'400 Church Leaders [MAY] Resign Because Ashley Madison Hack '

You already have the proof or you wouldn't be citing his attempt to pretend otherwise. Which is more likely: Hunter Biden set up an account or his story that the Russians secretly set it up from a device in the building his office is in?

Seriously, why don't you back up your claim?Name one of the leaders. Or are you just a hypocrite for demanding something you won't give.

Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack

The Ashley Madison hack will have a serious effect on churches. According to Ed Stetzer, as many as 400 pastors, deacons, elders and church staff members may resign this Sunday after their names surfaced on the list of users revealed in the Ashley Madison hack.

In a post on his Christianity Today blog, The Exchange, Stetzer said the number is based on “conversations with leaders from several denominations in the U.S. and Canada,” adding, “To be honest, the number of pastors and church leaders on Ashley Madison is much lower than the number of those looking to have an affair.” Along with being a contributing editor for CT, author and professor, Stetzer is the executive director of LifeWay Research, and a well-regarded expert on church leadership. He is also the executive editor of the Christian leadership publication Facts & Trends. All that to say, Stetzer is well-informed, and his number is likely accurate. Former social conservative lobbyist and Christian reality TV star Josh Duggar and Christian vlogger Sam Rader recently released their own statements, acknowledging that they were both users of the site, which facilitates adultery.

Read more at Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack

Couldn't find where anyone else had posted this.

Good thing so many people have "spiritual leaders" they can go to for advice on their marriage problems.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well from what I can tell this is just a claim from whomever this Ed Stetzer guy is. His post doesn't cite any supporting data aside from his own conversations. That's not worth a whole lot. Now to be sure there were priests and pastors outed. They are human like anyone else, and there is sure to be some fallout, but I'll be surprised to see a mass resignation of 400 of them this Sunday. Looks to me to be more of a case of some guy trying to make a name for himself

That's why I added the editorial "[MAY]" to the subject title.

So you can malign all Christians without showing evidence of one.

Hmm sort of like accusing all Pharisees, so you now admit the NT is wrong?

Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack

The Ashley Madison hack will have a serious effect on churches. According to Ed Stetzer, as many as 400 pastors, deacons, elders and church staff members may resign this Sunday after their names surfaced on the list of users revealed in the Ashley Madison hack.

In a post on his Christianity Today blog, The Exchange, Stetzer said the number is based on “conversations with leaders from several denominations in the U.S. and Canada,” adding, “To be honest, the number of pastors and church leaders on Ashley Madison is much lower than the number of those looking to have an affair.” Along with being a contributing editor for CT, author and professor, Stetzer is the executive director of LifeWay Research, and a well-regarded expert on church leadership. He is also the executive editor of the Christian leadership publication Facts & Trends. All that to say, Stetzer is well-informed, and his number is likely accurate. Former social conservative lobbyist and Christian reality TV star Josh Duggar and Christian vlogger Sam Rader recently released their own statements, acknowledging that they were both users of the site, which facilitates adultery.

Read more at Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack

Good thing so many people have "spiritual leaders" they can go to for advice on their marriage problems.

Well from what I can tell this is just a claim from whomever this Ed Stetzer guy is. His post doesn't cite any supporting data aside from his own conversations. That's not worth a whole lot. Now to be sure there were priests and pastors outed. They are human like anyone else, and there is sure to be some fallout, but I'll be surprised to see a mass resignation of 400 of them this Sunday. Looks to me to be more of a case of some guy trying to make a name for himself

Liar. I did nothing of the kind.

Read the OP - it was a "christian" blog writer who made the accusation and even he did not say "all" christians were on Ashley Madison.

You already have the proof or you wouldn't be citing his attempt to pretend otherwise. Which is more likely: Hunter Biden set up an account or his story that the Russians secretly set it up from a device in the building his office is in?

Seriously, why don't you back up your claim?Name one of the leaders. Or are you just a hypocrite for demanding something you won't give.

The site did not check emails so YOU cannot prove your accusation.

One thing for sure - this scandal proves there's no such thing as "the sanctity of marriage".

Read the OP - it was a "christian" blog writer who made the accusation and even he did not say "all" christians were on Ashley Madison.

One thing for sure - this scandal proves there's no such thing as "the sanctity of marriage".

I'm sure you posted the link because you weren't trying to smear Christians. It's all you do at in the religion section. So why pretend otherwise?

And if you think a few people violating their marriage covenants makes marriage any less sacred you are severely mistaken.

400 cross groveling leaders? I bet more will be outted, then they can ask jebus to forgive them.. ....for getting caught

Heal in the name of jebus!!
How many from black churches?

