44% of Congress Millionaires

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Of the 535 Senate and House members 237 are millionaires.

Among the top 25 wealthiest legislators, which includes... Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein and Olympia Snowe... The limousine liberals pull out ahead with 14 to the Republicans 11.

Report: 237 millionaires in Congress - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Ya think members of the Senate and House will exempt themselves from paying taxes on the health care bill...?

Think there is already a thread about this. :razz: But yeah ... anyone who thinks politicians care about them are fools, any politician, even Obama, is in it only for their pocket books. ;)

They've exempted themselves from Social Security taxes. Why not?

I can't imagine they'd be that dumb. The taxes they pay will be far less than the money they will make off future bailouts. And when socialized medicine becomes a reality, they will still have the money to buy "extra" coverage for themselves, or go to Canada for surgery. :eusa_whistle:

I can't imagine they'd be that dumb. The taxes they pay will be far less than the money they will make off future bailouts. And when socialized medicine becomes a reality, they will still have the money to buy "extra" coverage for themselves, or go to Canada for surgery. :eusa_whistle:

Try India or Taiwan. ;)

Congress has been paying into Social Security for 25 years, where have you been?

Among the top 25 wealthiest legislators, which includes... Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein and Olympia Snowe... The limousine liberals pull out ahead with 14 to the Republicans 11.

Ya think members of the Senate and House will exempt themselves from paying taxes on the health care bill...?

I don't know whether you noticed, but being a millionaire is no longer a big deal.

I would wonder why all members are not millionaires

again, I wonder if they were millionaires before they got to congress or is this millionaires club funded at the taxpayers expense. Why don't they pay social security taxes again?

again, I wonder if they were millionaires before they got to congress or is this millionaires club funded at the taxpayers expense. Why don't they pay social security taxes again?

I believe the answer is that the DO pay social security taxes and have been for 25 years

I believe the answer is that the DO pay social security taxes and have been for 25 years

so the person who said they exempted themselves from social security was wrong?

Yes they technically do pay social security taxes, but in addition to drawing the benefits they get congressional benefits free of any contribution on their part, far in excess of ordinary citizens. It seems to many that this is not really the same as their being a part of the system they foist on the rest of us. Eh?

Republicans apparently aren't good with money.

Perhaps ... it's because they pay more of their bills. ;)

Yes they technically do pay social security taxes, but in addition to drawing the benefits they get congressional benefits free of any contribution on their part, far in excess of ordinary citizens. It seems to many that this is not really the same as their being a part of the system they foist on the rest of us. Eh?

Can you expand on your wild rant?

They pay for social security, they pay for health insurance

What personal benefits do they get without contributing?

And thus the problem with american politics. Those we elect to lead have NO CLUE as to the real problems that face the average working american.

ALWAYS VOTE---NEVER RE-ELECT

It is not called "bailouts"--it is called "Kick backs" and we can't investigate them because they control the rules and regulations surrounding their ability to be investigated.

Even the Presidet have less personal rights than a House member. More security and Repsonsiblity, but less individual rights.

I started a thread about this yesterday. Anyway, interesting stuff. I guess the threads will get merged.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/94292-report-237-millionaires-in-congress.html

Perhaps ... it's because they pay more of their bills. ;)

Yeah, we all know that democrats only become millionaires from living off their welfare checks and food stamps. Seriously why dont these millionaires get off their lazy asses and find jobs.

so we are dogging on the people who handle a large amount of tax dollars for being able to make money in their private lives? Don't we want them to know how to make money and manage that money?

Forum List

Back