46 million food stamps, 37 million fed by food banks,21 million school lunches???

Food stamps are every bit as much a subsidy for low wages as it is a fight against hunger. Many businesses would not exist as they are now if they had to actually pay enough to meet all their employees needs.
We should eliminate food stamps. Poor Americans are already too fat.

I guess you like your poor people skinny and bloated Ethiopia style. Don't worry, the cheap starch they must subsist on will kill them soon enough.
Equating starving Africans with overwieght Americans is certainly an "occupy" mentality. Your self-righteous indignation aside, I am simply not convinced that poor Americans are calorie deficient . They sure as hell don't look that way. Missing a high-calorie meal now and then and adopting a healthy diet is neither terribly difficult nor expensive, in fact it is a way to ensure a healthier life. Too many, are in fact, eating themselves to death.

A great many of todays poor and working poor were formerly middle class. They understand exactly what put them where they are at, and they vote. 6Nov12 was a demostration of that.

Now you people just keep telling them they are lazy and shiftless, and should starve. That is sure to get their votes in 2014.
Is it possible that four years of an Obama administration put them there? If not, then Obama certainly did nothing to alleviate their plight- other than put them on welfare.

A great many of todays poor and working poor were formerly middle class. They understand exactly what put them where they are at, and they vote. 6Nov12 was a demostration of that.

Now you people just keep telling them they are lazy and shiftless, and should starve. That is sure to get their votes in 2014.

The right wing honestly believes that insulting people will gain their votes. Either that or they think they can win an election without people voting for them.

I can't imagine how any retired person who worked all their lives, or low ranking enlisted members of the military, or any number of people who have contributed their part (and more in many cases) to society and happen to not have owed federal taxes in 2012 would have even considered voting for Romney after he metaphorically spit in their faces and literally said they have a dependency problem.

Insulting folks and simply stating truths are two different things. Voters didn't want to hear the truth earlier this month. They wanted more hopey changey talk from Herr Obama.

Forget the last 4 years, ignore the next 4. Keep on hoping because there's no change in sight.

Your self-righteous indignation aside, I am simply not convinced that poor Americans are calorie deficient .

Well no fucking shit! We have sufficient government and charitable aid in this country to keep that from happening you mental retard! If you had your way though - they WOULD be calorie deficient.

They sure as hell don't look that way. Missing a high-calorie meal now and then and adopting a healthy diet is neither terribly difficult nor expensive, in fact it is a way to ensure a healthier life. Too many, are in fact, eating themselves to death.

Unfortunately they don't offer many health food options at the dollar store. "Grocery" stores have become a luxury of middle and upper class neighborhoods. They don't like to locate in poor neighbhorhoods because grocery stores tend to operate on slim margins.

If you really want the poor to eat healthier meals though the best way to do it is to ridicule the first lady for her initiatives on healthy eating
and wonder why on Earth everyone just doesn't shop at the same grocery store you do.

Last edited:
We should eliminate food stamps. Poor Americans are already too fat.

I guess you like your poor people skinny and bloated Ethiopia style. Don't worry, the cheap starch they must subsist on will kill them soon enough.
Equating starving Africans with overwieght Americans is certainly an "occupy" mentality. Your self-righteous indignation aside, I am simply not convinced that poor Americans are calorie deficient . They sure as hell don't look that way. Missing a high-calorie meal now and then and adopting a healthy diet is neither terribly difficult nor expensive, in fact it is a way to ensure a healthier life. Too many, are in fact, eating themselves to death.

Healthy costs a lot more money and people on food stamps really don't get as much as you seem to think. Take a look at the crops subsidized by the government, they are all empty starch, not a green vegetable in bunch, they went for bulk over quality the same as anyone with too few food dollars will.

Healthy costs a lot more money and people on food stamps really don't get as much as you seem to think. Take a look at the crops subsidized by the government, they are all empty starch, not a green vegetable in bunch, they went for bulk over quality the same as anyone with too few food dollars will.

My wife and I lived in a poor urban neighbhorhood for about 5 years. There wasn't a single grocery store in the neighborhood (unless you consider a convenience store that offers no fresh produce a "grocery store"). Plenty of dollar stores though!

Now we live in a middle class neighborhood. Grocery store is a half mile down the street, and they're opening up another one right next to it. Still no grocery store in our old neighborhood though!

Insulting folks and simply stating truths are two different things.

If you think that telling war veterans who pay no income taxes or retired folks who paid taxes their entire working lives but don't owe any in retirement that they have a "victim mentality" is "simply stating the truth" - then keep stating the truth! You can state the truth until you lose the next election - and the next - and the next!

