40 Year Old Virgin

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Not one of my favorites. The movie was ok, had some ha-ha's in in it.. Nothing too earth shattering.

The ending was a mystery.... Maybe if one were to subtract forty from the year the movie was made,, and go back in time, the song would have made sense.

The question I would pose to the losers who made this flick is, What age group were you trying to target with the movie?? It was too lame to be a good adult flick and yet it was too jazzed up with profanity to be of any good for younger people.

I guess the hint was the showing/mentioning of FHM, and Stuff magazines, and the previews with American Pie.:wank:

The "TWAD" generation.

Not one of my favorites. The movie was ok, had some ha-ha's in in it.. Nothing too earth shattering.

Were you expecting something called The 40-Year-Old Virgin to be earth shattering?

The ending was a mystery.... Maybe if one were to subtract forty from the year the movie was made,, and go back in time, the song would have made sense.

I think they knew that they wanted to end the movie that way and that song was the only one they felt fit. I certainly can't think of a better song to represent someone losing their virginity. Nothing from the last 40 years, anyway.

The only other possible explanation is that there was originally more absurdist humor, along the lines of Anchorman, but it was almost entirely removed except for that scene.

The question I would pose to the losers who made this flick is, What age group were you trying to target with the movie?? It was too lame to be a good adult flick and yet it was too jazzed up with profanity to be of any good for younger people.

I think they were "officially" reaching for the male 18-to-40 demographic. I think they were really reaching for that demographic plus the high school crowds.

I don't know, I know many, MANY people who liked this movie a lot. So, maybe it's an early-20's, not quite mature enough to appreciate great work, not young enough to enjoy the American Pie type stuff crowd they were going for.

I enjoyed it a lot. It certainly wasn't highbrow or anything, but it was funny. Unfortunately it made the huge mistake of starting out as a wacky comedy and eventually trying to be a drama. It gets a little credit because the drama is relatively well-done (at least in the realm of sex comedy/dramas), but that is still something that irritates me.

Forum List

Back