45 Business Groups Say "No" to Tariffs

I sure hope so.

I don't want higher taxes.

No chance of that with the Trump , just higher prices for everything.

Prices have been rising OUT OF SIGHT for quite some time now------probably mostly during Obama's time. I do not
blame Obama. I do not understand economics. Taxes is
not the ONLY ISSUE------sheeeeesh

the average rate of inflation during obama's presidency was under 1.2%

trump is at 2.1% and climbing

Historical Inflation Rates: 1914-2018

lets wait for the AVERAGE

and feck that 'chamber of commerce' , they are partialy responsible for the flood of imported people into the USA . That flood of imported third worlder was designed to keep wages low for Americans eh ?? ------------------------- edit to add , -------- plus to muck up a nicely and lightly populated country full of AMERICANS .

I do not understand economics------I think Trump is trying really HARD to improve that USA economy
Irosie91, I think Trump is trying really HARD to improve Trump family's finances. I'm unaware of any prior president so openly favoring his own family's finances rather than the nation's economy.

Respectfully, Supposn

These groups, including the Chamber of Commerce, said that imposition of widespread tariffs against China would be harmful to themselves and the to US economy.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and 44 other associations are urging President Donald Trump not to impose sweeping tariffs in response to China’s trade practices, warning the action would “trigger a chain reaction of negative consequences for the U.S. economy.” ...​
Toro, I will not speculate on USA's numbers of enterprises or of commercial or academic associations. But the numbers 45 business groups and 44 associations substantially devoted to economic issues round out to effectively 0% of business groups and such associations.

I certainly do not contend truth is determined by “a show of hands” but rather it is indicated by logical analysis.

Annual trade deficits are always net detrimental to their nation's gross domestic product; anything detrimental to a nation's annual GDP also drags upon its numbers of jobs. Thus USA's chronic annual trade deficits of goods (that has consistently occurred in excess of a half century), has been more than otherwise been net detrimental to our nation's annual economies. This has been true during years of better and of lesser annual USA economic performances.

Respectfully, Supposn

These groups, including the Chamber of Commerce, said that imposition of widespread tariffs against China would be harmful to themselves and the to US economy.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and 44 other associations are urging President Donald Trump not to impose sweeping tariffs in response to China’s trade practices, warning the action would “trigger a chain reaction of negative consequences for the U.S. economy.” ...​
Toro, I will not speculate on USA's numbers of enterprises or of commercial or academic associations. But the numbers 45 business groups and 44 associations substantially devoted to economic issues round out to effectively 0% of business groups and such associations.

I certainly do not contend truth is determined by “a show of hands” but rather it is indicated by logical analysis.

Annual trade deficits are always net detrimental to their nation's gross domestic product; anything detrimental to a nation's annual GDP also drags upon its numbers of jobs. Thus USA's chronic annual trade deficits of goods (that has consistently occurred in excess of a half century), has been more than otherwise been net detrimental to our nation's annual economies. This has been true during years of better and of lesser annual USA economic performances.

Respectfully, Supposn

The Chamber of Commerce represents 3 million businesses. It is the primary spokesgroup of business in the country, and accounts for the largest economic output in the US.

A trade deficit is neither a positive nor a negative to an economy. It is an outcome. This is Econ 101.

I do not understand economics------I think Trump is trying really HARD to improve that USA economy

you're right

you don't understand economics

ok-----If I had taken a course-----I would know-----
I never did------I aced calculus----does that count?

Well, you should be really good at calculating the damages, at least after the fact.

so true----the proof is in the pudding

... A trade deficit is neither a positive nor a negative to an economy. It is an outcome. This is Econ 101.
Toro, annual trade deficits are always detrimental to their nation's GDP; thus they're also generally detrimental to their numbers of jobs.

That's not an opinion but a fact based upon the balance of trade component within the expenditure formula that's the most commonly used method of GDP calculation.

The GDP expenditure formula is the conventional formula used by statistician and economist communities throughout the world. All U.S. Government's references to GDP are based upon that formula; Calculation of national GDP by any other other formula that could have been credible, if not directly, then indirectly consequentially are similarly affected by the nation's balance of trade.

Annual trade Surpluses, (positive trade balances) contribute; annual trade deficits, (negative trade balances) reduce their nation's annual GDP.

[Refer to the Encyclopedia Britannica GDP article].

Note trade surpluses' contributions and trade deficits' reductions proportional to their nations' GDPs are to some extent greater than the proportion of their nations' balances of trade to their GDPs.

Balance of trade's understatements occur when production supporting goods and services are not entirely reflected within the prices of nation's globally traded products. To those extents balance of trades' proportional contributions to the GDPs of trade surplus nations, or detriments to the GDPs of trade deficit nations are understated.

Respectfully, Supposn

The Chamber of Commerce represents 3 million businesses. It is the primary spokesgroup of business in the country, and accounts for the largest economic output in the US. ...
Toro, enterprises, not individuals are essentially the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's membership. All enterprises that are members of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce are not equal members.

USA enterprises are not a homogenized group. They, similar to many large groups, differ from each other. The majority of USA enterprises are not members of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce; thus, members are not typical of USA enterprises. The organization does not represent the nation's enterprises, or the nation's voters, or the nation's population.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is not a democracy and it better reflects the aims of the wealthiest global corporations.

Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back