Is it possible that four years of an Obama administration put them there? If not, then Obama certainly did nothing to alleviate their plight- other than put them on welfare.

The right wing honestly believes that insulting people will gain their votes. Either that or they think they can win an election without people voting for them.

I can't imagine how any retired person who worked all their lives, or low ranking enlisted members of the military, or any number of people who have contributed their part (and more in many cases) to society and happen to not have owed federal taxes in 2012 would have even considered voting for Romney after he metaphorically spit in their faces and literally said they have a dependency problem.

Insulting folks and simply stating truths are two different things. Voters didn't want to hear the truth earlier this month. They wanted more hopey changey talk from Herr Obama.

Forget the last 4 years, ignore the next 4. Keep on hoping because there's no change in sight.

January 2009. We were losing 750k jobs a month. The market was at half it's previous and present value and still going down. Note the 'present'? No, the jobs still have not come back like they need to. But the outlook is far brighter than it was in January, 2009.

You people offered us policies that were exactly the same as those that caused the 2008 crash. Then you are surprised that the American Citizens resoundingly rejected those policies and your candidate. What were you thinking?

On January 20th, 2013, President Obama will begin his second term. At that time, I am going to post the differance between what are the economics of that day compared to those on 20Jan2009. Yes, there has been Change. Major change. And there is far more Hope today than there was on that day. In spite of the GOP obstructionism.

Food subsidies, like food stamps is yet another excellent of government programs going into perpetuity. They both should cease.

Food stamps have been around for decades. Yet, Americans, especially the poor, are getting fatter. Saying that food stamps allow poor Americans to eat healthier is an obvious and unsupportable contradiction.

How would ending the food stamp program make things any better in this country?

LET ME spell it out for YOU!!!
If your opinion that EVERYONE should have FREE food i.e. food stamp where will that put the USA?

So where is there the point "enough is enough"?

NOT ONE conservative is against a helping hand in FACT statistics PROVE conservatives GIVE a higher percentage of their income then liberals!
Proof is tax returns:
Obama reported 2011 Obama Taxes
$1,728,096 Obama's adjusted gross income
245,075 14.18% of his income as donations to charities

the Romneys donated $4 million to charity last year, nearly 30 per cent of their income

President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income of $719, 274 for the tax year 2007 The Bushes contributed a total of $165,660 [23%]

Between the one Democrat 14% Two GOP an average of 27% ALMOST twice as much!!!!

Which group seems more inclined to GIVE and to help the poor improve their lot???

I don't get it!

It appears at least 46 Million Americans Are on Food Stamps
That means at least $200/person per month PLUS:
Record 46 Million Americans Are on Food Stamps - CNBC

As the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity, our food bank network members supply food to more than 37 million Americans each year, including 14 million children and 3 million seniors. Feeding America benefits from the unique relationship between our 202 local member food banks at the front lines of hunger relief and the central efforts of our national office.

How we Fight Hunger| Feeding America

The number of students receiving subsidized lunches rose to 21 million last school year from 18 million in 2006-7
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/education/surge-in-free-school-lunches-reflects-economic-crisis.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0#h[TnoEsi,1]

Are these "poor" getting ALL their food for free?
OR is something else happening???

I mean I am all for a helping hand... but seriously folks there really comes a time!!!!

Could it be that a god-fearing family like the Waltons are not paying their employees enough to live?

Even though they have more money then can be spent in over a hundred lifetimes?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcCfkKziWa8]Wal-Mart greedy Walton family exposed + underground bunker! - YouTube[/ame]

Food subsidies, like food stamps is yet another excellent of government programs going into perpetuity. They both should cease.

Food stamps have been around for decades. Yet, Americans, especially the poor, are getting fatter. Saying that food stamps allow poor Americans to eat healthier is an obvious and unsupportable contradiction.
We would all be much worse off if the government stopped subsidizing and inspecting the ag-food-retail sector, that statement is pretty ignorant of just how much every one of us depend on a steady, safe food supply. I guess you just take it for granted that affordable food somehow just appears on the shelves and will not kill you with botulism or ergot poisoning.

Last edited:

We would all be much worse off if the government stopped subsidizing and inspecting the ag-food-retail sector, that statement is pretty ignorant of just how much every one of us depend on a steady, safe food supply. I guess you just take it for granted that affordable food somehow just appears on the shelves and will not kill you with botulism or ergot poisoning.

Silly.

