40th HS reunion notice - The Big One

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
practically every one goes to the 10th and20th reunions ( I did)

The 30th is mostly skipped.

The 40th is usually the last.

Probably see a bunch of strangers.....................................

I don't understand who would want to....

I certainly would never go to mine and have absolutely no desire to go to mine. I think the friends I keep in touch with from high school feel the same way.... We have our own reunions haha.... I could care less what others did with their lives... I have no desire to listen to 90's pop either - that would just be torture :lol:.

I had my 40th last summer. I hadn't gone to ANY of my reunions, but i figured it was time to just do it! And i was sooo glad i did!

What was nice was one of the girls set up a facebook page so anyone from our class could get together and we could see pictures of our families....and it helped a whole lot when i went to the reunion...a lot of the people i could actually recognize!! Lol! Another good thing was it was the same weekend that our town has their summerfest weekend...so after dinner and a lot of talking...most of us headed for the beer tent! We knew how to party! Lol!

I should have been in the class of 1971. Got held over from kindergarden (had to repeat) - teachers didnt think I was ready for the first grade. Recall being annoyed.

Would have been a young class of 71 - instead was an old class of 72.

I should have been in the class of 1971. Got held over from kindergarden (had to repeat) - teachers didnt think I was ready for the first grade. Recall being annoyed.

Same thing happened to me.... Would have been class of 98, instead I was class of 99.

I was only 4 when I started in our wonderful public school system. I beat the enrollment cutoff date by 3 days (then the law was changed shortly after). So instead of me being the youngest of my class of 1998 I was the oldest of class of 1999...

I didn't even go to my graduation and I burned my diploma - it was shit...

Same thing happened to me.... Would have been class of 98, instead I was class of 99.

...and 2000...and 2001...and 2002...and 2003...and...

Ive not gone to any, nor do i have any plans on going to any. If i had wanted to keep up with the people i went to HS with i would have kept up with them.

A question was posed to my husband about finding half of his class.... he gave the answer.... try San Quentin. He has no desire to attend any of his either.

My 30th is next year. IF I go I will go to the one in PA even though I did not graduate from that school..I went there from 1st grade to 11th.. When my dad went into the federal witness program( he is deceased so I can talk about it now) I got drug out of that school and moved to New Orleans . I did not know anyone. Went from a class of 200 to a class of over 1k. . Went from an all white school to a 90 percent black school and the rest was Vietnamese except for maybe 2 percent white
Nothing against the black students but it was a culture shock for me. Plus there was riot police at this school daily the asians and black fought daily
I could not name one person I went to school with from there. I was bused from where I lived to this school because the school district I would have went to was having their senior class an all male class because it was an all boy school prior . The year we moved there was the first year they let girls on campus.. Since I was a senior I had to go a school 30 miles away .

i was class of 71 and you are right.....71 was great....72 was a bunch of whiney ass boring peeps

i have never been to a reunion and have no desire to do so.....i still have nightmares about having to go back to high school.....i consider it the most hellish 4 years of my life...the last two years having police on campus the whole time due to racial tension....it simply was the worst of times.....

I was overseas for my 10th, the 20th was interrupted by 9/11 and I had no desire to go to my 30th.

I realized that if I had wanted to stay in touch with those guys I would have.

Last edited:
I was class of '76. I went to the 25th (missed all the others as I was always overseas somewhere in the Nav.).

Had a good time.

Some people NEVER changed, even after 25 years.

Have no interest in attending any future reunions....

Been there once, that was enough.

I recently attended my wife's 40th high school reunion. It was ok. Met some pretty nice folks. Food was pretty fair. All in all I suppose I had a good time considering I knew nobody there and my wife knew everybody.

Forum List

Back