.44 magnum is not a self defense round

Long as he diddnt get 6 rounds of full house 180 grain in your chest!
Of course he wouldn't. I am not stupid. Despite grandpa gunslinger's odd little fantasies, people don't slowly walk up to you and tell you they are going to knock your ass out to rob you. And anyway, it's more likely I'll be the one acting in self defense, when he has a little hissy and reaches for his hip cannon.

yep, one quick swing... grandpa's brains on the wall, all his guns in my pockets.

I doubt he carries them all when he goes out. Are you saying you could break into his home and knock his brains out and then collect his guns?

Long as he diddnt get 6 rounds of full house 180 grain in your chest!
Of course he wouldn't. I am not stupid. Despite grandpa gunslinger's odd little fantasies, people don't slowly walk up to you and tell you they are going to knock your ass out to rob you. And anyway, it's more likely I'll be the one acting in self defense, when he has a little hissy and reaches for his hip cannon.

yep, one quick swing... grandpa's brains on the wall, all his guns in my pockets.

You know nothing about situational awareness, judging someone's character by their demeanor, they way they're acting, or where their hands are. Most people who carry don't walk down the street with their face in a phone, texting messages.

Trust me, I know about this. All it took was pushing back my coat and putting my had on the visible pistol, and they made a nice wide detour around me.
Of course, that's a lie and never happened. But I would definitely sneak up on you and crack you one, then take what i wanted....if i chose to do so.

So your knock against guns is that they are not an effective defense against someone sneaking up behind you and cracking you in the head with a baseball bat?

What, pray tell, is an effective defense against such cowardly acts? Martial arts training will not help. Calling 911 will not stop it. Even if cops are close by, they will not be able to stop it. So what is the point of your argument?

Eyes in the back of your head.

It's a great self-defense round in a short-barreled S&W, but the limited capacity of most revolver's cylinders make them a bad choice. I wouldn't want to get shot at while I was trying to reload.

Glock 19 with 15 in the mag, one in the chamber, and two spare magazines is a better choice.

I'll take my FNX Tactical .45 with 16 rounds.
FNX-45-Tactical-618x412.jpg

Those are pretty pistols, especially in the FDE color.

I talked to a police officer this weekend while he was in a Kwik-Trip store buying a box of doughnuts (insert joke here).

He was carrying an FN and said all of La Cross's police officers were using them. They're thinking of changing over to Glocks though.

The thing is a tack driver and has never jammed through the thousands of rounds I've put through it.

Maybe I should change from the Glock 19 I'm carrying. It doesn't seem to be all that accurate.

They're a little pricey.
As shown expect to pay around $2000 to $2200

Yeesh! Out of teh budget!

It's a great self-defense round in a short-barreled S&W, but the limited capacity of most revolver's cylinders make them a bad choice. I wouldn't want to get shot at while I was trying to reload.

Glock 19 with 15 in the mag, one in the chamber, and two spare magazines is a better choice.

If the fight is still going after firing 6 rounds, you should have spent more time at the range. Hit someone with a 9mm and there is a chance they keep fighting. Especially if they are wearing body armor. But even with body armor, a hit to the body with a .44 Magnum will put them down. It may only be cracked ribs and an inability to draw a breath, but the threat is gone.

Is there face and neck body armor? :uhh:

Forum List

Back