40th anniversary of Mary Jo Kopechne’s drowning

ahhh, who's resorting to "name calling" now tough guy?-- getting frustrated?-- i thought i'd finally get to u if i attacked that murdering boot-legger-- hey brfgn, roll over again and ask ur professor if it's ok to call Joe Kennedy a communist or just a good capitalist-- and ask him to get u another glass of that "moonshine" while u'r at it-- Regards, probus

WOW...you have all the right wing pea brain Kennedy talking points memorized...

An American family that sent their sons to fight FOR America in a world war and have 3 of them die serving this country...to compare them to Saddam Hussein and his sons is beyond ignorance...it is unpatriotic heresy...

If only it were Kennedy (R)...THEN they would be great Americans, right pea brain?

no tough guy-- if only "randy John" and Bobby and the eldest Joe had lived and that drooling tool Teddy had bit the dust then all would have been right with the world-- then the curse of Joe Kennedy would have been paid in full-- as it is, they're probably all rolling over in their graves watching what Teddy has done to help make vegetable matter like u seem vaguely sentient-- do u sprout by urself or do u need fertilizer to make u give forth so?-- give my best to ur professor a "good morning" for me and ask him what time u have to go to remedial History 101 class (oh and don't forget to tell him to change his condom)-- Regards, probus

Last edited:
no tough guy-- if only "randy John" and Bobby and the eldest Joe had lived and that drooling tool Teddy had bit the dust then all would have been right with the world-- then the curse of Joe Kennedy would have been paid in full-- as it is, they're probably all rolling over in their graves watching what Teddy has done to help make vegetable matter like u seem vaguely sentient-- do u sprout by urself or do u need fertilizer to make u give forth so?-- give my best to ur professor a "good morning" for me and ask him what time u have to go to remedial History 101 class (oh and don't forget to tell him to change his condom)-- Regards, probus

It's pretty clear you don't know anything about Jack or Bobby...Ted is politically and philosophically aligned with his late brothers...

The Republicans used to be a party of conservatives, like Jack's good friend Barry Goldwater, before the party was hijacked by authoritarians...far right theocrats and far left Trotskyists...

From your anti democratic Un American call to hang and shoot the Kennedys, it's clear you're an authoritarian follower...BTW...So is Monica Lewinsky...

How ironic. today's GOP agenda is so perfectly aligned with these fanatics that circulated this flier on November 21, 1963 in Dallas...

1205_1_lg.jpg

Congratulations probus you got most of your wish...

ce353a.jpg

ea6f9cc744edb7d3ac2c570adcca.jpeg

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."
President John F. Kennedy

How anybody could defend Ted kennedy for this is a mystery.

It was a classic example of how privilige and money makes you above the law.

It's simple...Ted Kennedy has done MUCH more good over his lifetime...

IF Bush had listened to Ted Kennedy and not invaded Iraq, over a hundred thousand innocent human beings would still be ALIVE, including over 4,000 AMERICANS...

FUCK YOU ASSWIPE.....the guys a fucking lowlife and for you to defend him tells me your no better....

More that the people that have voted over and over again to retain him have no decency.

:lol:

fuckin' moonbatty wing-nut! :lol:

accidents happen and all the christians forgave \Teddy.

now STFU and go protect the children...from your male relatives
Bug off, all the man had to do was get some help but no he was to worried about protecting his own ass to try to get her help. Accidents happen but most decent people don't wait for hours and hours to go by before getting help. Leaving her to drown was criminal.

Sometime around midnight, on July 18, 1969 Kennedy drove his Oldsmobile 88 off of a small bridge on Chappaquiddick island, into eight feet of chilly water. The vehicle landed upside-down. While Kennedy managed to free himself from the wreck and swim to safety, his passenger, 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne was left in the car to drown.

Once he reached shore, Kennedy claims to have made seven or eight attempts to rescue Kopechne, but could not free her.

Kennedy then walked back to the cottage where he and four other men, were partying with several young women known as the “Boiler Room Girls“ who had worked on Robert Kennedy‘s campaign. Though Kennedy passed by a fire station and a private home to return to the cottage, he never stopped to ask for help for the trapped Kopechne.

He returned to the party and according to Kennedy himself, informed his cousin and a friend of the situation. The two men, Joseph Gargan and Paul Markham claim to have returned to the scene of the accident and made several unsuccessful attempts to free Kopechne.

After the failed rescue attempts, Kennedy claims to have jumped back into the water and made the 500-foot swim across the channel back to Edgartown. He then walked back to his hotel and spent the night. He even took the time to change clothes and pay a visit to the front-desk, to complain about a noisy party--no doubt Kennedy's sloppy attempt at securing an alibi.

