46 Senators Voted to Cede Our 2nd Amendment Rights to UN

With their constant dissemination of disinformation, conservatives increasingly resemble Pravda, the political newspaper affiliated with the Communists Party of the old Soviet Union. They engaged in a constant propaganda PR war without any regard for truth or accuracy. No lie was too big or too small.

Bullshit Mustang.

This was not spin. It was a vote up and down and the Statement of Purpose is clear and on the record.

There's no gray here. The D's voted against the Second Amendment. They own their vote.

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 1st Session

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate

Vote Summary

Question: On the Amendment (Inhofe Amdt. No. 139 )

Vote Number: 91 Vote Date: March 23, 2013, 04:30 AM

Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Amendment Agreed to
Amendment Number: S.Amdt. 139 to S.Con.Res. 8 (No short title on file

Statement of Purpose: To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

Vote Counts: YEAs 53
NAYs 46

Not Voting 1

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Thank-you, comrade, for makijng my point for me.

Oh put down the bong for heaven's sakes.

Statement of Purpose is clear. And the Dems voted against the Second Amendment. And voted against preventing the US from entering into the UN Treaty on Arms.

There's absolutely no gray here.

Bullshit Mustang.

This was not spin. It was a vote up and down and the Statement of Purpose is clear and on the record.

There's no gray here. The D's voted against the Second Amendment. They own their vote.

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 1st Session

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate

Vote Summary

Question: On the Amendment (Inhofe Amdt. No. 139 )

Vote Number: 91 Vote Date: March 23, 2013, 04:30 AM

Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Amendment Agreed to
Amendment Number: S.Amdt. 139 to S.Con.Res. 8 (No short title on file

Statement of Purpose: To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

Vote Counts: YEAs 53
NAYs 46

Not Voting 1

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Thank-you, comrade, for makijng my point for me.

Statement of Purpose is clear. And the Dems voted against the Second Amendment. And voted against preventing the US from entering into the UN Treaty on Arms.

Yeah, it's like all the Democrat Senators are suddenly Cindy Sheehan. Scary. :ack-1:

Last edited:
The amendment was sponsored by Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.).

Here is Inhofe's Open Secrets page: James M. Inhofe: Campaign Finance/Money - Summary - Senator 2012 | OpenSecrets

The dude is totally owned by the arms makers affected by the treaty!

Here are his top 20 contributors:

20uwxuq.gif

Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) also wrote a similar resolution for the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Take a look at who Inhofe's number one donor is in the picture I posted.

Guess who is Moran's number one donor?

That's right. Koch Industries.

Coincidence?

I wonder who wrote the amendment and the resolution for those two guys...

Last edited:

They did not vote against the Second Amendment. They voted against a retarded piece of legislation that was based entirely on a false premise.

Amazing.

I have to admit that I am not in the slightest little bit surprised that both Senators from my State (the Empire State) voted AGAINST this amendment.

Sad, but not at all unexpected.

Schumer and Gillibrand, sleaze in a pod.

The 2nd is about international arms sales?

The GOP style (if they would actually VOTE against their health scam pals) health reform is Marxism?

You're brainwashed functional morons, losers LOL.

Last edited:
Once you actually READ THE TREATY, all the bullshit being shoveled into your mouths falls apart. Upon READING THE TREATY, it becomes obvious it is about the IMPORTATION and EXPORTATION of arms such as Apache helicopters, JDAMs, F-15s, along with small arms to countries like North Korea, Syria, and Iran. I thought you flag pin wearing faggots hated North Korea, Syria, and Iran.

We are talking about the kind of shit all those arms manufactureres I highlighted as Inhofe's donors make.

This is billions of dollars of shit falling into the hands of terrorists and rogue states. Which is why North Korea, Iran, Syria, and the big American arms manufacturers are trying to stop it.

Idiots.

This has NOTHING to do with you or your guns. Nothing.

Not one of you nitwits has even read the fucking thing. You are just parroting the arms makers' propaganda that this somehow will affect YOU. You are being a bunch of useful idiots, and so are the Senators who are trying to defeat it.

I bet none of the Senators have read it, either. They took the arms makers' donations, and marched to their orders.

Don't even pretend you have read the treaty. I know damned well you have not. You are a bunch of mindless parrots.

Last edited:
Once you actually READ THE TREATY, all the bullshit being shoveled into your mouths falls apart. Upon READING THE TREATY, it becomes obvious it is about the IMPORTATION and EXPORTATION of arms such as Apache helicopters, JDAMs, F-15s, along with small arms to countries like North Korea, Syria, and Iran. I thought you flag pin wearing faggots hated North Korea, Syria, and Iran.

We are talking about the kind of shit all those arms manufactureres I highlighted as Inhofe's donors make.

This is billions of dollars of shit falling into the hands of terrorists and rogue states. Which is why North Korea, Iran, Syria, and the big American arms manufacturers are trying to stop it.

Idiots.

Not one of you nitwits has even read the fucking thing. You are just parroting the arms makers' propaganda that this somehow will affect YOU. You are being a bunch of useful idiots, and so are the Senators who are trying to defeat it.

I bet none of the Senators have read it, either. They took the arms makers' donations, and marched to their orders.

Don't even pretend you have read the treaty. I know damned well you have not. You are a bunch of mindless parrots.

