46 million food stamps, 37 million fed by food banks,21 million school lunches???

I don't get it!

It appears at least 46 Million Americans Are on Food Stamps
That means at least $200/person per month PLUS:
Record 46 Million Americans Are on Food Stamps - CNBC

As the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity, our food bank network members supply food to more than 37 million Americans each year, including 14 million children and 3 million seniors. Feeding America benefits from the unique relationship between our 202 local member food banks at the front lines of hunger relief and the central efforts of our national office.

How we Fight Hunger| Feeding America

The number of students receiving subsidized lunches rose to 21 million last school year from 18 million in 2006-7
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/education/surge-in-free-school-lunches-reflects-economic-crisis.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0#h[TnoEsi,1]

Are these "poor" getting ALL their food for free?
OR is something else happening???

I mean I am all for a helping hand... but seriously folks there really comes a time!!!!

Could it be that a god-fearing family like the Waltons are not paying their employees enough to live?

Even though they have more money then can be spent in over a hundred lifetimes?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcCfkKziWa8]Wal-Mart greedy Walton family exposed + underground bunker! - YouTube[/ame]

People follow by example so why doesn't Obama give as much as Romney/Bush did as a percent of their income average Bush/Romney 27% Obama 14%..
Why doesn't the Jaime Foxx and you ask your "lord and savior" to give ALL his salary?
After all he still gets' free housing,food,travel and a pension for life!
Or is Obama a HYPOCRITE???

Are you giving 27% of your income to charity?

[
the Romneys donated $4 million to charity last year, nearly 30 per cent of their income

President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income of $719, 274 for the tax year 2007 The Bushes contributed a total of $165,660 [23%]

Between the one Democrat 14% Two GOP an average of 27% ALMOST twice as much!!!!

Which group seems more inclined to GIVE and to help the poor improve their lot???

Which group?

After you calculate how much Republicans/conservatives would like to legislatively take AWAY from poor and low income Americans,

it's clearly the Democrats.

Your self-righteous indignation aside, I am simply not convinced that poor Americans are calorie deficient .

Well no fucking shit! We have sufficient government and charitable aid in this country to keep that from happening you mental retard! If you had your way though - they WOULD be calorie deficient.

They sure as hell don't look that way. Missing a high-calorie meal now and then and adopting a healthy diet is neither terribly difficult nor expensive, in fact it is a way to ensure a healthier life. Too many, are in fact, eating themselves to death.

Unfortunately they don't offer many health food options at the dollar store. "Grocery" stores have become a luxury of middle and upper class neighborhoods. They don't like to locate in poor neighbhorhoods because grocery stores tend to operate on slim margins.

If you really want the poor to eat healthier meals though the best way to do it is to ridicule the first lady for her initiatives on healthy eating
and wonder why on Earth everyone just doesn't shop at the same grocery store you do.

For all that the left claims to believe in science, you'd think that they'd give up the meme that fat people are made because they can't afford high quality food. Fat people are made because they eat too much.

Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds - CNN.com

[
the Romneys donated $4 million to charity last year, nearly 30 per cent of their income

President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income of $719, 274 for the tax year 2007 The Bushes contributed a total of $165,660 [23%]

Which group seems more inclined to GIVE and to help the poor improve their lot???

Which group?

After you calculate how much Republicans/conservatives would like to legislatively take AWAY from poor and low income Americans,

Yes, we understand. Democrats are only generous with other people's money.

[

Which group?

Yes, we understand. Democrats are only generous with other people's money.

When did the Democrats ever pass a bill that spends money on the poor, but exempted Democrats from the cost?

If charity were the answer there would be no food stamp program. It wouldn't be needed.

Pretending that charity will fix anything is just a scam to pander to the greedy.

I don't get it!

It appears at least 46 Million Americans Are on Food Stamps
That means at least $200/person per month PLUS:
Record 46 Million Americans Are on Food Stamps - CNBC
The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood always reveal that they know they are full of shit by their exaggerations! If they believed they really had a case they would not exaggerate.

Here in NJ food stamps are in the news because of a Twitter bet made by Newark Mayor Cory Booker to try to live on food stamps for one week. NJ has one of the highest standards of living and therefore pays one of the highest amounts of food stamps. The average monthly food stamp benefit was $133.26 per person in New Jersey in fiscal year 2011, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
In 2011, it helped almost 45 million low-income Americans to afford a nutritionally adequate diet in a typical month.
In fiscal year 2011, the federal government spent about $78 billion on SNAP. About 92 percent went directly to benefits that households used to purchase food
Policy Basics: Introduction to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Average per month $132.89...

