45% of physicians state that they would quit should we get gov't run insurance.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
IBD polling, great article. We keep hearing the propaganda from the Obama care nuts, stating that the AMA is in full support of this. Well apparently many physicians don't quite want to go along with this plan. Consider this, if 45% of our physicians retire or quit the profession and we add an additional 30 million newly insured people, how much access are you going to have? very litte, think this might cause a little rationing. Hell, yes.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=506199

Last edited:
The headline of this thread is a lie.

The article says that 45% of doctors would "consider" quitting. This can mean absolutely anything. Next time, read what you're throwing against the wall.

IBD polling, great article. We keep hearing the propaganda from the Obama care nuts, stating that the AMA is in full support of this. Well apparently many physicians don't quite want to go along with this plan. Consider this, if 45% of our physicians retire or quit the profession and we add an additional 30 million newly insured people, how much access are you going to have? very litte, think this might cause a little rationing. Hell, yes.

Investors.com - 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

Quit and go where? And why should I believe a news source so obviously biased toward the Health Care Industry that is so determined to keep America from having a real health care system.

Investors.com - 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

Hmmmm ...

This smells like a fat pile of bull shit to me.

The article says that 45% of doctors would "consider" quitting. This can mean absolutely anything. Next time, read what you're throwing against the wall.
yes, the headline is deceptive and not the same headline the story has

but this part is more troubling

The IBD/TIPP Poll was conducted by mail the past two weeks, with 1,376 practicing physicians chosen randomly throughout the country taking part. Responses are still coming in, and doctors' positions on related topics — including the impact of an overhaul on senior care, medical school applications and drug development — will be covered later in this series.

they are releasing INCOMPLETE data?
thats not only irresponsible, it's stupid

IBD polls are about as accurate and reliable as Sarah Palin's foreign policy experience. IBD = irritable bowel disease

Also, IBD's surveys have a history of being poorly designed.
Looking at the survey questions, a lot of them are written in a loaded matter.
Also, their presidential election polling had McCain winning the youth vote 74-22.

I find it very curious, that instead of getting physicians, insurance people, business people, accountants, together we have a bunch of no-nothing, never-did nothings, attempting to write legislation that they know NOTHING about, any wonder why both these plans are dead on arrival.

If any of these 2 plans were the cure all for health care reform, you would have physicians selling it all over the country. I have not seen one that's got up and promoted either one of these plans. I am very skeptical that until they bring the REAL professionals on board they will get no-where on either plan, or have a good one in the end.

The President keeps touting that the AMA is behind his plan, when you consider that the AMA only represents 18% of physicians it represents the MINORITY of physicians and not the MAJORITY.

The physicians I see are not AMA members.

Last edited:
I did read it. It may not be fact now, but it is something that we should all be a little concerned about. I have not known IBD to be a bogus institution and if you have some links that demonstrate they are then please provide them.

Then you might try and lighten up a little bit, it's better for your health. Keeps you away from the doctor.

Last edited:

I find it very curious, that instead of getting physicians, insurance people, business people, accountants, together we have a bunch of no-nothing, never-did nothings, attempting to write legislation that they know NOTHING about, any wonder why both these plans are dead on arrival.

If any of these 2 plans were the cure all for health care reform, you would have physicians selling it all over the country. I have not seen one that's got up and promoted either one of these plans. I am very skeptical that until they bring the REAL professionals on board they will get no-where on either plan, or have a good one in the end.

The President keeps touting that the AMA is behind his plan, when you consider that the AMA only represents 18% of physicians it represents the MINORITY of physicians and not the MAJORITY.

The physicians I see are not AMA members.

Physicians are scared to death to say anything. Good God, if they tell you that you might try an alternate treatment other than what is fully accepted by the drug companies, they can lose their license. There is some protection in this fact, that it prevents true quacks from calling themselves physicians, but at the same time, we are prevented from being exposed to alternative options that in many cases are effective.

you can't afford to lose even 45% of 45%. you cannot afford to lose any.

There's already a thread about this:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...are/88378-poll-most-doctors-favor-public.html

I pretty definitively showed it to be false. Even fox news, who ran the story, stated it was not scientific, and other legitimate unbiased studies have gotten vastly different opinions.

fnc-20090916-poll.jpg

I can make up statistics too.

87% of dumb hicks believe any statistic that uneducated biased Americans throw at them.

There's already a thread about this:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...are/88378-poll-most-doctors-favor-public.html

I pretty definitively showed it to be false. Even fox news, who ran the story, stated it was not scientific, and other legitimate unbiased studies have gotten vastly different opinions.

fnc-20090916-poll.jpg

I can make up statistics too.

87% of dumb hicks believe any statistic that uneducated biased Americans throw at them.

That they'd even run such a poll shows how illegitimate they are.

they are releasing INCOMPLETE data?
thats not only irresponsible, it's stupid

Mail can be good but can be pretty biased. People who don't have a strong opinion generally will not respond to a mail-in poll.

To get a better sample, they should call the doctors and ask them directly.
that wasnt my point
they admit they are STILL getting results
that means the poll is incomplete

Forum List

Back