40 Years Ago

We lost the greatest Pop artist of the 70s when he drove his car into a tree.

I suspect that most Americans have never heard of Marc Bolan and T Rex.

Have a treat and listen to a single that Chuck Berry would have been chuffed with.

You're an arrogant little shit stain, aren't you? Never heard of Marc Bolan and T Rex? You're a fool.

You've got serious gender issues. :eusa_dance::cuckoo::meow::spinner:
No, this has:
IMG_2313.JPG

:uhoh3:
:slap:
:spinner:

Have you never heard of Marc Bolan ?
No, I just looked him up and he looks like a ladyboy?

Androgeny was popular in the 80's. Boy George is the one who made it mainstream.
Marc shagged everything that moved. He was the greatest pop star of the 70s. Tilly knows this. She is just playing dumb.
Figures you hero worship a male slut who drove his car into a tree :uhoh3:

Androgeny was popular in the 80's. Boy George is the one who made it mainstream.
Marc shagged everything that moved. He was the greatest pop star of the 70s. Tilly knows this. She is just playing dumb.

That's when all the big hair bands started up, and that in turn led to the androgeny movement in the 80's.

Ever see people like Poison, or Whitesnake? Those dudes had more makeup than most chicks that I've seen.

And of course, there is the ultimate dress up band of the 70's, KISS.
Those bands are not in the same league as Bolan. He is the Elvis of the 70s.
You vote Democrat so you're not expected to know anything.

The best thing about "Bang a gong" is how they seemingly screwed up, miscued at near the end of the song left that in the final track we all know. It made for a better song, I still listen for that particular part of the song.

The best thing about "Bang a gong" is how they seemingly screwed up, miscued at near the end of the song left that in the final track we all know. It made for a better song, I still listen for that particular part of the song.
Well Mary its a relief that the great man has been heard in the states. Elton John played piano on that track.

Same thing with Iron Butterfly's "Inna Godda Da Vida". They were so drunk and high when they recorded it that they slurred the original words "In the Garden of Eden" and made it into the hard rock icon that it is today.

Well Mary its a relief that the great man has been heard in the states. Elton John played piano on that track.
Really? Got to love it. (Love Elton John).

That's when all the big hair bands started up, and that in turn led to the androgeny movement in the 80's.

Ever see people like Poison, or Whitesnake? Those dudes had more makeup than most chicks that I've seen.

And of course, there is the ultimate dress up band of the 70's, KISS.
Those bands are not in the same league as Bolan. He is the Elvis of the 70s.
Elvis of the 70's?.....lets not get carried away tommy.....the guy was an influence on punk and glam rock....but that is about it.........

OK. A funny thing happened to me tonight.

We got back from the boat and put on the tv, and lo and behold Sky Arts had a prog on about Mark Bolan!

So, in deference to this thread - and to Tommy - I decided to watch.

I'd already missed the first half hour, but in the second half hour I was greeted with a former MB manager who immediately said MB was bisexual.

Well, I kind of guessed that just from the Pics! But Tommy seemed to think this idea was outlandish! I guess I will trust those who knew Mark Bolan at the time, rather than a sad old fan called tammy :)

Anyway, they didn't really play enough of the music for me to maintain my current stance of what a load of crap - or to change it.

However, It showed me enough to know it's not for me, but the documentary did allow me to understand Tommy and how he might be living in the past?

Also, eventually a wonderful lady called Gloria appeared, and her love for MB and thier son was really and truly heartwarming.

It's a pity she killed MB in a car crash, and thank goodness the son doesn't blame her.

I really wanted to endorse Tammys fixation, but it's just not possible.
I will say that Gloria seems like an interesting and lovely lady though.

Last edited:

"looks like" ???

Sorry Tommy, but I don't know who he was.
Just listen to the tunes. It becomes obvious then.

Oh, it's obvious alright...

{Now Jimmy looking sweet though he dresses like a queen
He can kick like a mule
It's a real mean team
We can love
Oh we can love
And my brother's back at home
With his Beatles and his Stones }

Forum List

Back