40 Reasons why Baseball is better than football

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Half of this list is actually why baseball is better than the Philadelphia Eagles, but there's some real good ones in here that are universal.

iSportacus » Blog Archive » 40 Reasons Baseball is Better Than Football

8. The World Series has rabid home fans cheering madly for their team. The Super Bowl has men in suits who don’t even know what two teams are playing.

13. 80 degrees and a cold beer beats 20 degrees and cold extremities.

16. Casey at the Bat vs. ?????.

17. Field of Dreams vs. Any Given Sunday. Not even close.

20. Only eight teams can make the cut in the Major League playoffs.

21. Football is communist, baseball is free market. Nobody gets dropped from a baseball roster because they hurt a team’s salary cap.

22. Baseball team strategies are determined not only by their personnel, but the dimensions of their ball park.

23. The rules are constantly changing in football (Check out what constituted holding and pass interference in the 1970s.) Baseball’s rules are perfect. There is no need to change them.

25. One of the biggest thrills for a fan in baseball is when a big leaguer flips the ball into the stands after the inning. If he did that in the NFL, he’d get fined.

27. Deion Sanders may have played baseball, but there is no way in hell they were ever going to let him announce it after he retired. Football did.

28. Baseball has Peter Gammons. Football has Mel Kiper, Jr.

29. Baseball has “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” Football has whatever flash in the pan pop band plays at halftime of the first game.

31. People watch the World Series to see who wins. People watch the Super Bowl to see the commercials.

32. “Centerfield” by John Fogerty vs. ??????.

34. Quick, what happened in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series? Ok, quick, what happened in the third quarter of the 1986 Super Bowl?

37. Terrell Owens drops a lot of easy catches, is a clubhouse cancer, and still got a huge contract from the Bills. They have a term for baseball players who are a clubhouse cancer and can’t catch the ball: bush leaguers.

40. The Eagles are a very good team. The Phillies are World Fucking Champions!

Baseball has better EVERYTHING. I'll even take a Phillies ball girl over an Eagles cheerleader.

Baseball has better movies by far.

brians song

longest yard

north dallas forty

paper lion

Are those supposed to somehow compare to Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, and The Natural?

Even Sandlot is better than those movies, manu. But you have to be a real baseball fan to agree with that.

those were good movies as well......baseball bores me to tears.....so does football for that matter......

brians song

longest yard

north dallas forty

paper lion

Are those supposed to somehow compare to Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, and The Natural?

Even Sandlot is better than those movies, manu. But you have to be a real baseball fan to agree with that.

those were good movies as well......baseball bores me to tears.....so does football for that matter......

Oh, so then what are you doing in this subforum, much less this this type of thread?

Oh, so then what are you doing in this subforum, much less this this type of thread?

reading why baseball is better than football.....you never know you may educate me into liking it.....

I played baseball in high school. But watching a baseball game is almost as exciting as watching a golf match.

However: The Razorbacks baseball team is killer this year.

Last edited:

Please. Friday Night Lights kicks the ass of any baseball movie. Bull Durham is a great movie, but it's because it's about the eternal game of men v. women, not baseball.

I like baseball, I grew up listening to games late at night on the radio in bed when I was a kid, and watching great players like George Brett, Frank White, Paul Splitorff, Amos Otis, Hal MacRae, and others, but it is nowhere near as fun to watch as football.

p.s. basketball kicks the ASS of both football and baseball, you sports noobs.

Half of this list is actually why baseball is better than the Philadelphia Eagles, but there's some real good ones in here that are universal.

iSportacus » Blog Archive » 40 Reasons Baseball is Better Than Football

8. The World Series has rabid home fans cheering madly for their team. The Super Bowl has men in suits who don’t even know what two teams are playing.

13. 80 degrees and a cold beer beats 20 degrees and cold extremities.

16. Casey at the Bat vs. ?????.

17. Field of Dreams vs. Any Given Sunday. Not even close.

20. Only eight teams can make the cut in the Major League playoffs.

21. Football is communist, baseball is free market. Nobody gets dropped from a baseball roster because they hurt a team’s salary cap.

22. Baseball team strategies are determined not only by their personnel, but the dimensions of their ball park.

23. The rules are constantly changing in football (Check out what constituted holding and pass interference in the 1970s.) Baseball’s rules are perfect. There is no need to change them.

25. One of the biggest thrills for a fan in baseball is when a big leaguer flips the ball into the stands after the inning. If he did that in the NFL, he’d get fined.

27. Deion Sanders may have played baseball, but there is no way in hell they were ever going to let him announce it after he retired. Football did.

28. Baseball has Peter Gammons. Football has Mel Kiper, Jr.

29. Baseball has “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” Football has whatever flash in the pan pop band plays at halftime of the first game.

31. People watch the World Series to see who wins. People watch the Super Bowl to see the commercials.

32. “Centerfield” by John Fogerty vs. ??????.

34. Quick, what happened in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series? Ok, quick, what happened in the third quarter of the 1986 Super Bowl?

37. Terrell Owens drops a lot of easy catches, is a clubhouse cancer, and still got a huge contract from the Bills. They have a term for baseball players who are a clubhouse cancer and can’t catch the ball: bush leaguers.

40. The Eagles are a very good team. The Phillies are World Fucking Champions!

Baseball is a game for pussies...nuff said..

:rofl:

And the One reason that trumps all and is why football is better than baseball...

Insecure baseball fans spend time developing a stupid list of reasons why their sport is better than football!

:lol:

Hell, I even liked 'Mr Baseball' with Tom Selleck, baseball movies are just fun.

Yep, even Summer Catch. I'm sure the Sox fans here like that one.

Well, except Mani. Mani isn't really a sports fan, he just plays one on the internet.

Forum List

Back