40 Years Ago

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
We lost the greatest Pop artist of the 70s when he drove his car into a tree.

I suspect that most Americans have never heard of Marc Bolan and T Rex.

Have a treat and listen to a single that Chuck Berry would have been chuffed with.

Was he a transvestite?

IMG_2312.JPG

images

Gloria Jones was a Northern Soul star who sang "Tainted Love". She was also Mrs Bolan.

The baby they are holding was raised in the States after Marc died. He didnt know what a legend his Dad was until he visited the UK.

Have you never heard of Marc Bolan ?
No, I just looked him up and he looks like a ladyboy?

Androgeny was popular in the 80's. Boy George is the one who made it mainstream.
Marc shagged everything that moved. He was the greatest pop star of the 70s. Tilly knows this. She is just playing dumb.

That's when all the big hair bands started up, and that in turn led to the androgeny movement in the 80's.

Ever see people like Poison, or Whitesnake? Those dudes had more makeup than most chicks that I've seen.

And of course, there is the ultimate dress up band of the 70's, KISS.

Androgeny was popular in the 80's. Boy George is the one who made it mainstream.
Marc shagged everything that moved. He was the greatest pop star of the 70s. Tilly knows this. She is just playing dumb.
I think your hero worship is blinding you :wink_2:

That's when all the big hair bands started up, and that in turn led to the androgeny movement in the 80's.

Ever see people like Poison, or Whitesnake? Those dudes had more makeup than most chicks that I've seen.

And of course, there is the ultimate dress up band of the 70's, KISS.
Those bands are not in the same league as Bolan. He is the Elvis of the 70s.

I think your hero worship is blinding you :wink_2:
You and "thinking" are strangers.

Well I've never heard of him, but to be fair, I'm of the opinion that the music, film and fashion of the 70's is generally horrendous so I'm not really au fait with that crap. Sorry.

Well I've never heard of him, but to be fair, I'm of the opinion that the music, film and fashion of the 70's is generally horrendous so I'm not really au fait with that crap. Sorry.
Listen to the tracks. Might make you human.

Listen to the tracks. Might make you human.
It doesn't seem to have humanised you, so no thanks :)

Forum List

Back