43% Increase in Healthcare Premium for Me in 2012. How Bad Is Yours?

Walking into a doctors office is pretty much like going onto a flight. They will charge you for everything ! Including breathing,speaking,and using the restroom. God forbid you complain about the long wait {thats an extra $50..}

Nearly 18 million uninsured lived in households with annual incomes above $50,000.

• Up to 14 million uninsured adults and children qualify for government programs but are not enrolled.

• Some 12 million uninsured are non-citizens.

• About 18 million 18-to-34-year olds are uninsured, most likely because they are young and healthy – health insurance is a low priority for them.
Health reform requires close scrutiny - Bonney Lake-Sumner Courier-Herald

Aggregate HC costs are going to continue to rise, folks, so just get used to it.

As long as people are living longer to need still more HC in their aging futures and as long as HC keeps gettign bettr but more expensive to do so, too, the cost of HC is going to keep climbing faster than most other things we spend our dough on.

We cannot blame the GOP for this or the DEMS, either.

Yes, believe it or not, fellow Americans, not everything that sucks has to do with partisan politics!

I don't have health insurance.

I won't pay someone to lobby Congress to deny me coverage.
That is what is known as a "choice"..One you will no longer have if Obamacare remains intact.
You'll be fined by the federal government if you do not purchase a plan from the exchange.
How about that for "free" healthcare.

That is what is known as a "choice"..One you will no longer have if Obamacare remains intact.
You'll be fined by the federal government if you do not purchase a plan from the exchange.

I think healthcare reform is a good idea.

Everyone should pay into the system.

But it should be a combination of public and private insurance like the French have.

France also demonstrates that you can deliver stellar results with this mix of public and private financing. In a recent World Health Organization health-care ranking, France came in first, while the U.S. scored 37th, slightly better than Cuba and one notch above Slovenia. France's infant death rate is 3.9 per 1,000 live births, compared with 7 in the U.S., and average life expectancy is 79.4 years, two years more than in the U.S. The country has far more hospital beds and doctors per capita than America, and far lower rates of death from diabetes and heart disease. The difference in deaths from respiratory disease, an often preventable form of mortality, is particularly striking: 31.2 per 100,000 people in France, vs. 61.5 per 100,000 in the U.S.

That's not to say the French have solved all health-care riddles. Like every other nation, France is wrestling with runaway health-care inflation. That has led to some hefty tax hikes, and France is now considering U.S.-style health-maintenance organization tactics to rein in costs. Still, some 65% of French citizens express satisfaction with their system, compared with 40% of U.S. residents. And France spends just 10.7% of its gross domestic product on health care, while the U.S. lays out 16%, more than any other nation.

The French Lesson in Health Care

Send your suggestions for regulations and cost controls to your bought off Pub rep's- if you're against NHC, you're a brainwashed MORON. tyvm

At least they have brains to wash. In your case, it is just a hollow sphere on top of your shoulders.

Can you type more than two sentences...and I use the word senstences lightly....in a post ?

France also demonstrates that you can deliver stellar results with this mix of public and private financing. In a recent World Health Organization health-care ranking, France came in first, while the U.S. scored 37th, slightly better than Cuba and one notch above Slovenia. France's infant death rate is 3.9 per 1,000 live births, compared with 7 in the U.S., and average life expectancy is 79.4 years, two years more than in the U.S. The country has far more hospital beds and doctors per capita than America, and far lower rates of death from diabetes and heart disease. The difference in deaths from respiratory disease, an often preventable form of mortality, is particularly striking: 31.2 per 100,000 people in France, vs. 61.5 per 100,000 in the U.S.

That's not to say the French have solved all health-care riddles. Like every other nation, France is wrestling with runaway health-care inflation. That has led to some hefty tax hikes, and France is now considering U.S.-style health-maintenance organization tactics to rein in costs. Still, some 65% of French citizens express satisfaction with their system, compared with 40% of U.S. residents. And France spends just 10.7% of its gross domestic product on health care, while the U.S. lays out 16%, more than any other nation.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah.....

France is number one in a ranking system that weights availability very highly. We are 37th. That should give you a clue right there.

There is no better place to get health care, if you can afford it, than the United States.

I love the statistical smell you throw up. Nations don't report the same things so it is often an apples and oranges comparison....but you know this, yet chose to barf up this tripe anyway. Our life expectancy ranking is pulled down by the fact that we have a certain demongraphic that somehow finds it necessary to kill each other.

And on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.........

In my 34 year career, I've not had one dime contributed towards my health insurance.
However- I have often taken advantage of self-employment health insurance premium tax deductions. Little consolation I assure you.

But it should be a combination of public and private insurance like the French have.

SO no single payer?

Is this thread a joke?

Latest survey finds health benefit cost growth for 2012 likely to be the lowest in 15 years

United States
New York , 21 September 2011

Early responses from a Mercer survey still in the field suggest that the average growth in health benefit cost will slow to 5.4% in 2012, the smallest increase since 1997. Still, cost growth remains well above both general inflation and growth in workers’ earnings (see Fig. 1).

While this increase reflects cost-cutting changes employers will make to their current health benefit programs, such as raising deductibles or moving employees into lower-cost health plans, the preliminary survey findings released today by Mercer suggest that the underlying trend has slowed as well. Asked how much cost would rise if they made no changes to their current plans, employers reported an average increase of 7.1%. Over the past five years, this underlying health benefit cost trend has been running at about 9%.
2012 health benefit cost growth likely to be lower

SO no single payer?

No exclusive single payer.

But there is more to it than that. The French do a lot of very smart cost saving things.

Their medical schools are MUCH cheaper than ours so their doctors don't come out of school hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. And because the schools are cheaper, they have many more doctors per capita than we do. More doctors means cheaper services.

Likewise because everyone gets a basic level of insurance, they have fewer lawsuits than we do, and they limit damages. The precious tort reform that Republicans love.

Read the article. We can learn from what other countries do better than we do.

The French Lesson In Health Care

No way will any insurance company cover for example again an example..
smokers and non-smokers for the same premium.

Insurers can still rate on tobacco use. That means smokers and non-smokers don't pay the same premium.

That brings me to a question. Does anyone here know how long you have to wait to get non-smoker premiums after quitting smoking? I quit three months ago, and I've read due to the type of test you must pass, usually you need to wait a full year.

Once I get the non-smoker rate, my premiums will be cut by about 25%.

Can't respect anyone who chooses not to purchase health insurance when they can afford to, doesn't matter what your political beliefs. If you get sick, all of us who do pay for insurance will end up subsidizing you and that is just wrong in my book. And for anyone who says if they can't afford it they'll just go without treatment and die, well, they are basically full of shit.

Some FACTS:
France population 20% size of USA​
USA population 5 times larger France, growing 50% more..​
France migrants 1.45/1,000 - USA has 4 times that!​

The true facts are that when they started to talk about what would become Obamacare, the Idea was to lower costs, to make health care more affordable.

Somewhere along the way it turned into a monstrous power grab and will cost us all much much more.

Obamacare needs repealed in it's entirety and they need to start over with the goals of lowering costs kept in mind................

Forum List

Back