I have read the treaty and have posted a post almost identical to yours.

I admit I stepped into the trap...though I only looked as far as how my senators voted.

But I totally agree.
The treaty in question only limits inter-nation gun trading

The amendment was sponsored by Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.).

Here is Inhofe's Open Secrets page: James M. Inhofe: Campaign Finance/Money - Summary - Senator 2012 | OpenSecrets

The dude is totally owned by the arms makers affected by the treaty!

Here are his top 20 contributors:

20uwxuq.gif

Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) also wrote a similar resolution for the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Take a look at who Inhofe's number one donor is in the picture I posted.

Guess who is Moran's number one donor?

That's right. Koch Industries.

Coincidence?

I wonder who wrote the amendment and the resolution for those two guys...
We have a sock puppet^^^^^^^^^

Idiots.

I have read the treaty and have posted a post almost identical to yours.

I admit I stepped into the trap...though I only looked as far as how my senators voted.

But I totally agree.
The treaty in question only limits inter-nation gun trading

China makes some fine firearms and those AK 47's that millions of Americans have how would that effect them? What about the ammo. Fuck this god damn treaty.

I did read it. The language within this scope is too vague and could be construed several ways.

Article 2 Scope
1. This Treaty shall apply to all conventional arms within the following categories:
(a) Battle tanks;
(b) Armoured combat vehicles;
(c) Large-calibre artillery systems;
(d) Combat aircraft;
13-27217 3
A/CONF.217/2013/L.3
(e) Attack helicopters;
(f) Warships;
(g) Missiles and missile launchers; and
(h) Small arms and light weapons.
2. For the purposes of this Treaty, the activities of the international trade comprise export, import, transit, trans-shipment and brokering, hereafter referred to as “transfer”.
3. This Treaty shall not apply to the international movement of conventional arms by, or on behalf of, a State Party for its use provided that the conventional arms remain under that State Party’s ownership.
Article 3 Ammunition/Munitions
Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system to regulate the export of ammunition/munitions fired, launched or delivered by the conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1), and shall apply the provisions of Article 6 and Article 7 prior to authorizing the export of such ammunition/munitions.

Idiots.

HEY!!!

These nutters had a damn fine circle jerk going, and you had to come in and ruin it with facts.

Shame on you!!!

I did read it. The language within this scope is too vague and could be construed several ways.

Article 2 Scope
1. This Treaty shall apply to all conventional arms within the following categories:
(a) Battle tanks;
(b) Armoured combat vehicles;
(c) Large-calibre artillery systems;
(d) Combat aircraft;
13-27217 3
A/CONF.217/2013/L.3
(e) Attack helicopters;
(f) Warships;
(g) Missiles and missile launchers; and
(h) Small arms and light weapons.
2. For the purposes of this Treaty, the activities of the international trade comprise export, import, transit, trans-shipment and brokering, hereafter referred to as “transfer”.
3. This Treaty shall not apply to the international movement of conventional arms by, or on behalf of, a State Party for its use provided that the conventional arms remain under that State Party’s ownership.
Article 3 Ammunition/Munitions
Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system to regulate the export of ammunition/munitions fired, launched or delivered by the conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1), and shall apply the provisions of Article 6 and Article 7 prior to authorizing the export of such ammunition/munitions.

I didn't have too read it too know that small arms and light weapons were attached to the treaty.
Weapons like the Saiga, AK 47, Mosin Nagant, Enfield's
Brazil: Taurus/Rossi.

Austria: Glock and Steyr. I am going to make an educated guess and say that at least 70% of those pistol imported are Glocks. Glocks are selling well! The rifles would be Steyrs.

Italy: A number of companies. The bulk would be from the Beretta family (which includes Benelli).

Germany: H&K, SIG & Walther [Thanks Jason]

Croatia: Springfield Armory is selling a lot of XD pistols!

Turkey: A lot of firearm manufactures. A good proportion of those shotguns would from Beretta owned companies.
Russia: Mostly Saiga rifles from Izshmash. I am surprised, I thought Russia would be exporting a lot more.

Argentina: Bersa pistols.

China: A few countries import Remington 870-clones (ironically the list includes H&R, a subsidiary of Remington). Who is importing rifles? It must only be either a government, defense contractor or military organization.

Romania: Soviet era rifles and handguns?

Japan: Weatherby, some Winchesters.

Philippines: Rock Island Armory and a few other companies.

Serbia: Zastava.

Czech Republic: The majority from CZ. Czechpoint is a smaller company that imports a variety of Czech-made firearms.

Belgium: FN Herstal.

Finland: Tikka / Sako (owned by Beretta).

UK: I am not sure who is importing handguns. I suspect it’s a government-related transfer. There are a number of rifle manufactures. Accuracy International is one of the larger companies.

Spain: Star and Astra. Possibly includes imports from CVA and Traditions who make muzzleloaders. [Thanks Jon]

Ukraine: Soviet-era rifles?

Portugal: Collector guns? Some Browning-branded shotguns [Thanks Jon]

Bulgaria: Arsenal.

Poland: Collector guns like the Polish PPS-43C.

Israel: IWI pistols.

Switzerland: KRISS and a few other firms.
Gun Imports in 2010 | The Firearm Blog

Forum List

Back