43% Increase in Healthcare Premium for Me in 2012. How Bad Is Yours?

do any of your doctors charge you just to sit down and wait to be spoken too? or charge to use the restroom while waiting to see the doctor? what next? will they charge the male patients for every minute they fantasize with the sexy receptionist?

If I didn’t have side income from blogging I’d be pretty pissed each year when we get our new benefits options for the next year. I guess it’s downgraded to just being annoyed and not “pissed”. I understand that healthcare costs continue to exceed the rate of inflation. So, inflation’s 3%, healthcare rises 6%. That’s not sustainable forever, but that’s the current rate of increase nationally. But 43% year over year increase? WTF! Clearly, our firm either continues to work with the wrong healthcare providers or we have some really bad negotiators each year acting on behalf of our employees….OR the company just wants to continue to cut costs. 43% is the increase for the same healthcare option we were in last year. I’m comparing apples to apples. 43%

read more 43% Increase in Healthcare Premium for Me in 2012. How Bad Is Yours? « The Burning Platform
These costs are in anticipation of having to deal with the increased costs of Obamacare.
Our's is going down but our coverage is also less.
We now have a $2,000 per year deductible per person up from a $25 co-pay and it covers only 80% down from 100%.
No co pays. Since we have few medical issues, we are essentially without insurance because we will pay for everything out of pocket.
Thanks democrats. You fucking assholes.

I work in health care and I can tell you government regulations are costing us millions. I work for a not for profit so it certainly not profiteering it is just more expensive to meet hipaa and aca.
The federal government is going to put private health insurers out of business.
This President by far is the most business unfriendly in history.

If I didn’t have side income from blogging I’d be pretty pissed each year when we get our new benefits options for the next year. I guess it’s downgraded to just being annoyed and not “pissed”. I understand that healthcare costs continue to exceed the rate of inflation. So, inflation’s 3%, healthcare rises 6%. That’s not sustainable forever, but that’s the current rate of increase nationally. But 43% year over year increase? WTF! Clearly, our firm either continues to work with the wrong healthcare providers or we have some really bad negotiators each year acting on behalf of our employees….OR the company just wants to continue to cut costs. 43% is the increase for the same healthcare option we were in last year. I’m comparing apples to apples. 43%

read more 43% Increase in Healthcare Premium for Me in 2012. How Bad Is Yours? « The Burning Platform
These costs are in anticipation of having to deal with the increased costs of Obamacare.
We now have a $2,000 per year deductible per person up from a $25 co-pay and it covers only 80% down from 100%.
No co pays. Since we have few medical issues, we are essentially without insurance because we will pay for everything out of pocket.

In anticipation of Obamacare? That's funny.

What was the reason for increased premiums and decreased coverage every year in the two decades prior to Obama even being elected? Was that in anticipation of the anticpation of Obamacare?

You are a tool for the insurance comapanies.

People need to be charged by the pound for health ins as well since complications from obesity is the #2 killer in America.
And obesity is almost alwasy preventable, just as smoking is.
Yes both are addictions though.

Last edited:
definitely agree..The federal government is going to put private health insurers out of business. "
Obama has said:

“I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.”
Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 | Physicians for a National Health Program
So not only will he put them out of business but where will the $100 billion in federal,state,local and local property taxes come from a year these 1,400 companies pay?

In anticipation of Obamacare? That's funny.

What was the reason for increased premiums and decreased coverage every year in the two decades prior to Obama even being elected? Was that in anticipation of the anticpation of Obamacare?

You are a tool for the insurance comapanies.
The OP mentioned rising costs. Fool.
Fuck you.
You're a tool for those with room temperature IQ's.
Test tube baby.

People need to be charged by the pound for health ins as well since complications from obesity is the #2 killer in America.
And obesity is almost alwasy preventable, just as smoking is.
Yes both are addictions though.
Yes. What Obama described as "efficiency"...
In order to have a single payer system, most sefl inflicted health issues would have to be excluded from coverage.
So drug and alcohol addictions can no longer be qualified as a disease.
Obesity from over eating and lack of exercise which is now treated as a disability would be nixed.
Health bureaucrats will be opening family history records looking for history of abusive and impulsive behaviors that result in need for medical treatments. They will also be excluding people who's families have histories of heart disease and cancer.
Don't think so? HA. Have a look at the UK's "free" medical program.
Unless a person is in perfect health, people's live are put under great scrutiny.
Under single payer there no doubt have to be a form of "behavior police".

Americans who take excellent care of themselves should not even have to buy insurance. If anything the government should pay us for being non-smokers and "Non-Lazy-Fat-Alcohlic Pigs". yet O'Bozo want the healthy to pay for the non-healthy. So Unfair! and he wants the young and very healthy to buy health-care ,,no option for them to pay their own way? what happened to freedom?

Costs went up 15%/YEAR under Boooosh- at least now they can't cut you off, etc. Finally getting these A-holes under control- deductions have been going up for years.

Americans who take excellent care of themselves should not even have to buy insurance. If anything the government should pay us for being non-smokers and "Non-Lazy-Fat-Alcohlic Pigs". yet O'Bozo want the healthy to pay for the non-healthy. So Unfair! and he wants the young and very healthy to buy health-care ,,no option for them to pay their own way? what happened to freedom?
Here's the rub on that. Many of the so-called 40 million (pick a number) uninsured were young professionals, single with middle to high incomes who've elected to not buy insurance coverage. Under Obamacare they will have to or pay a large yearly fine. They end up paying anyway.
The goal is for the government to get their money.
That's all Obamacare is, a money grab.
Care will become MUCH more expensive, rationed and of lower quality.

Here's the rub on that. Many of the so-called 40 million (pick a number) uninsured were young professionals, single with middle to high incomes who've elected to not buy insurance coverage. Under Obamacare they will have to or pay a large yearly fine. They end up paying anyway.
The goal is for the government to get their money.
That's all Obamacare is, a money grab.
Care will become MUCH more expensive, rationed and of lower quality.

Sure, Pub dupe. LOL! ALL neutral experts and CBO says Pubs lie like rugs...

You can call that the "Obama premium."

Or you could call it guaranteed health insurance for the first time, and greedy lying health insurers fucking you for close to the last time.. Obamacare starts Jan 1, 2014.

Last edited:
I don't have health insurance.

I won't pay someone to lobby Congress to deny me coverage.

Forum List

Back