Hey I'll do something I'VE YET to hear ANY Obamatron, much less Obama admit when confronted with the fact that Obama SAID:

"Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half " AND YET INSTEAD of CUTTING HE INCREASED by 1,000% the deficit!

AND can you and Obama ADMIT LIKE I admit "I AM WRONG" when I said $200 more admit HE INCREASED NOT CUT in half the DEFICIT!!
You gotta just love how the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood operates. When caught in an exaggeration they can't deny, rather than question their source they pretend to admit to their error only to get you to swallow an even greater exaggeration!!!

Food stamps are every bit as much a subsidy for low wages as it is a fight against hunger. Many businesses would not exist as they are now if they had to actually pay enough to meet all their employees needs.

omg...you are part of the problem in this country..it is UP TO YOU to meet your own needs..work two friggen jobs if you have to or go become a doctor or something instead of sucking off the taxpayers

Last edited:
That's an old report on food stamps, they announced just after the elelction were are at 50 million now.

poor old bamie,, he got re elected on failure so I can't go on record as being sorry for the folks.. they get what they voted for, they can look forward to being in poverty for a long damn time. there ain't enough money in the USA to help them.

remember now folks,, bamie went on down to mexico to school them in the fine art of receiving food stamps at the American Taxpayers expense. And the Americans voted bamie back into office. so they can just suck on whatever he deals to them. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood always reveal that they know they are full of shit by their exaggerations! If they believed they really had a case they would not exaggerate.

Here in NJ food stamps are in the news because of a Twitter bet made by Newark Mayor Cory Booker to try to live on food stamps for one week. NJ has one of the highest standards of living and therefore pays one of the highest amounts of food stamps. The average monthly food stamp benefit was $133.26 per person in New Jersey in fiscal year 2011, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
In 2011, it helped almost 45 million low-income Americans to afford a nutritionally adequate diet in a typical month.
In fiscal year 2011, the federal government spent about $78 billion on SNAP. About 92 percent went directly to benefits that households used to purchase food
Policy Basics: Introduction to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Average per month $132.89...

Hey I'll do something I'VE YET to hear ANY Obamatron, much less Obama admit when confronted with the fact that Obama SAID:

"Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half " AND YET INSTEAD of CUTTING HE INCREASED by 1,000% the deficit!

AND can you and Obama ADMIT LIKE I admit "I AM WRONG" when I said $200 more admit HE INCREASED NOT CUT in half the DEFICIT!!
You gotta just love how the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood operates. When caught in an exaggeration they can't deny, rather than question their source they pretend to admit to their error only to get you to swallow an even greater exaggeration!!!

See I'm a much bigger person for admitting I was wrong... But there is NEVER ever been on this board an Obama supporter who admits that Obama LIED
when he "pledged to cut the deficit"! You can't admit that! And that just questions the veracity of ANY of your exaggerations, i.e. ITS' all Bush's fault!

When confronted WITH THE FACTS of the Dot.com bust costing $5 trillion in market losses, 400,000 jobs or 9/11 really occurred costing $2 trillion, 3,000 lives and 145,000 jobs, or WoRST HURRICANES you can't admit occurred EVEN though it is a FACT costing $1 trillion and 300,000 jobs BUT because YOU and other supporters WILL NEVER admit THOSE EVENTS were major contributors, you will blame Bush for not responding to Katrina!!! Katrina was just ONE hurricane in the WORST SEASONS!!!

You won't admit that though and you know THAT shows what phony people you are!
Even something so obvious as the 3 events that NO president even the Messiah could have Anticipated or prepared for... YET you asses continue to blame Bush!

Food stamps makes recipients fatter. Yeah, what we need is more people on food stamps!

Does the Food Stamp Program cause obesity?

People of equal socioeconomic level are fatter when on SNAP than those who are not.

From this paper
"...this association does not prove that the Food Stamp Program causes weight gain..."

BTW - Republicans make fun of Michelle when she tries to do things to encourage people to eat healthy - then they moan about people not eating healthy. Please just shut the fuck up it'd be a lot more efficient!

Food stamps makes recipients fatter. Yeah, what we need is more people on food stamps!

Does the Food Stamp Program cause obesity?

People of equal socioeconomic level are fatter when on SNAP than those who are not.

From this paper
"...this association does not prove that the Food Stamp Program causes weight gain...
It is an impartial study and article which says people on food stamps of the same socioeconomic strata are fatter than those who are not. I am free to draw my own conclusion based on the findings and you are free to draw yours. I would be interested to hear what variable were not taken into account to disprove exactly what the findings were.

New Topics

Forum List

Back