46 billion barrels of oil found in New Mexico...POP THAT CORK AND SELL IT!

As I posted in another thread, enough oil and natural gas to provide for ALL US energy needs for 7 years!

That's an unfortunate illustration, since oil does not and can not work that way.

Oil is more like a lake that's fed by a bunch of rivers, and that lake provides the water source for a city. Now one of those rivers has built up; but the city still gets its water from the lake, not from the river. What this example implies, and some of the wags here seem to believe, is that you can just start tapping the river instead. You can't. All this illustration tells us is that the volume of what's expected to come out of that river is equivalent to the volume we would take out of the lake for seven years.

And again, this particular "river" has been tapped for oil since the 1920s. And again looking at the map in the link, a lot of it is in New Mexico, a good portion is in west Texas, and at least half of the whole thing is in Mexico.

Oil has economic and national security implications. If we get to the point where we could stop all foreign imports of oil if WE CHOSE TO, that gives us a new lever to bring bad acting nations into line and takes away the leverage they use to have over us.

Another wag with no clue how the Oil bidness works.

Once again --- "We" can't stop the international trade of oil unless we were to completely nationalize and isolate it internally. That's never been done and ain't about to be. The Oil Bidness is run by Big Oil, and that means international corporations and traders --- not any kind of political unit. That means Royal Dutch Shell and British Petroleum and Exxon, the entities who make all the decisions about all the drilling and refining and decide where to transport and sell it, based on what makes the most profit for THAT COMPANY.

Fer fucks sake people at least TRY to have some clue what the fuck you're babbling about before you Babylon and embarrass yourselves.

Fer fucks sake people at least TRY to have some clue what the fuck you're babbling about before you Babylon and embarrass yourselves.

Ya want bonafides? I got a piece of 5 wells in the Permian Basin.....well, I did before the Texas Railroad Comm tried to steal them from....if we can keep the lawsuit out of Houston we'll win.....Houston always screws the little guy....I hate Houston. :47:

Yeah Pogo, you're not gonna poopoo this "US is producing oil" thread either, bitch. Go slither back under a rock, the sun is shining. It's a new day in America. one like hasn't been seen since pre-Carter. This is big!

Unfortunately, you are a little man, and can't stand it.

What I can't stand is willful ignorance.

See the post after yours for a ready example. Yet another wag who thinks "we" means "the international oil business". Unless he's a major shareholder of all them companies, he ain't anywhere near a "we".

Pogo is just butthurt to no end that the US is doing better than in 40 years oil-wise. :funnyface: :dance:

iu

Tells you all you need to know about that POS

Oil has economic and national security implications. If we get to the point where we could stop all foreign imports of oil if WE CHOSE TO, that gives us a new lever to bring bad acting nations into line and takes away the leverage they use to have over us.

Once again --- "We" can't stop the international trade of oil unless we were to completely nationalize and isolate it internally. That's never been done and ain't about to be. The Oil Bidness is run by Big Oil, and that means international corporations and traders --- not any kind of political unit. That means Royal Dutch Shell and British Petroleum and Exxon, the entities who make all the decisions about all the drilling and refining and decide where to transport and sell it, based on what makes the most profit for THAT COMPANY.

Ya want bonafides? I got a piece of 5 wells in the Permian Basin.....well, I did before the Texas Railroad Comm tried to steal them from....if we can keep the lawsuit out of Houston we'll win.....Houston always screws the little guy....I hate Houston. :47:

Yeah Pogo, you're not gonna poopoo this "US is producing oil" thread either, bitch. Go slither back under a rock, the sun is shining. It's a new day in America. one like hasn't been seen since pre-Carter. This is big!

See the post after yours for a ready example. Yet another wag who thinks "we" means "the international oil business". Unless he's a major shareholder of all them companies, he ain't anywhere near a "we".

Pogo is just butthurt to no end that the US is doing better than in 40 years oil-wise. :funnyface: :dance:

iu

Hey, prove me wrong then Princess Butthurtia.

Ya see. USA oil and coal shoule NEVER be sold outside the US. It should be mined/drilled/procesed

I agree that US oil should stay here and sell for peanuts after we got ripped off for 45 years by the A-rabs which also almost killed off our auto industry....the Japs pounced when Detroit was still building gas-guzzlers. Coal? We don't need coal but the world does so sell all ya can and open all those mines back up and put those men back to work.

iu

prove yourself right first.

iu

You're the only one with the butthurt aura here, bubba.

Ya see. USA oil and coal shoule NEVER be sold outside the US. It should be mined/drilled/procesed

I agree that US oil should stay here and sell for peanuts after we got ripped off for 45 years by the A-rabs which also almost killed off our auto industry....the Japs pounced when Detroit was still building gas-guzzlers. Coal? We don't need coal but the world does so sell all ya can and open all those mines back up and put those men back to work.

You can wish for fantasies counter to how the world works all day but even clicking your heels together three times isn't gonna bring it about. The fact is "we" don't drill for oil, "we" don't refine it, "we" don't transport it and "we" don't sell it. Big Oil does all of that, and Big Oil is comprised of Yuge multinational corporations beholden to no national flag, but rather to their stockholders. Ergo that Keystone pipeline doesn't bring eventual gasoline to Dubuque -- it brings crude to Houston, where it can be refined and conveniently loaded on ships bound for China and India, or wherever the market dictates will make that Yuge multinational corporation the most money. Where any particular drop of the gasoline/Diesel we load into our vehicles actually derives from geographically, is irrelevant. Could be from New (or old) Mexico. Could be from Kuwait. Could be from Russia, Venezuela, Norway, Nigeria. Because it's all part of the same POOL. Everything drilled goes into that pool.

And being an international fungible commodity such POOL is unconstricted by any national boundaries or politics. It just isn't. It's completely controlled by multinational capitalism.

The only participation federal state or local government has on the price at that pump, is how much tax it appends to it, which is exactly why one county or one state is higher/lower than its neighbor county or state. Otherwise it's all market. So the bottom line is, there is no "we" who has a say in what we do with whatever is in that POOL. Once it's extracted from, in this case, New Mexico, that crude is the property of Shell or Chevron or BP, whoever got it out. And they work for their shareholders, not any national flag.

Forum List

Back