God does that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJ-Wlacc-E]King Missile - Jesus was way cool - YouTube[/ame]

Who said anything about food inspections? Food inspection started in the early 20th century largely as a result of Sinclair and other muckrakers and has continued ever since. Are you just a self-righteous dingbat or what?

I don't get it!

As the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity, our food bank network members supply food to more than 37 million Americans each year, including 14 million children and 3 million seniors. Feeding America benefits from the unique relationship between our 202 local member food banks at the front lines of hunger relief and the central efforts of our national office.

How we Fight Hunger| Feeding America

The number of students receiving subsidized lunches rose to 21 million last school year from 18 million in 2006-7
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/education/surge-in-free-school-lunches-reflects-economic-crisis.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0#h[TnoEsi,1]

Are these "poor" getting ALL their food for free?
OR is something else happening???

I mean I am all for a helping hand... but seriously folks there really comes a time!!!!

Could it be that a god-fearing family like the Waltons are not paying their employees enough to live?

Even though they have more money then can be spent in over a hundred lifetimes?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcCfkKziWa8]Wal-Mart greedy Walton family exposed + underground bunker! - YouTube[/ame]

People follow by example so why doesn't Obama give as much as Romney/Bush did as a percent of their income average Bush/Romney 27% Obama 14%..
Why doesn't the Jaime Foxx and you ask your "lord and savior" to give ALL his salary?
After all he still gets' free housing,food,travel and a pension for life!
Or is Obama a HYPOCRITE???

I don't get it!

The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood always reveal that they know they are full of shit by their exaggerations! If they believed they really had a case they would not exaggerate.

Here in NJ food stamps are in the news because of a Twitter bet made by Newark Mayor Cory Booker to try to live on food stamps for one week. NJ has one of the highest standards of living and therefore pays one of the highest amounts of food stamps. The average monthly food stamp benefit was $133.26 per person in New Jersey in fiscal year 2011, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

In 2011, it helped almost 45 million low-income Americans to afford a nutritionally adequate diet in a typical month.
In fiscal year 2011, the federal government spent about $78 billion on SNAP. About 92 percent went directly to benefits that households used to purchase food
Policy Basics: Introduction to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Average per month $132.89...

Hey I'll do something I'VE YET to hear ANY Obamatron, much less Obama admit when confronted with the fact that Obama SAID:

"Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half " AND YET INSTEAD of CUTTING HE INCREASED by 1,000% the deficit!

AND can you and Obama ADMIT LIKE I admit "I AM WRONG" when I said $200 more admit HE INCREASED NOT CUT in half the DEFICIT!!
He didn't increase the deficit by 1000% simply a lie. the deficit of bush's last fiscal year had a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit...

as far as cutting that $1.4 trillion dollar deficit in half.....you are right, he did NOT do that....

How would ending the food stamp program make things any better in this country?

LET ME spell it out for YOU!!!
If your opinion that EVERYONE should have FREE food i.e. food stamp where will that put the USA?

So where is there the point "enough is enough"?

NOT ONE conservative is against a helping hand in FACT statistics PROVE conservatives GIVE a higher percentage of their income then liberals!
Proof is tax returns:
Obama reported 2011 Obama Taxes
$1,728,096 Obama's adjusted gross income
245,075 14.18% of his income as donations to charities

the Romneys donated $4 million to charity last year, nearly 30 per cent of their income

President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income of $719, 274 for the tax year 2007 The Bushes contributed a total of $165,660 [23%]

Between the one Democrat 14% Two GOP an average of 27% ALMOST twice as much!!!!

Which group seems more inclined to GIVE and to help the poor improve their lot???

Do you want me to repeat the question?

Who said anything about food inspections? Food inspection started in the early 20th century largely as a result of Sinclair and other muckrakers and has continued ever since. Are you just a self-righteous dingbat or what?

Nope, just took you for one of those who think the government is nothing but a useless burden, thought I would remind you that it has some positive uses. Also without food stamps and crop subsidies half the supermarkets in America would go broke and in a bad crop year none of us would get enough to eat, just thought I would spell that out clearly too.

Nope, just took you for one of those who think the government is nothing but a useless burden, thought I would remind you that it has some positive uses. Also without food stamps and crop subsidies half the supermarkets in America would go broke and in a bad crop year none of us would get enough to eat, just thought I would spell that out clearly too.
Government is not a useless burden if correctly employed. Only anarchists would argue that

You were outed on a false equivalency. You then went on about botulism and so on ffs! Grow up and save that kind of argument for those daft enough to accept what you say at face value.

Forum List

Back