$400 Million In Aid To Palestinians: Yea or Nay?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
This White House has just announced their plans to send $400 Million in aid to the Palestinians. Have the Palestinians been good to Americans over the years? Do they deserve our Tax Dollars? Foreign Aid seems to be one of those issues that American Citizens have absolutely no say in at all. Our representatives never debate these aid packages publicly. They seem to get automatically approved with no American Citizen input and somewhat secretly. Would the majority of American Citizens support this Palestinian Aid package? Since our representatives wont listen to us,i would be interested in hearing what you all think about this. Thanks.

It's yet another significant waste of taxpayer money.

The Palestinians? Maybe... if there was such a person. This is a crock. Funny, but not one Palestinian existed prior to 1949.

Nuff already.

No. Whats amazing is all these rich arab states that care so much about palestine but give them absolutely nothing.

The Palestinians? Maybe... if there was such a person. This is a crock. Funny, but not one Palestinian existed prior to 1949.

Nuff already.

You should:

1. Learn to think for yourself and quit parroting Israeli propaganda
or
2. Learn to do research

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/nationalityinstructions/nichapter54/ch54annexa?view=Binary

Annex A: List of categories of pre-1949 British protected persons and their
status after 28 January 1949

2. Citizens of Palestine under the Palestinian Citizenship Orders 1925-1942.

I have a lot of questions about this Aid Package and many others. The Palestinians have not been good to Americans over the years. In fact they have even been involved with the killing of Americans in the past. What has a Palestinian Citizen ever given to an American Citizen? Hmm?

This White House has just announced their plans to send $400 Million in aid to the Palestinians. Have the Palestinians been good to Americans over the years? Do they deserve our Tax Dollars? Foreign Aid seems to be one of those issues that American Citizens have absolutely no say in at all. Our representatives never debate these aid packages publicly. They seem to get automatically approved with no American Citizen input and somewhat secretly. Would the majority of American Citizens support this Palestinian Aid package? Since our representatives wont listen to us,i would be interested in hearing what you all think about this. Thanks.

Where the hell are we going to get $400 MILLION from?

All i've ever seen Palestinians do is burn American Flags and screech "Death to America!!" Yet we're going to send them more American Tax Payer cash? Seems pretty ludicrous to me.

Where the hell are we going to get $400 MILLION from?
We borrow it from our great grandchildren.

I want to hear about all the wonderful things Palestinians have done for American Citizens before i'm willing to send them $400 Million in Tax Dollars. I just don't see anything Palestinians have ever done to help Americans. In fact all i've seen is those burnt American Flags and threats to kill Americans. These aid packages really should be debated in public first before they approve these kinds of funds. These kinds of packages shouldn't be an automatic approval.

I want to hear about all the wonderful things Palestinians have done for American Citizens before i'm willing to send them $400 Million in Tax Dollars. I just don't see anything Palestinians have ever done to help Americans. In fact all i've seen is those burnt American Flags and threats to kill Americans. These aid packages really should be debated in public first before they approve these kinds of funds. These kinds of packages shouldn't be an automatic approval.

Before we do that, let's hear all of the wonderful things that Iraqis, Afghans and Pakistanis have done for America, since they already have TRILLIONS of our tax payer dollars?

Considering that it was solely UK and US citizens tax dollars that created this mess, I feel some obligation to help fix it. How about you?

Considering that it was solely UK and US citizens tax dollars that created this mess, I feel some obligation to help fix it. How about you?

Really? I wasn't aware that the U.S. and the U.K. were the aggressors in WWII. Nor was I aware that they led the Jews to Israel nearly 3,400 years ago. What's your source?

If you burn American Flags and screech "Death to America!!",you get no American Tax Payer Dollars. Man,it's so simple. What the H*ll is wrong with our so-called representatives? Hey at least Israel pretends to like us. The Palestinians have never done anything to help Americans. I see no reason to float them $Millions more in Tax Payer cash. These aid packages really do need to be openly debated and with much more American Citizen input. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

Giving money to people who hate us is rather stooopid.

It appears that Arab nations do donate, despite Israeli interference (justified or not).

Major donors

Map of countries giving emergency aid to Gaza in 2009According to the Development Assistance Committee, the main multilateral donors for the 2006–2007 period were UNRWA and the EU (through the European Commission); the main bilateral donors were the US, Japan, Canada and five European countries (Norway, Germany, Sweden, Spain and France).[52] Since 1993 the European Commission and the EU member-states combined have been by far the largest aid contributor to the Palestinians.[53] The Arab League states have also been substantial donors, notably through budgetary support to the PNA during the Second Intifada; they have been however criticized for not sufficiently financing the UNRWA and the PNA, and for balking at their pledges.[54] After the 2006 Palestinian elections, the Arab countries tried to contribute to the payment of the Palestinian public servants' wages, bypassing the PNA; at the same time Arab funds were paid directly to Abbas' office for disbursement.[55] During the Paris Conference, 11% of the pledges came from the US and Canada, 53% from Europe and 20% from the Arab countries.[42]

Forum List

Back