450,000 borrowers at risk....

All I can say is, I work with a lot of these big lenders. We send in documentation all the time.

Every document is sent directly to the assigned closer va e-mail, read receipt requested and followed by a phone call verifying it was received. We then follow up with a fax and another phone call verifying the fax was received.

The next day we get a call that the bank still needs the documentation. We go through it all again. The next day often it happens again. And this is not to modify a contract, but to get a loan to close so everyone including the bank can get paid.

And they wonder why there's a backlog and a documentation problem!

Looks like the latest housing price bubble is about to pop.....Like some of us didn't see that coming.
Reading the articles it looks more like inept banking services to me. Banks are the ones not properly taking care of documentation. Must be that "Standard Banking Practices" are back at work employing substandard peeps to get the job done or are they just "guestimaters" and "guessing" they do not need to do proper paperwork while these people are trying to keep their homes?

All I can say is, I work with a lot of these big lenders. We send in documentation all the time.

Every document is sent directly to the assigned closer va e-mail, read receipt requested and followed by a phone call verifying it was received. We then follow up with a fax and another phone call verifying the fax was received.

The next day we get a call that the bank still needs the documentation. We go through it all again. The next day often it happens again. And this is not to modify a contract, but to get a loan to close so everyone including the bank can get paid.

Do you get hot and sweaty after doing that for a whole day ? :tongue:

It's all the screaming and yelling at the incomptent boob on the other end of the phone that does it, I think. :redface:

It's all the screaming and yelling at the incomptent boob on the other end of the phone that does it, I think. :redface:

As big lender, I'm offended by that unfair portrayal of my secretarial staff

I'll second that back office staffs are clueless. My wife works for a bankruptcy trustee and she frequently has to contact banks for payoffs and proofs of claim and hte like. She called one bankruptcy dept at a bank and asked a question. The person was clueless. She asked, is there anyone there who knows how to do this job? He's at lunch, was the reply.

I'll second that back office staffs are clueless. My wife works for a bankruptcy trustee and she frequently has to contact banks for payoffs and proofs of claim and hte like. She called one bankruptcy dept at a bank and asked a question. The person was clueless. She asked, is there anyone there who knows how to do this job? He's at lunch, was the reply.

That would be funny if it were a joke instead of a true story.

Forum List

Back