43 years ago today

the Vineyard is the same as Nantucket, lots and lots of charm and old Victorian homes or classic cedar shake capes....down town shops and a few good beaches.... plus on the vineyard you can visit all the spots from the movie.....

My silly husband knows every word from every character in the movie.... and probably knows every word in Jaws2 as well! :lol: Oh my gosh...... he's really good at it too....he can mimic every character's voice too... not just the words.....! :eek:

We got to use a house owned by a friend's family for free. It's about 100 yards from the Kerry/Heinz place. They described it as a "cabin". So we get there and the damn thing is two stories, four bedrooms, around 3,000 sf with this awesome front porch with a swing.

Found a couple of amazing seafood restaurants too - and in for mid-October we had great weather other than a rainy day on arrival. We rented bikes and rode to the other side of the island to find a massive white sand beach with sand dunes and not another soul. Gotta dig up my pics and will post a few one of these days.

43 years ago TODAY!

After I saw the movie, I took my sister to go see it. She should have suspected foul play immediately. I was coiled and ready as the "Hooper Finds Ben Gardener's Boat" scene played. When the head appeared in the hole, I grabbed my sisters arm. She screamed louder than anyone in the theater.

Bwahahahaha

Once that classic music was matched with the shark’s eye view of the hunt, the audience suspense level just kept growing and growing

And the score has been and endless source of parodies.

From the movie "1941", Spielberg spoofing Spielberg with Susan Backlinie:

43 years ago TODAY!

After I saw the movie, I took my sister to go see it. She should have suspected foul play immediately. I was coiled and ready as the "Hooper Finds Ben Gardener's Boat" scene played. When the head appeared in the hole, I grabbed my sisters arm. She screamed louder than anyone in the theater.

Bwahahahaha

:rofl: hahaha! Meany!!!!!! If you were my brother I would have nipped you upside of the head!!!

I was half way through a couple months of diving school. Saw Jaws, finished diver training off the beach at Cannery Row in Monterey, then headed to Santa Barbara for a weekend of diving off the Channel Islands on the dive ship Coral Sea. Yes we saw sharks and yes we went the other way.

The scene in the movie where Chrissie is attacked at night on the water, they had a harness attached to her and a cable from the right side that went to the beach and a cable from the left side that went to the beach. On each end of the cable 4 mean pulling her back and forth as seen in the film. Unfortunately they miscalculated the force it would put on her body with so many men pulling against the water and she broke 4 or more ribs as they were pulling her violently back and forth. Spielberg left her real screams in the movie where you hear her scream and yell 'oh god it hurts'.

In the top ten of my favorite movies still and it was scary as hell the first time watching it.

the Vineyard is the same as Nantucket, lots and lots of charm and old Victorian homes or classic cedar shake capes....down town shops and a few good beaches.... plus on the vineyard you can visit all the spots from the movie.....

My silly husband knows every word from every character in the movie.... and probably knows every word in Jaws2 as well! :lol: Oh my gosh...... he's really good at it too....he can mimic every character's voice too... not just the words.....! :eek:

We got to use a house owned by a friend's family for free. It's about 100 yards from the Kerry/Heinz place. They described it as a "cabin". So we get there and the damn thing is two stories, four bedrooms, around 3,000 sf with this awesome front porch with a swing.

Found a couple of amazing seafood restaurants too - and in for mid-October we had great weather other than a rainy day on arrival. We rented bikes and rode to the other side of the island to find a massive white sand beach with sand dunes and not another soul. Gotta dig up my pics and will post a few one of these days.
We rent bikes as well to get around the island because we leave our car at the ferry debarkation port....and we also get bus passes for the week to get around to the other towns on the island.....

Forum List

Back