40 Years Ago Today: The Day Nixon Created Ron Paul

• Banned
Rep. Paul introduces bill to cancel $1.6T in debt held by Federal Reserve

Rep. Ron Paul on Monday introduced legislation that would lower the federal government's debt by canceling the roughly $1.6 trillion in debt held by the Federal Reserve.

Paul has argued for the last few weeks that the idea represents a quick way to make the growing fiscal crisis more manageable. Under his bill, H.R. 2768, the $1.6 trillion that the Treasury owes to the Federal Reserve would disappear.

The Federal Reserve began buying Treasury bonds in earnest late last year as part of its effort to keep long-term interest rates down. But Paul has argued that Fed purchases of Treasury debt represent a debt that the government owes to itself, and one that also leads to an unwanted and inflationary increase in the money supply.
Rep. Paul introduces bill to cancel $1.6T in debt held by Federal Reserve - The Hill's Floor Action

Rep. Paul introduces bill to cancel $1.6T in debt held by Federal Reserve

Rep. Ron Paul on Monday introduced legislation that would lower the federal government's debt by canceling the roughly $1.6 trillion in debt held by the Federal Reserve.

Paul has argued for the last few weeks that the idea represents a quick way to make the growing fiscal crisis more manageable. Under his bill, H.R. 2768, the $1.6 trillion that the Treasury owes to the Federal Reserve would disappear.

The Federal Reserve began buying Treasury bonds in earnest late last year as part of its effort to keep long-term interest rates down. But Paul has argued that Fed purchases of Treasury debt represent a debt that the government owes to itself, and one that also leads to an unwanted and inflationary increase in the money supply.
Rep. Paul introduces bill to cancel $1.6T in debt held by Federal Reserve - The Hill's Floor Action

During the debt ceiling debate every time I mentioned quantitative easing to anybody, no one knew what the hell it was. I posted threads about the fictitious debt that could easily be dissolved. Supposed respected members of this board ridiculed the idea because it would either A) hurt the shareholders of the Federal Reserve--which it would not--or B) deflation--the bogey man the Fed uses whenever their power is threatened.

The establishment is threatened by Paul. He is gaining traction despite the media's efforts to the contrary. O'Reilly took the unprecedented step of labeling him unwinnable. Fox marginalizes him, and MSNBC mocks him.

• Banned
During the debt ceiling debate every time I mentioned quantitative easing to anybody, no one knew what the hell it was. I posted threads about the fictitious debt that could easily be dissolved. Supposed respected members of this board ridiculed the idea because it would either A) hurt the shareholders of the Federal Reserve--which it would not--or B) deflation--the bogey man the Fed uses whenever their power is threatened.

The establishment is threatened by Paul. He is gaining traction despite the media's efforts to the contrary. O'Reilly took the unprecedented step of labeling him unwinnable. Fox marginalizes him, and MSNBC mocks him.

QE2 went to bail out foreign banks.

Cash%20at%20foreign%20banks_1_0.jpg

Exclusive: The Fed's $600 Billion Stealth Bailout Of Foreign Banks Continues At The Expense Of The Domestic Economy, Or Explaining Where All The QE2 Money Went | ZeroHedge

So Nixon was not a real conservative either?

By today's standards Nixon would unquestionably be a Democrat. This is the man that created the EPA.

JFK by all standards would be a Republican today. Google what he had to say about tax cuts, it's Reagan-like.

QE2 went to bail out foreign banks.

Cash%20at%20foreign%20banks_1_0.jpg

Exclusive: The Fed's $600 Billion Stealth Bailout Of Foreign Banks Continues At The Expense Of The Domestic Economy, Or Explaining Where All The QE2 Money Went | ZeroHedge

QE2 was trillions of dollars, and $1.7 trillion went to purchasing US Treasury Bills.

"In the last year or two the Fed has been buying up U.S. Treasury bonds in an effort to lower interest rates and boost the economy. The most recent round of that buying has been dubbed QE2, and has come under a good deal of criticism, though most economists agree that it was a generally helpful policy. The result is that the Fed now holds nearly $1.7 trillion in U.S. debt. " Debt Ceiling: Could Ron Paul's Plan Save Us From Disaster, twice? - The Curious Capitalist - TIME.com

Last edited:
  • Banned

By today's standards Nixon would unquestionably be a Democrat. This is the man that created the EPA.

JFK by all standards would be a Republican today. Google what he had to say about tax cuts, it's Reagan-like.

JFK would not be a Republican today. He would still be a moderate democratic. His tax cuts were Keynesian oriented to stimulate demand, not supply-side oriented to stimulate supply. JFK's cabinet was surrounded by Keynesian at the time. Supply-siders do not have a monopoly on tax cuts.

JFK would not be a Republican today. He would still be a moderate democratic. His tax cuts were Keynesian oriented to stimulate demand, not supply-side oriented to stimulate supply. JFK's cabinet was surrounded by Keynesian at the time. Supply-siders do not have a monopoly on tax cuts.

JFK's policies would be considered Republican today. But that isn't the point of your thread, is it?

JFK's policies would be considered Republican today. But that isn't the point of your thread, is it?

That is not the point of my thread. You sidetracked it with that nonsense.

Whatever. Apparently, you don't even understand what QE2 was or its implications. I'm the only one responding to it--supportive mind you--and you are the one that wants to split hairs.

Whatever. Apparently, you don't even understand what QE2 was or its implications. I'm the only one responding to it--supportive mind you--and you are the one that wants to split hairs.

I know what QE is. In fact, I posted a link about regarding that the initial round of QE2 going to the foreign bankers. However, my post is neither about QE or whether Kennedy would be a Republican.

You are the one that is derailing this thread with these topics, which I could care less about. I understand that conversation flows in tangents some time nor care if my thread gets derailed by these topics.

However, you want to make shit up like I don't understand QE and that JFK would be a Republican today, then so be it. However, I do not see how your tangents and fallacies are going to be productive for conversation.

I highly doubt Nixon created Ron Paul. I wouldn't attribute godlike ability to someone such as Nixon.

This video shows Nixon announcing that the dollar will no longer be backed up by gold in international transactions. The alarming event sparked the political career of a doctor named Ron Paul.

Yet another Nixon crime.

lol – the right’s trying to exchange Nixon for JFK – no deal.

Who cares if Nixon would have been a Republican or JFK a democrat? Look at their actual ideologies and compare those. This partisan focus on the left and right bullshit is so annoying. You can't place everyone in two categories.

Forum List

Back