40th anniversary of JFK assassination

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DKSuddeth, Nov 19, 2003.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    NEW YORK - The shooting of President John F. Kennedy was not a political conspiracy but an almost spontaneous act by a troubled man who wanted attention, the brother of Lee Harvey Oswald says.

Oswald had been depressed, feeling since childhood that he was unwanted, and was looking for a way to grab the spotlight, Robert Oswald said in interviews on NBC's "Today" show Saturday, the 40th anniversary of Kennedy's death, and with ABC News.

"There was no conspiracy," Robert Oswald told NBC. "He made those decisions within himself."

The government-appointed Warren Commission also concluded in 1964 that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, firing from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository building where he worked in Dallas as the president's motorcade drove through Dealey Plaza.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20031122/ap_on_re_us/jfk_oswald_s_brother_1

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    what about the select comittee's ruling on the conspiracy?

3. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Roberts statement is the same thing as our post, our opinion. I dont think we will ever know how deep and far the trail of conspiracy really goes. How many of you remember where you were on that day? I was home watching toons on TV with my twin bro, Mom got a phone call and started to cry soon Dad was home as the owner sent everyone home to be with their loved ones.[Fancy that happening today!] I think that was the day I lost my childlike innocence.