41% of children born to unmarried mothers!

In that i agree with you. But my guess is that the offer of marriage in most of these cases is never offered.

Nobody should be forced to get married because of a child, because most of the time those marriages end in disaster. Its not healthy for a child to grow up watching his parents fight every day.

I am not even suggesting they should be married. What i am saying is that i doubt seriously that an the idea of marriage never comes or offered up when the pregnancy occurs.

I agree that children should not be subjected to fighting parents.

Well for some people it does, for some people it doesn't. Alot of people are not ready to be married because they don't want to be tied down to 1 person, just because you happen to get a girl pregnant, it does not mean you have to spend the rest of your life with her. Your responsiblity is for the child.

Nobody should be forced to get married because of a child, because most of the time those marriages end in disaster. Its not healthy for a child to grow up watching his parents fight every day.

I am not even suggesting they should be married. What i am saying is that i doubt seriously that an the idea of marriage never comes or offered up when the pregnancy occurs.

Well for some people it does, for some people it doesn't. Alot of people are not ready to be married because they don't want to be tied down to 1 person, just because you happen to get a girl pregnant, it does not mean you have to spend the rest of your life with her. Your responsiblity is for the child.

Isn't having a baby more or less "getting married" and more? That is being tied down to one person...the baby.

Doesn't having a baby (if you keep it) mean that you have to spend the rest of your life with that baby?

It all tells me one thing... Tells me that if they are not ready to be tied down to one person...they shouldn't be having a baby. If they are not ready to spend the rest of their life with someone..they are not ready to have a baby.

Marriage is about mutuality. Having children should be the same thing.

Isn't having a baby more or less "getting married" and more? That is being tied down to one person...the baby.

Doesn't having a baby (if you keep it) mean that you have to spend the rest of your life with that baby?

It all tells me one thing... Tells me that if they are not ready to be tied down to one person...they shouldn't be having a baby. If they are not ready to spend the rest of their life with someone..they are not ready to have a baby.

Marriage is about mutuality. Having children should be the same thing.

When you have a child that child will be yours for life, for better or worse. Of course people shouldn't have a child with someone they are not ready to be with but you know life doesn't work that way, unwanted pregnancies go back to the beginning of time and will always be there.

What about this other bad nugget! Our kids are fat, lazy, out of shape and stupid!!!

What's the matter with kids today? A great deal more than you might realize.

One-third are overweight or obese. Nearly a third drop out or can't finish high school in four years. All told, 75% are in such a poor state that they are ineligible for military service for reasons ranging from health to drugs to criminal records to lack of education.

Last month came bad news about the rest: 23% of those who try to enlist fail the basic entrance exam.

Let us hope you were not one of those slamming Michelle Obama for her anti-obesity campaign.

What about this other bad nugget! Our kids are fat, lazy, out of shape and stupid!!!

What's the matter with kids today? A great deal more than you might realize.

One-third are overweight or obese. Nearly a third drop out or can't finish high school in four years. All told, 75% are in such a poor state that they are ineligible for military service for reasons ranging from health to drugs to criminal records to lack of education.

Last month came bad news about the rest: 23% of those who try to enlist fail the basic entrance exam.

Let us hope you were not one of those slamming Michelle Obama for her anti-obesity campaign.

Nope I applaud her for it. Only political hacks would bash her for such a noble cause. He have an epidemic that needs to be addressed! I also applaud State governments that are pushing healthy lunchs at our public schools! Look they control the menu and they should make them healther. Low fat mayo, no soda pop, chicken sandwichs, low fat hamburger meat etc. Kids are alway free to bring their own food and if they are getting a free lunch and they complain, then have them do a semester in Ethopia, the Sudan or North Korea and see if they ever turn down a healthy lunch again!

Heck I remember when I was a kid I was required to drink a class of OJ and eat my eggs before leaving for school. At dinner I had to eat my veggies before I got my main course. I put up some huge fights, but always gave in! WTF, its little John and Jill not Prince John and Princess Jill!

Last edited:
Clue,

Unwed+Mothers+by+Race.jpg

Your right about the men Care.

The woman however has the right to say No.

Thats what more of them should be doing if their partner doesn't want to wear a condom.
The pill is the way to go .
never did like condoms its like washing your feet with your socks on :razz:

Thats what more of them should be doing if their partner doesn't want to wear a condom.

I agree. The pill is the best defense.

To bad more women don't use it. It sure would cut down on welfare costs.

I agree. The pill is the best defense.

To bad more women don't use it. It sure would cut down on welfare costs.

True, but than abortion also cuts down on welfare costs right?

Thats true except the pill can't protect you from STD's.

Bingo! So the bottom line is that it makes no difference if a woman is on the pill, men still need to use a condom.

Thats true except the pill can't protect you from STD's.

Bingo! So the bottom line is that it makes no difference if a woman is on the pill, men still need to use a condom.

Absolutely unless they are in a commited relationship and they know no one is sleeping with anyone else, should still use a condom if they don't want a baby though.

Forum List

Back