sure that's who he was talking about...a payroll tax is NOT Federal Income Taxes

Yes it was, but he was not smart enough to realize that.

A) It was "new" in '05.

tsk tsk

What you are missing about this tape is that when it was released originally to the press it was cherry picked and played on the MSM as not to embarrass Obama, but now the whole tape is out and of course the MSM will not report on it. FNC is the only one outside of the blogs that has the guts to do it.

In fact the whole tape is new news and if you go to the Daily Caller web site you can get the whole story, which you won't because you prefer to Shoot The Messenger.

Actually, it was transcribed in its entirety by Andrew Sullivan on June 7, 2007:

Obama and Poverty - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

The 47% of people on some type of entitlement are not people who are on medicare or SS.

Medicare and SS are not entitlements, they were paid for by the people who use them. In fact people who use medicare are still paying a monthly premium which is deducted from their monthly SS check.

tsk tsk

Exactly. Mittens was talking from the heart to his fellows. I think people were offended by the out of context campaigning Mittens did by showing that tiny segment of the Presidents speech that day. We all know what the point of his speech was..."when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together".

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia | The White House

Yep Hannity and his fellow nuts are gonna have a party........Yawn.

You heard a different video than I did.

The one I saw had romeny saying they didn't take "personal responsibility and care" for themselves, that they see themselves as "victims", " believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it...".

That's the opposite of what you have written.

What he said is indefensible and WRONG. Just plain flat out WRONG.

Fact-checking Romney's "47 percent" comment - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

And, as a matter of fact, the latest 70-30 crap from Ryan is also dead wrong.

What happened is that both of them dropped their dog whistle and it accidentally went off. I'm saying that, especially Ryan, lied on purpose, just to get rw's all riled up over those worthless bums who work two jobs or the disabled vets who do not want a hand out but do desperately need and deserve a hand up. Oh yeah, and ME. I've worked since I was 13 years old, I still work but don't draw pay, and yep, I now get Soc Sec. THAT makes me one of that mealy mouthed little scum 47% and he can shove it.

Forum List

Back