The next morning, Gargan and Markham around 8:00 a.m., and were supposedly shocked to discover that Kennedy never reported the accident to police. According to Kennedy‘s own testimony, he told them: "about my own thoughts and feelings as I swam across that channel ... that somehow when they arrived in the morning that they were going to say that Mary Jo was still alive"

The two men along with Kennedy went back to Chappaquiddick, where Kennedy spent some time making phone calls, seeking advice from various individuals as to how to proceed.

Meanwhile, two fisherman had discovered the submerged car and notified police. At 8:45a.m. a diver recovered the lifeless body of Mary Jo Kopechne.

It was not until 10a.m., over nine hours after driving-off of the bridge that Ted Kennedy went to the police station in Edgarton to report the accident.

How anybody could defend Ted kennedy for this is a mystery.

It was a classic example of how privilige and money makes you above the law.

IF Bush had listened to Ted Kennedy and not invaded Iraq, over a hundred thousand innocent human beings would still be ALIVE, including over 4,000 AMERICANS...

FUCK YOU ASSWIPE.....the guys a fucking lowlife and for you to defend him tells me your no better....

Yes Bush has been called that...

EPA investigators that quit the agency because of Bush's environmental terrorism claim Bush's policies would lead to 100,000 premature deaths of American citizens over the next decade. Bush took office and immediately undermined and reversed 1999 Clinton lawsuits against Cinergy and Dominion, two of the nation's largest polluters who had just agreed to cut pollution from their old, coal-fired power plants by two-thirds, or more than half a million tons a year. They were in violation of the Clean Air Act by expanding their coal-fired electric plants without controlling emissions such as nitrogen oxide and sulfur dioxide--noxious gases that cause smog, asthma, lung cancer, and premature death and they knew it. The post-election settlement with Cinergy and Dominion was a landmark, pressuring other companies to follow suit and clean up their act as well. BUT that never HAPPENED...

And then there's Robert F. Kennedy Jr...

George W. Bush will go down in history as America's worst environmental president. In a ferocious three-year attack, the Bush administration has initiated more than 200 major rollbacks of America's environmental laws, weakening the protection of our country's air, water, public lands and wildlife.

EPA investigators that quit the agency because of Bush's environmental terrorism claim Bush's policies would lead to 100,000 premature deaths of American citizens over the next decade. Bush took office and immediately undermined and reversed 1999 Clinton lawsuits against Cinergy and Dominion, two of the nation's largest polluters who had just agreed to cut pollution from their old, coal-fired power plants by two-thirds, or more than half a million tons a year. They were in violation of the Clean Air Act by expanding their coal-fired electric plants without controlling emissions such as nitrogen oxide and sulfur dioxide--noxious gases that cause smog, asthma, lung cancer, and premature death and they knew it. The post-election settlement with Cinergy and Dominion was a landmark, pressuring other companies to follow suit and clean up their act as well. BUT that never HAPPENED...

George W. Bush will go down in history as America's worst environmental president. In a ferocious three-year attack, the Bush administration has initiated more than 200 major rollbacks of America's environmental laws, weakening the protection of our country's air, water, public lands and wildlife.

is bobby jr still a junkie or is he clean these days?

Please seek therapy, your not right.

How you come up with Bush from Teddy leaving a woman to die is simply not rational or normal.

I think you need to check yourself into a Bush Detox program so you can free yourself and get on with your life.
:cuckoo:

THAT is a really lousy f_cking thing to say del... a LOW blow...anyone that can overcome opiate addiction is 100 times the man you are or I am...

THAT is a really lousy f_cking thing to say del... a LOW blow...anyone that can overcome opiate addiction is 100 times the man you are or I am...

no, they're not. it may be a lousy thing to say, but it's the reality, and he wasn't that sharp to begin with.

no, they're not. it may be a lousy thing to say, but it's the reality, and he wasn't that sharp to begin with.

You don't know anything about it del...if you did, you would know how difficult it is...

Bobby Jr has proven to be real sharp, maybe you just have a bias against his political positions...

You don't know anything about it del...if you did, you would know how difficult it is...

Bobby Jr has proven to be real sharp, maybe you just have a bias against his political positions...

there's no doubt i'm biased against his political positions.

as to overcoming a drug addiction, i know way more than i ever wanted to.

maybe you're in thrall to the kennedy mystique? i'm immune, myself.

I don't know how sharp Bobby Jr. is or isn't, but, if he has learned how to live a life in active recovery, then good for him and congratulations to anyone who can achieve that.

Why would you be FOR killing our planet, killing our people and selling out We the People to corporations? I suggest you read and understand what RFK Jr is saying and research will reveal that he does know his stuff..

Please seek therapy, your not right.

How you come up with Bush from Teddy leaving a woman to die is simply not rational or normal.

