~43% Of World’s Electric Cars Bought In 2014

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
~43% Of World’s Electric Cars Bought In 2014
April 19th, 2015 by Zachary Shahan

world electric car market was up to 740,000 at the end of 2014. Other cool stats noted there included:

• China saw 54,000 electric cars registered in 2014, a growth of 120%.
  • The US grew 69% to hit 290,000 total electric cars, about 39% of all electric cars on the road.
  • Japan grew 45% to hit 110,000 total electric cars.
  • The overall global electric car market saw a growth of 76%.
However, we missed sharing a big one, but thanks to reve putting it in a headline and a hat tip from Bob Wallace, we’re getting it now. Actually, you just saw it in the title: ~43% of the world’s electric cars were bought in 2014.

Another stat reve pulled out of the report was that Norway’s 43,400 electric car fleet (which was approximately doubled in 2014) now makes up ~1.6% of the country’s cars. For more on why, see:

Good!!! Go!! Go!!! Go!!!

43 Of World s Electric Cars Bought In 2014 CleanTechnica

You see? Companies invest in science and technology and people will vote with their dollars when the time is right. We don't need government to do it all for us.

I don't have an electric car, maybe someday but I did recently buy and electric cordless lawn mower.

I have a Prius ... And just bought a new Armada to offset the fuel consumption deficit.
It was nice getting 45 miles to gallon in the Prius ... But it couldn't haul the boat for shit.

In 50 years they'll be laughing at us and our gasoline powered cars.

I will be laughing at their electric car from the middle of the lake this weekend.
The Prius had an amazing amount of room it ... And in the summer I could get up to 51 miles per gallon.
I live out in the sticks ... And still use it to run to the grocery store or take the garbage to the dump.

Edit:
It is getting close to graduation time around here though.
I might give the Prius away to some kid going to college away from home.

Last edited:
Actually, get the batteries with 4 times the capacity of the present batteries, and you will see pickups and vans that are EV's. An EV pickup would be the ideal tow vehicle, with all the torque at the low end.

Actually, get the batteries with 4 times the capacity of the present batteries, and you will see pickups and vans that are EV's. An EV pickup would be the ideal tow vehicle, with all the torque at the low end.

Well that isn't the case ... And not on the market.
Personally I don't give a rat's rear what they say they can do ... I want to go to the lake this weekend.

As part of the general disclaimer as well ... The Prius (especially the battery) was not inexpensive either.
If a vehicle has four times the battery ... Then it would be safe to say that it would at least have 3 times the cost.
If that were the case ... A flex fuel or standard fuel vehicle would a much better buy ... And I am not paying over $100k for an utility vehicle.

We have heard these arguments before ... And it doesn't matter if an electric hauler can drag an airplane around the tarmac ... I am not driving it to dinner.

LOL. Well, I would be damned happy to drive a Tesla P85D to dinner. Especially if I owned it.

Won't haul the boat or make it to the camp.
My Armada will do both ... And make it to dinner just fine.

... What fun is going to dinner if you don't work up an appetite first?

New Topics

Forum List

Back