410,302 in the week ending May 29, an increase of 3,427 from the previous week

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIMS UNADJUSTED DATA. OH BOY.

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 410,302 in the week ending May 29, an increase of 3,427 from the previous week.

SADLY, WE ARE SO CLOSE TO TURNING THE CORNER ON THIS DEPRESSION, yet, it looks like we are starting to fall backwards. We have never had a recovery, but we almost made it to where we were generating more jobs that there were increases in the Labor Pool.

There is a group here, and you probably already know this, that won't take you seriously just because your avitar is a pic of you shirtless. As long as it's not some irritating, flashing GIF, I don't care.

About your post, I heard good one the other day about the economy and the employment picture:

Recession: Your neighbor is out of a job.
Depression: You are out of a job.
Recovery: Barack Obama is out of a job.

:lol:

We are still seeing two million a month filing Initial Claims for Unemployment Insurance. That should be very frightening to people when they realize all of the hundreds of Billions that the government has spent to supposedly try to turn this economy around.

That money is not creating jobs other than for the Census. You note that the DOL with all of their lies heaped upon lies heaped upon more lies even admits that the Labor Pool is about where it was last year. With the population rapidly increasing, the Labor Pool should be increasing, too.

Last edited:
There is a group here, and you probably already know this, that won't take you seriously just because your avitar is a pic of you shirtless. As long as it's not some irritating, flashing GIF, I don't care.

About your post, I heard good one the other day about the economy and the employment picture:

As regards the avatar, as long as the creeps and nerds are bothered by the photo, I will keep it up. Nothing amuses me more than the losers of society trying to find things wrong with other people or photos or religion or culture or......

As regards the second comment. That was funny.

As I have been saying for two years now.

Census-Driven Rise In Jobs Offers Little Comfort
Forbes - Carl Gutierrez - ‎31 minutes ago‎
May payrolls add 431000, but the lion's share comes from temporary hiring by the federal government. The jobs market in the US maintained its upward trajectory in May, but the slow pace of improvement provides cold comfort to the many Americans who ...
US Added 431000 Jobs in May, Mostly From Census New York Times
Private Sector Added Only 41000 Jobs Wall Street Journal

Yeah, it's all his fault. September 11, 2001 was all Bush's fault. The mortgage crisis was all Clinton's fault. Hardly.

Get educated. Please.

Yeah, it's all his fault. September 11, 2001 was all Bush's fault. The mortgage crisis was all Clinton's fault. Hardly.

Get educated. Please.

Maggie, you and I agree on this point. There is no specific blame that goes to one political party. Anybody who claims that is a fool.

If we are to blame let it be the greed that seems to have overtaken the businesses of America, and the governmental process in Washington. We need to clean the whole mess up, yet nobody want to take the first step.

Go get your last bag of popcorn.
This movie is almost over.
Nobody wants to face it but you are going down. Bigtime !

I wish I had a dollar for every time people thought that over the last half-century and more, just because of tough times. We've weathered worse storms; we'll weather this one too.

Get educated. Please.

Maggie, you and I agree on this point. There is no specific blame that goes to one political party. Anybody who claims that is a fool.

If we are to blame let it be the greed that seems to have overtaken the businesses of America, and the governmental process in Washington. We need to clean the whole mess up, yet nobody want to take the first step.

While the blame for the causation may have many fathers, what ails us now is a vacuum of leadership and ideas. This is Obama's to do with as he will. I've yet to see any concrete results that show he is making any substantive progress in turning the economy around.

I do believe that he has followed and engaged in the type of economic policies that he believes in. However, the proof to whether or not they will work is in the pudding, as they say. And, this pudding tastes like shit!

Get educated. Please.

While the blame for the causation may have many fathers, what ails us now is a vacuum of leadership and ideas. This is Obama's to do with as he will. I've yet to see any concrete results that show he is making any substantive progress in turning the economy around.

I do believe that he has followed and engaged in the type of economic policies that he believes in. However, the proof to whether or not they will work is in the pudding, as they say. And, this pudding tastes like shit!

There were no promises it would be easy. In fact, there continue to be promises that economic recovery will be a long slog. The house of cards wasn't built in a year, and although it tumbled fast, it will take more than a year, or five, or even ten to build a new house. Hopefully not of cards, this time.

As regards the avatar, as long as the creeps and nerds are bothered by the photo, I will keep it up. Nothing amuses me more than the losers of society trying to find things wrong with other people or photos or religion or culture or......

Your avatar is stupid-looking!

There were no promises it would be easy. In fact, there continue to be promises that economic recovery will be a long slog. The house of cards wasn't built in a year, and although it tumbled fast, it will take more than a year, or five, or even ten to build a new house. Hopefully not of cards, this time.

It's completely inappropriate to attempt to give the present occupant of the white house a complete pass on having to provide leadership by saying it could take us 10 years to get out of this. The only other president to take more than 10 years to solve an economic crisis was FDR and he failed to do it for the same reasons, because that combination of policies will never solve anything. If WW II hadn't come around he would have been forever reviled as a failed president. But I digress.

Every economic calamity that has ever befallen this country was years in the making. That doesn't mean it takes a decade to turn it around. There are straight forward policies that are known that lead to prosperity. This president refuses to enact them because he disagrees with them.

I have been saying for years now that we need a strong stimulus to the economy. My pet project to divert Mississippi Missouri watershed to the West where millions or more acres could be put to cultivation needs to be implemented, now. We could put one to two million people to work, too, if only we tried. Those people working would put more people to work in a Service Sector Economy as we presently have.

Obama is not trying and history will blame him for being a do nothing president.

Last edited:

Your avatar is stupid-looking!
Just the same, I am one hell of a majestic man, vastly your DNA superior. Go cry in the corner you disgusting mutant.

Forum List

Back