I think you need to check yourself into a Bush Detox program so you can free yourself and get on with your life.
:cuckoo:

Really???

logo.gif

Bush's sorry environmental record

by Former EPA Administrator Russell Train and former New Hampshire State Senator Rick Russman, both REP members
published September 23, 2004 in the Concord (NH) Monitor

Except in a few instances, the environmental policies of the Bush administration are a disgrace.

As lifelong Republicans who have worked for decades to protect and restore clean air and clean water, we find the turning back of the environmental clock by this administration profoundly disturbing. And New Hampshire suffers from these backward policies.

Republican President Richard Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency. In his 1970 State of the Union message, he called the environmental cause "as fundamental as life itself." With bipartisan leadership in Congress, Nixon initiated many of the environmental protections we enjoy today.

Republican President George H.W. Bush signed the Clean Air Act of 1990, one of the most protective environmental statutes.

Unfortunately, President George W. Bush's administration is reversing course from 30 years of bipartisan leadership to protect our health and environment.

The administration's policies to promote energy, mining and timber interests with little regard for the interests of common citizens represent a throwback to an era of exploitation. The administration's assault on the environment has increased pollution and health threats in New Hampshire, according to a report by Environment2004.

The administration weakened the Clean Air Act to allow aging power plants to continue spewing sulfur, mercury and other contaminants into the skies. These end up in New Hampshire's air and waters. This pollution from Midwestern power plants and other sources forms smog that threatens the 65,000 New Hampshire residents who suffer from asthma. It falls as acid rain that damages New Hampshire's forests and waters.

Mercury pollution has forced New Hampshire to establish a fish consumption advisory that covers all its lakes and rivers. Infants, children, pregnant women and women of child-bearing age are particularly vulnerable to mercury. Mercury affects a child's ability to learn, most notably impairing memory, attention and fine motor function.

New Hampshire's drinking water is threatened by the Bush administration. Fifteen percent of New Hampshire's public water supplies and thousands of its private wells are contaminated by the fuel additive MtBE. Recent studies show that MtBE may cause cancer, and it makes drinking water smell and taste foul even at low levels, yet the administration has not banned its use.

To pay for the cleanup of this contamination, New Hampshire sued 22 oil companies responsible for MtBE contamination. Nonetheless, the Bush administration's energy bill would block these suits and force New Hampshire taxpayers to foot the bill for cleaning up the state's contaminated drinking water. The industry contributed $338,000 to the Bush presidential campaign and Republican congressional candidates in 1999 and 2000.

Republican Sens. Judd Gregg and John Sununu fervently oppose this policy.

The administration has adopted these and other policies based on the advice of its industry allies instead of the EPA's scientists and experts. Its proposed mercury policy would delay significant mercury reduction until 2018. This was lifted from the utility industry's recommendations while the administration ignored the EPA's children's health protection experts.

This is but one example of the administration disregarding scientific guidance - a radical change from previous Republican and Democratic administrations.

The scientific community is alarmed by the Bush administration's widespread rejection of sound science. The Union of Concerned Scientists, a nationwide organization of eminent scientists declared: "When scientific knowledge has been found to be in conflict with its political goals, the administration has often manipulated the process through which science enters into its decisions."More recently, 48 Nobel Prize-winning scientists wrote in an open letter to the American people that the administration "has ignored unbiased scientific advice in the policy-making that is so important to our collective welfare."

There was no mandate in the 2000 election to weaken and undo our environmental and public health protections. In this year's election, environmental policy needs a full public debate.

We do not believe that turning back the clock or simply maintaining the status quo is a sufficient response for the road ahead. The candidates should do at least as well in responding to the planet's realities in 2004 as Richard Nixon did in 1970.

How do the candidates propose to slow global climate change and reduce our dependence on foreign oil? How will their environmental policies protect our children's health and America's natural resources that are vital to the health of our economy?

These are issues the candidates must address. The American people deserve nothing less.
http://www.repamerica.org/opinions/op-eds/61.html

Why would you be FOR killing our planet, killing our people and selling out We the People to corporations? I suggest you read and understand what RFK Jr is saying and research will reveal that he does know his stuff..

please point out where i made the above assertions.

i'll wait

please point out where i made the above assertions.

i'll wait

You say you are biased against his political positions; do you know them?

Del this guy wont listen to ya....hes got a Kennedy cock stuck in every orafice on his body...

harry-- i'm new here and even i know this bfrgn is a pogue-- he totally ignores ur questions and rebuttals and goes off on his own tangents-- kinda like a "plant" that needs to be trimmed back-- reminds me of the snow vine i've got out in my back yard-- nice to look at for awhile but with no discipline whatsoever-- only thing to do is pull it out by the roots-- Regards, probus

Forum List

Back