I'm sure you posted the link because you weren't trying to smear Christians. It's all you do at in the religion section. So why pretend otherwise?

And if you think a few people violating their marriage covenants makes marriage any less sacred you are severely mistaken.

You're no better than the "christian" in the link. You both accuse people without having any proof.

At least I added the word "[MAY]" instead of directly quoting the article title. IOW, I gave the "christians" the benefit of the doubt while both you and the "christian" author ASSSumed guilt - even though neither you nor the "christian" author has any proof.

You're always preaching about how you're so much better than others, always so holier than thou, looking down from on high.

You're a shallow hypocrite and a liar.

You're no better than the "christian" in the link. You both accuse people without having any proof.

At least I added the word "[MAY]" instead of directly quoting the article title. IOW, I gave the "christians" the benefit of the doubt while both you and the "christian" author ASSSumed guilt - even though neither you nor the "christian" author has any proof.

You're always preaching about how you're so much better than others, always so holier than thou, looking down from on high.

You did add "MAY" and I noticed you didn't directly quote the article so you must have been giving the benefit of the doubt. I commend you for doing that, Luddly. Many people would not have but you did it of your own volition.

You did add "MAY" and I noticed you didn't directly quote the article so you must have been giving the benefit of the doubt. I commend you for doing that, Luddly. Many people would not have but you did it of your own volition.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Sex and marriage is and should be between the consenting adults involved. The ONLY reason this particular blog was of any interest is that its the so-called christians who hold themselves up as great moral beacons and all the while, they're molesting children and screwing around on their wives.

Which is also why I point out Avatar4321 's hypocrisy. He preaches and thumps and constantly says he is so much better than others here but then defends and supports the worst in our society.

Luddly, the Bible says that judgment begins in the House of God so this may be the beginnings of it although I have been hearing stories for some time that sounds like judgment to me. I told De and FlaCalTenn, on another thread some time ago - there are atheists and agnostics that live cleaner lives, show more morals, family values, compassion, (not my exact words word for word but what I meant) than some who proclaim Christ as their LORD and why is that? Because there is a false gospel being preached which has many under the illusion that they can live any way they want to and still enter into heaven (they can't)!

To be clear Matthew 22 is a warning message for the Church. It is clearly the parable that confirms the words of Jesus when he said the tax collector and the prostitute will enter the kingdom of heaven before they would. Who was Jesus speaking to? The religious leaders, Pharisees and Saduccees.

In the parable of the wedding banquet (Matthew 22) the King said those who were invited were found not worthy to come. So he sent his servants out to the highways and byways to invite both the "good and the bad" to come in so his banquet hall would be filled. And they came! (while those who were invited earlier refused!) These are interesting times we are living in.

p.s. I am certain that God gave those Pastors, deacons, leaders many opportunities to repent and return to Him but they refused. I heard one video of a man caught in adultery who said he was already forgiven and didn't need to repent! This is what I mean by false gospel. There are preachers on television telling people they do not need to repent, no need to live holy. Jesus did it all for them. They are sadly mistaken.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Sex and marriage is and should be between the consenting adults involved. The ONLY reason this particular blog was of any interest is that its the so-called christians who hold themselves up as great moral beacons and all the while, they're molesting children and screwing around on their wives.

Which is also why I point out Avatar4321 's hypocrisy. He preaches and thumps and constantly says he is so much better than others here but then defends and supports the worst in our society.

I cannot speak for Avatar. I want you to know, Luddly, that I do not believe I am better than you are. There is no way I could believe that. When God found me it was in the lowest of the lowest place and I'm sure I've committed far worse sins in my life than you have. I'm forgiven today by the mercy of God and salvation through Jesus Christ and there is no difference in my receiving forgiveness and mercy from God and receiving it and you receiving it. No difference. What God has done for me He would do for any who desired to come to Him.

The offer to come to Jesus Christ is open to "whosoever will". When I think about your compassion for animals, for single families, the sacrifices you have made to help others, I think to myself you have done many good things in your life and I know that has not missed the attention of God. I could not tell you that if I didn't mean it. I also believe by what you have written - on the board - that you have suffered many things and you are still here - for which I thank God very much. I want only God's best for your life. I do mean that sincerely.

God knows my heart. I want to see you in heaven.

You're right. I have no problem defending you.

I asked you to provide a name of someone who may resign. Are you going to?

No she won't. My guess is she will fill the thread with quotes from people who are no longer living....likely about 10 pages worth so you will forget what she didn't provide. I know this because she did it on another thread about religious aspects

Forum List

Back